What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

First of all we have to master the sub tecnology (we are at a good point by developing Agosta with the help of France) but in the future war scenario we definitely need nuclear subs!

we must start the nuclear sub project now days and maybe after a couple of years we should be at a good point...obviously we will need help from; China or west at the start

Again the cost is an issue, for one nuclear sub you can get more numbers of U 214 for example, another issue is who would sell you one? I would say only China and even that with some doubts, because they might only have a few of them (not much known about the actual number). More realistic would be to develop it by your own like India is doing it now, but it takes some time of course.

Not really while getting more U-subs will only add to defensive capabilities of PN, a nuclear sub on the other hand will give us a strategic defence capability not to mention a nuclear triad. Both the capabilities cannot be compared.

getting a Nuke Sub! a simple answer would be BIG NO!
do you really think that US,France or Germany would give us their silent Knights? think practically dude, what is on offer for PN are basically export versions of subs.French no longer use agosta; and german U-214 is reportedly inferior to their locally used U-212 which is derived from U-214 but is far more capable.India on the other hand had an opertunity for NukeSub but russians ment money and a lot of it which india couldnt afford.only hope for pakistan is the when China can fully evolve its home grown Nuke sub type 093 or 094 and then eventually offer them to Pakistan which seems highly unlikly :undecided:

No one is asking the subs from the above mentioned countries. The only country we can get one and that too would be on lease as nuclear subs sales are prohibited will be China and we certainly can come to a mutual understanding about developing one with Chinese expertise in Pakistan, something we do with all our projects. Also like i mentioned above you cannot compare a U-214 with a nuclear sub, while one only addes to our defensive capabilities, other will give us a strategic capability. Dont compare apples with oranges.

The short answer is yes the navy does need one for force projection. Perhaps something like the current HMS Illustrious or the Nave can start manufacturing its own small carrier say for a sqaudran of fighters and helicopters.

i think we dont need it!!................ instead of aircraft carrier if we only buy some more advance frigates, destroyers, minehunters & submarines, they will be less expensive & will provide better defence capabilities..... then aircraft carreir will, as it needs lots of maintanence & it also needs a whole fleet including submarine to defend it from any air or surface attacks.....

i think we dont need it!!................ instead of aircraft carrier if we only buy some more advance frigates, destroyers, minehunters & submarines, they will be less expensive & will provide better defence capabilities..... then aircraft carreir will, as it needs lots of maintanence & it also needs a whole fleet including submarine to defend it from any air or surface attacks.....

Agreed with you aadhar but boss no offence you said WE ? are you pakistani or indian? :what: anyhow doesn't matter cheers mate :cheers:

Agreed with you aadhar but boss no offence you said WE ? are you pakistani or indian? :what: anyhow doesn't matter cheers mate :cheers:

:lol::lol:I was about to say that.
PN doesn't need a Carrier we don't have enough space to move around god forbid we go to war with India or any other country, All we need is good Subs, Frigates which will be used for POS missions and ASW.

Hmm... who's ' we" ?

I think the poor chap was trying to say you instead of we.;)

Having an Aircraft carrier is a big advantage but its too costly!

We do'nt need aircraft carrier but we are in need of destroyers and submarines in large numbers.

no we do not need them! i saw some post claiming that they are usefull but we cannot buy them! i have to disagree! they might be very usefull but not for a country like our! we do not have a HUGE coast line and our coast line is almost a straight border, our planes have good access to sea when they fly from karachi or some other bases situated near the shor. most important of all we do not have the intention of any offense against any far away nation and is god forbade there is a war, it is most likely to be with indian and all there country is well within reach of our missiles and planes flying from land bases do we DO NOT NEED A CARRIER by any means!

regards!

to add on i will say that instead of even thinking about an air craft carrier we must go for good subs, we need atleast 10 of them and pakistan is way short of this number! also some 12 frigates joined by missile boats, planes from land bases and ASW choppers will turn our navy into a leathal force!

regards!

Let me add this the fan boys are talking about buying an ACC which is so no needed by Pakistan but here is my question whom r u going to buy it from.
French-No
Brits-no
USA-They will never sell
Russia-they wont(even if they did want to indians would oppose it)
China-they dont have 1 for themselves let alone build 1 and sell to you
Brazil-they got 1 so no selling there also
India- The old 1 we operate now we would like to sell and make cash out of it but not to you guys
So even if you could cobble up the cash and support systems no 1 will sell
Aircraft on the carrier well the harrier is a possibility but too old
F-35, Rafael sea typhoon,mig29 wont be sold
F18 will be too large even if you bought a carrier
so this thread is a waste of time.

Hi,
I know what i am about to say might strike weird to some people but i don't get it when we cant cant afford to buy some equipment then why don't we shed this traditional approach as well instead of going with some thing which is far inferior to the potential threat, i mean if Pakistan cannot have 5 th generation fighter jets then why not try to make air defenses fools proof and that is not a bigger deal given the way Pakistan has developed some good long range ballistic missiles, so if we cannot afford to have an AC or advanced submarines, frigates, destroyers then why not adopt a strategy which would ensure some strong defense i mean why can't Pakistan try to procure DF-21 Anti Ship Ballistic Missile from China which has a range of 3000 Km i bet even the American carriers would think twice before venturing into Pakistan's territorial waters if Pakistan has any such capability, so what im trying to say here he is that if India goes for some thing why is it a pre-requisite for us to do the same why cant we go towards some innovative strategies :hitwall:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom