What's new

Egyptian Military Industries & Products

The Egyptian plan to develop the arms industry... The dream of self-sufficiency for the Egyptian military industries is approaching..

I'd say another 10-15 years and there will be a major local, military industrial development industry in Egypt.

New 4x4 light armored vehicle
New_4x4_light_armored_vehicles_unveiled_by_Egyptian_army_1.jpg

Signal pistol
wm_5408850.jpg

commando's blade daggers and axes
maxresdefault.jpg

CRKT-Kangee-Tomahawk.jpg

Military high explosives
M112_C-4_Demolition_Block.jpg

COMP-4-1lb-net-block_-_600-copy-360x360.jpg

rostyslav-keyvan-prewiev-1.jpg

C_1.jpg

Since the establishment of the indigenous Military Industry, Egypt seems to have profited on several occasions from the country’s collaboration with other countries in the related domain, with local companies mostly benefiting in terms of expanding/upgrading their facilities, as well as from state-of-the-art technology transfers, from major OEMs/Primes like:

- Embraer Brazil

- De Havilland (now Viking Air) Canada

- Pratt & Whitney Canada

- CATIC China

- Norinco Group China

- Dassault France

-
Snecma France

- Aerospatiale (now part of Airbus Group) France

- Thales

- Airbus Group

- ThyssenKrupp Germany

- Mercedes Germany

- Romarm Romania

-
Aerostar Romania

- British Aerospace (now BAE SYSTEMS) UK

- Rolls-Royce UK

- General Electric (GE) USA

- Lockheed Martin USA

* There are also licensing or JV deals with Russia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Belarus, Belgium, Finland and Spain..

** With the most likely potential ones being Japan and South Korea..

With a view to the future, it seems only logical for Egypt to aim to benefit much in the same way from other such collaborations and procurements, focusing more on the expansion of its arms production capabilities and portfolio, through medium or large scale industrial projects, to build related advanced defence products, under license or via local joint ventures..

Last edited:
Since the establishment of the indigenous Military Industry, Egypt seems to have profited on several occasions from the country’s collaboration with other countries in the related domain, with local companies mostly benefiting in terms of expanding/upgrading their facilities, as well as from state-of-the-art technology transfers, from major OEMs/Primes like:

- Embraer Brazil

- De Havilland (now Viking Air) Canada

- Pratt & Whitney Canada

- CATIC China

- Norinco Group China

- Dassault France

-
Snecma France

- Aerospatiale (now part of Airbus Group) France

- Thales

- Airbus Group

- ThyssenKrupp Germany

- Mercedes Germany

- Romarm Romania

-
Aerostar Romania

- British Aerospace (now BAE SYSTEMS) UK

- Rolls-Royce UK

- General Electric (GE) USA

- Lockheed Martin USA

* There are also licensing or JV deals with Russia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Belarus, Belgium, Finland and Spain..

** With the most likely potential ones being Japan and South Korea..

With a view to the future, it seems only logical for Egypt to aim to benefit much in the same way from other such collaborations and procurements, focusing more on the expansion of its arms production capabilities and portfolio, through medium or large scale industrial projects, to build related advanced defence products, under license or via local joint ventures..
Bulgaria?!

Arab international optronics at IDEX 2021

New products include Remote weapon station, handheld thermals, and vehicle thermals

1624584658536.png

@Wilhelm II @The SC @Gomig-21 @ARCH٤R
This is very interesting, D69 thermal used on vehicles and maybe will be used in a tank destroyer? There is an anti tank missile next to it in a picture which is very interesting.

It was pictured on an armored vehicle chassis maybe BMP-1?

1624584673110.png

1624584682533.png

1624584757252.png

1624585002330.png

Last edited:
I think I remember seeing that. I wish they would put out a video of it being tested so that much more is known about it. but they don't practice that kinda thing.
Yeah, we should see the full video of testing at EDEX 2021, but this was at IDEX 2021.

But this is very important to Egyptian capabilities and shows they can independently produce thermal optics for their vehicles.

You mean like these

ST-C1020-1000.gif

Sainsel%20Vega%20Front%20New.png
No, it is more like Thales Catherine used in T-72 and T-90. Basically it is going to be used for looking for and engaging the targets with ATGMs I assume. We will see more details in EDEX, but I hope it will replace the obsolete systems in service like M901 ITV.

1624594337343.png

1624594032146.png

1624594138713.png

1624594169668.png

The system on the far right is the D69 it looks similar to the Catherine imagers pictured above but larger

1624594367749.png

It ideally should be as good as the Catherine imager used in the T-72s and T-90s but that is yet to be seen.

For reference

Last edited:
No, it is more like Thales Catherine used in T-72 and T-90. Basically it is going to be used for looking for and engaging the targets with ATGMs I assume. We will see more details in EDEX, but I hope it will replace the obsolete systems in service like M901 ITV.

View attachment 756159

View attachment 756156

View attachment 756157

View attachment 756158

The system on the far right is the D69 it looks similar to the Catherine imagers pictured above but larger

View attachment 756160

It ideally should be as good as the Catherine imager used in the T-72s and T-90s but that is yet to be seen.

For reference

Check post # 42 edited

Back
Top Bottom