What's new

Due to dharnas, 4 submarines, 2 jf-17 squardon and more purchases are on hold

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

ISLAMABAD:
There is not a shred of doubt that the recent developments in Islamabad have affected the country’s economic progress, causing direct and indirect, measurable and immeasurable losses.

The sit-ins, organised by Imran Khan’s PTI and Tahirul Qadri-led PAT, have forced the cancellation of a visit by Sri Lankan president before casting doubt on the planned arrival of the Chinese head of state.

The nature of the Chinese president’s visit is as high-profile as it gets and the slightest of reshuffling in plans would strengthen hands of those international forces that do not want to see close ties between Pakistan and China. Furthermore, Chinese president is set to visit India, which could be interpreted as further isolation for Pakistan.

During the visit, the Chinese head of state was expected to sign several defence and economic pacts.

014.jpg

Pakistan has been negotiating a deal to acquire four submarines besides purchasing two squadrons of JF-17 Thunder multi-role aircraft, which is the joint production of Pakistan and China. Additionally, agreements were expected to be signed for 14 power sector projects that would have the potential to generate 10,400 megawatts of electricity with active Chinese assistance.

At a time of a severe power crisis, the deals are priceless.

“The international image of Pakistan has considerably been shattered,” the federal government responded in the Supreme Court of Pakistan. The fallout has also shattered confidence of investors, it added.

The government has so far estimated overall losses to the economy at Rs547 billion. Out of the total, Rs228 billion have been estimated on account of 4.3% depreciation in the value of Pakistani rupee against the US dollar. Another Rs319 billion was estimated due to decline witnessed in the stock market. However, the Karachi Stock Exchange has now entered the recovery mode on the back of reports suggesting that the contesting parties have agreed to resolve the issue through dialogue.

The government has also claimed that political uncertainty has also adversely affected financial markets and foreign currency reserves have declined to $13.52 billion from the $13.926 billion in the week that ended on August 15.

It comes as no surprise that protesters have rendered the government machinery dysfunctional. The Pak-Secretariat – the seat of civilian bureaucracy – remained almost closed for about two weeks. Important matters remain unattended and barring emergency nature no other files are being entertained.

Since August 16, less than half of the Federal Board of Revenue’s workforce has been able to attend office that is also located at the Constitution Avenue. However, it would not affect revenue collection as the work in field formations is going on smoothly.

The additional cost of security has been estimated at Rs357.6 million. An amount of Rs226.8 million has already been released, while ministry of interior has requested Rs130.6 million additional funds as of August 29.

The damage to public property has been estimated at Rs5 million by the Capital Development Authority. The equipment of state-owned Pakistan Television was also damaged while protestors burnt a police vehicle besides damaging 17 others. So far, 717 persons have been injured including 202 police personnel and three (not 7) protesters also lost their lives, according to official estimates.

The Trader Association of Islamabad has claimed Rs10 billion losses – a figure that seems highly exaggerated. However, the government machinery has come to a standstill.

Schools have remained shut with children losing valuable learning time. Police forces from Punjab and AJK have been temporarily using the schools’ premises.

The fear is that the government will try to hide behind the political turmoil to hide its inefficiency on the economic front. The government has set ambitious economic targets for the current financial year and many of these cannot be achieved.

However, protestors seem to have given an excuse to the government.

International financial institutions that were somehow ready to deal with the government have, for the time being, taken a back seat and are waiting for a resolution of the dispute.
e.
<script id="infogram_0_how-do-you-think-the-situation-in-islamabad-would-impact-pakistans-economic-progress" src="//e.infogr.am/js/embed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

----

Ok let's say express is owned by noora. Tell me, how much the 357 million rps spent on security could've helped IDPs and flood victims instead?

Please don't say they didn't use entire 357 million and it's another lie. The 20000 police and rangers aren't working for free.

Last edited:
The fear is that the government will try to hide behind the political turmoil to hide its inefficiency on the economic front. The government has set ambitious economic targets for the current financial year and many of these cannot be achieved.

However, protestors seem to have given an excuse to the government.

International financial institutions that were somehow ready to deal with the government have, for the time being, taken a back seat and are waiting for a resolution of the dispute.
This^^

All this money you talk about would go to waste or Nawaz's swiss bank accounts anyways. Now PMLN got a scapegoat to blame, the dharnas. Floods? Imran Khan's dharna. Toilet blocked? Imran Khan's dharna. Nawaz has to eat 69 dishes instead of 70? PTI's dharna.

All this money you talk about would go to waste or Nawaz's swiss bank accounts anyways. Now PMLN got a scapegoat to blame, the dharnas. Floods? Imran Khan's dharna. Toilet blocked? Imran Khan's dharna. Nawaz has to eat 69 dishes instead of 70? PTI's dharna.
I know right? PA didn't acquire any submarine or jet in last year. The used F-16s we got from Jordan were fake, made out of wood. Display model if you may say. Hell, they didn't acquire anything in 6 years. First zardari stole $30 billion dollar (Pakistan yearly avg budget) every year or $180 billion in 5 years. Afterall, either these leaders waste money or take it to swiss account.

I know right? PA didn't acquire any submarine or jet in last year. The used F-16s we got from Jordan were fake, made out of wood. Display model if you may say. Hell, they didn't acquire anything in 6 years. First zardari stole $30 billion dollar every year or $180 billion in 5 years. Afterall, either these leaders waste money or take it to swiss account.

30 billion$ per year??
are u serious dude:o:

30 billion$ per year??
I explained his post in sarcastic way, as that's what these people really think. Did you read what he said? It means that screw all deals, all money is going to get wasted or go to swiss account. So we don't care china president comes or not, Imran must become PM.

This^^

Oh yes, ignore everything in article and quote what suits your agenda.

You know what, didn't you say in other thread that Imran would've had biggest dharna but due to containers not many came? Oh yes, I think you did. Blame containers for failed dharna. Don't make containers scapegoat ok?

Last edited:
This^^

Even there was meeting between Pakistan finance minister (ishaq dar) and swiss bank to recover the money. (Like India will have one). This meetibg was scheduled in Aug got scarped due to imran khan's dharna. Srilanka PM visit cancelled due to imran khan.

After june, moodys moved Pakistan from negative to positive, now they are again saying Pakistan might go into negative due to dharna.

So yes, whats now is happenning is because of Imran Khan.

I explained his post in sarcastic way, as that's what these people really think. Did you read what he said? It means that screw all deals, all money is going to get wasted or go to swiss account. So we don't care china president comes or not, Imran must become PM.

Yes, I got your 'sarcasm'. Really, Imran Khan and his supporters have not hidden their desire to hurt the govt even if it would hurt the state of Pakistan itself: From the exhortation to not pay taxes to sending money via Hundi to boycotting state banks to wishing failure of investment from IMF/UAE these people have been trying hard to be 'heard'.

Their desperation reminds me of Nusrat Bhuttos call to the West to impose sanctions on Pakistan when Benazir Bhutto govt was sacked in 1990.

Some 'Naya Pakistan' in making indeed!

This^^

Are you serious? The country got screwed by a few thousand for hundreds of billions and you are just too busy making political points without any reason? Do you know for sure ALL this money lost due to IK and Mullah's protest was REALLY going to NS's bank accounts?
Do you have any proofs for this (not that Ik or others produced any proofs for anything else). Lie has limits. This here is pure abuse of a country's entire system.

Shameful at the least. Only in Pakistan, people put their personal political interests WAY above their nation and country's interest and blame everything on others

30 billion$ per year??
Actually 150 billion dollar over 5 years. 30*5

Yes, I got your 'sarcasm'. Really, Imran Khan and his supporters have not hidden their desire to hurt the govt even if it would hurt the state of Pakistan itself: From the exhortation to not pay taxes to sending money via Hundi to boycotting state banks to wishing failure of investment from IMF/UAE these people have been trying hard to be 'heard'.

Their desperation reminds me of Nusrat Bhuttos call to the West to impose sanctions on Pakistan when Benazir Bhutto govt was sacked in 1990.

Some 'Naya Pakistan' in making indeed!
Yes, it's harming our navy and air force as well now. Hope they also add in some way their frustration about Imran.

Yes, I got your 'sarcasm'. Really, Imran Khan and his supporters have not hidden their desire to hurt the govt even if it would hurt the state of Pakistan itself:

I have NEVER witnessed people putting their own personal interests above their country's and screwing the entire nation like its their enemy. Very sad indeed.

I know right? PA didn't acquire any submarine or jet in last year. The used F-16s we got from Jordan were fake, made out of wood. Display model if you may say. Hell, they didn't acquire anything in 6 years. First zardari stole $30 billion dollar (Pakistan yearly avg budget) every year or $180 billion in 5 years. Afterall, either these leaders waste money or take it to swiss account.

All the F-16s and military hardware Pakistan bought were not from Nawaz Sharif. Isn't it good that they could buy them? I mean seriously, you are using this as an argument? I never said ALL OF PAKISTAN's F**KING BUDGET goes into corruption but a big portion of it does, which is a lot bigger than whatever losses IK's protests have caused.

Imran must become PM.
No, Imran Khan should not be PM. No one is protesting for that. No one wants that.
What we want is that Nawaz Sharif shouldn't be allowed to rig elections, prevent investigations, murder 14 people, do endless corruption and still remain in power.

Oh yes, ignore everything in article and quote what suits your agenda.
After acknowledging all the other points, your article made the point which I wanted to make. That's why I quoted it.

Did you read what he said? It means that screw all deals, all money is going to get wasted or go to swiss account. So we don't care china president comes or not, Imran must become PM.
No, it means that Nawaz's corruption has done more damage than IK can ever do, even if he wanted to. I said "all this money you talk about" not "Pakistan's whole budget". Chinese president's visit was never finalized, there are already 4 threads on this, stop milking the chinese president argument already.

You know what, didn't you say in other thread that Imran would've had biggest dharna but due to containers not many came? Oh yes, I think you did. Blame containers for failed dharna. Don't make containers scapegoat ok?
Firstly, no, I didn't say he would have had the "biggest dharna", I said his followers may have decreased due to the containers filled with sand which WERE SPECIFICALLY PUT THERE TO BLOCK THEM.

The way you twist words man, you should work for Israel's propaganda department.

Are you serious? The country got screwed by a few thousand for hundreds of billions and you are just too busy making political points without any reason? Do you know for sure ALL this money lost due to IK and Mullah's protest was REALLY going to NS's bank accounts?

Yes, this bogus and shameful argument is being repeated on this forum: Every bit of the loss to the economy would go to some Swiss account etc. That's a lie of the highest order. The govt claims Rs. 547 billion in loss but even if it were Rs. 54 billion and even if Rs. 5.4 billion had made to teachers/police etc salaries then that would be still a positive contribution to the country's economy.

PS. On top of that, that deluded thug Imran Khan is claiming that even the Chinese President cancelled his visit because of the impending fall of the govt./the govt was not legit. Was that statement of blatant lies necessary?! Hello PTI supporters: What more proof do you need that your Fuhrer is an idiot?!

Do you have any proofs for this
(not that Ik or others produced any proofs for anything else). Lie has limits. This here is pure abuse of a country's entire system.

Shameful at the least. Only in Pakistan, people put their personal political interests WAY above their nation and country's interest and blame everything on others

without any reason
Seriously, "without any reason"? What kind of reason am I supposed to have except that this is a forum and the discussion's topic is this?

No but I know for sure that Nawaz Sharif's corruption has caused more damage than any protest ever could.
There's plenty of proof everywhere, BBC even made a documentary about Nawaz and his corruption (Titled "From Pakistan to Park Lane"). You won't believe any of the proof or arguments I present anyways, I'm not going to waste my time.

Please enlighten me about Imran Khan's "personal political interests" other than wanting an investigation of a rigged election to prevent the next election being rigged. (No, he doesn't want to be PM). And its not "only in Pakistan", look in your own back yard for once and you'll see how much people care about their countries.

PS. On top of that, that deluded thug Imran Khan is claiming that even the Chinese President cancelled his visit because of the impending fall of the govt./the govt was not legit. Was that statement of blatant lies necessary?! Hello PTI supporters: What more proof do you need that your Fuhrer is an idiot?!

Imran Khan never claimed that. He said that the Chinese President hadn't officially confirmed any visit and so it was not being cancelled, which is correct as per China's embassy:
Q: Media reports said that China has cancelled President Xi Jinping's visit to Pakistan out of security concerns. Can you confirm that?

A: China and Pakistan are friendly neighbors enjoying all-weather friendship and comprehensive cooperation. We have maintained close high-level exchanges. Both sides are in close communication on the next step of such exchanges. It is worth pointing out that we have never released any information about President Xi's visit to Pakistan officially. So, there is no basis to say we are about to cancel anything.

As for the current security situation in Pakistan, we hope relevant parties in Pakistan can work together while bearing in mind the fundamental interests of the state and the people, and jointly safeguard national security.
Source: Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Qin Gang's Regular Press Conference on September 5, 2014

All the F-16s and military hardware Pakistan bought were not from Nawaz Sharif. Isn't it good that they could buy them? I mean seriously, you are using this as an argument? I never said ALL OF PAKISTAN's F**KING BUDGET goes into corruption but a big portion of it does, which is a lot bigger than whatever losses IK's protests have caused.

No, Imran Khan should not be PM. No one is protesting for that. No one wants that.
What we want is that Nawaz Sharif shouldn't be allowed to rig elections, prevent investigations, murder 14 people, do endless corruption and still remain in power.

After acknowledging all the other points, your article made the point which I wanted to make. That's why I quoted it.

No, it means that Nawaz's corruption has done more damage than IK can ever do, even if he wanted to. I said "all this money you talk about" not "Pakistan's whole budget". Chinese president's visit was never finalized, there are already 4 threads on this, stop milking the chinese president argument already.

Firstly, no, I didn't say he would have had the "biggest dharna", I said his followers may have decreased due to the containers filled with sand which WERE SPECIFICALLY PUT THERE TO BLOCK THEM.

The way you twist words man, you should work for Israel's propaganda department.
No need to swear. You said all the money i talk about.. well all that money is from Pakistan budget. Or is India Pakistan budget shared?

Ok let's say I'm wrong and Nawaz send me 50 million dollar cheque and i'm anti pti now. You said the loss pti gave to state is much smaller than what nawaz steal. So if the loss is 5.5 billion dollar, i suppose much bigger would be $15 billion? Ok fine, $11 billion (double). That means, nawaz stole 1/3 of Pakistaj budget from last year OMG THEIF THEIF THEIF PAKROOO.

So who's gonna become PM of Pakistan when PPP and PMLn won't be allowed? Surely Imran.

If you acknowledge the points in article, you wouldn't have said the loss is not due to Imran. I mean That was thesis of that article.

Chinese president wasn't "officially" finalized, but it was due for mid september. Have you read what chinese embassy said? Of wait, that is owned/influenced by Nawaz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom