What's new

Desperate US wants to be part of India’s first manned space mission

Can be doing in longer, but clearly NASA is way ahead then Russia or anyone else for that matter.

Bro it has rovers in mars..

mars-rover-2.jpg

It would be nuts not to work with America. What India is going know it has do in the early 60s..

Pls reply to my questions first.

You don't need to compare US with Russia or India, I know them and where they stand.

Don't let emotions blind you. Even if it isn't desi, it will be from there on in wouldn't it? At the end of the day India will leap frog at least a decade of research and development so how does it matter?

nobody is blinding me mate!!all i said was major chunk of tech should be indigenious thats all... Just like in chandryaan 1 ,US piggyback in Indian space vehicle with indian gadzets too.... Btw ma earlier post was balanced one ,nothing hyped or aggrevated stuff..

Pakistan has.. When the Soviets was getting close they seek to be important to USA. And USA used them like in Soviet era and know with Afghanistan.

(I'd edit that post if I were you)

We're digressing, but consider Pakistan's options at the time. The last thing they needed was India on one side and the Soviet Union on the other. America didn't want the Soviets to succeed, Pakistan couldn't afford it and thus a strategic partnership was born. If anything, Pakistan needed America a hell of a lot more than they needed them. Of course, the Pakistanis made the mistake of propagating violent extremism throughout their country for reasons that we all understand, but that's another story. At the end of the day though, American assistance saved Pakistan. If they think we're creating trouble in Afghanistan now, think about what we would've done if the Soviet's were in control.

nobody is blinding me mate!!all i said was major chunk of tech should be indigenious thats all... Just like in chandryaan 1 ,US piggyback in Indian space vehicle with indian gadzets too.... Btw ma earlier post was balanced one ,nothing hyped or aggrevated stuff..

Sorry, perhaps that didn't come across right. All I was saying was that it doesn't matter where the bulk of the tech. comes from as long as India gets a hold of it at the end of the day.

Can be doing in longer, but clearly NASA is way ahead of Russia or anyone else for that matter.

Bro it has rovers in mars..

mars-rover-2.jpg

Pan_segment1.gif

It would be nuts not to work with America. What India is going know it has do in the early 60s..

yea! I see that and i saw that before even they were piggy back in PSLV and It was ISRO instrument who found water not theirs but they still pated themselves in front of media and after 3years they said " Oh!ya it was ISRO instrument who found the water "but the question is does anyone care about now ?? :disagree:

Russia doing that earlier than USA. BTW that 'help/guide' doesn't mean 'buck off' of India for those they should 'rush'!!! So how they gonna make bucks? Why they are eager to 'guide/help' though it doesn't bring much bucks?

From what I understand, you're wondering why they're so eager to cooperate with ISRO. Well, budget constraints have grounded all their plans for at least the next decade if I'm not mistaken. If anything they'd like to use this opportunity to come along for the ride and make the most of it (like India's first moon mission) while providing ISRO with time tested technology and expertise. Not sure about the financial aspect of it all, but I doubt its anything malicious so there's no reason to sound so concerned.

In the field of space and nuclear technology india can greatly benefit from US collaboration. however we need to continue our efforts to improve our space tech.

the nations become truly become strong only on the basis of indegenous technology and not on basis of imports.

Post no 26. here

And pls no need to post images of Mars mission or Hubble telescope or Neil Armstrong etc etc we know them. I am not talking about those.

Idk, so you tell me(or anyone else) why USA would need India more then the other way around?

Will the joint venture be used to launch American astronauts as well? For all we know all manned American launches are gonna be grounded for a decade or so before the next carrier craft is inducted.

Most plausible reason why NASA is interested in ISRO manned mission. If they are contemplating such scenario, they would like to be part of ISROs plan from the beginning.

@Indians

Stop over selling ourselves to the world. Just because US offered support doesn't mean anything. And stop downplaying US. Remember US is still the sole super power and would be for at least the next 2 decades.

We are not in the same league as US, not even China. US sees India as strategically important to them vis a vis China. They wants us and other of its strategic allies to form a hedge against China. Hence the offers. Nothing less nothing more.

So we need to come back from high dreams and see the reality. We are still not there yet. Lets not compare ourselves with US and make a fool of ourselves.

PS. Even with the current budget NASA has ten times more money than tiny ISRO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom