What's new

Dasu Hydropower Project (DHP), .... 4,320 MW

Updated photographs of Diversion Tunnels Dasu_Hydropower Project

The project is expected to start electricity generation in the second half of 2024, while all six units of the Stage-I, with cumulative generation capacity of 2160MW, will be completed by early 2025.

Dasu Hydropower Project is being constructed on the River Indus upstream of Dasu town. WAPDA is implementing the project in two stages – each stage having a generation capacity of 2160MW.

On completion, Stage-I of the project will contribute more than 12 billion units of electricity per annum to the National Grid. The Stage-II, after its completion, will also provide another 9 billion units to the system every year.

1600347348740.png

Updated photographs of Diversion_Tunnels -Dasu_Hydropower_Project

The project is expected to start electricity generation in the second half of 2024, while all six units of the Stage-I, with cumulative generation capacity of 2160MW, will be completed by early 2025.
Dasu Hydropower Project is being constructed on the River Indus upstream of Dasu town. WAPDA is implementing the project in two stages – each stage having a generation capacity of 2160MW. On completion, Stage-I of the project will contribute more than 12 billion units of electricity per annum to the National Grid. The Stage-II, after its completion, will also provide another 9 billion units to the system every year.

1600526166934.png

Thank you Imran Khan. A leader thinks about the nation's future and not about the next elections.

All these dams started by IK will end after the 2023 elections. It didn't bother him that he may or may not be in power when they are completed. Atleast nation would benefit.

Wish we had more leaders like him.

On September 23, the top heading of the diversion tunnel A at DASU Hydropower Project was successfully breakthrough. This is another important milestone in the construction of the project after the diversion tunnel no. B was completed.

Two diversion tunnels with extra-large cross-sections has been designed. The D-shaped tunnels have 24.4 m width and 27.2 m height, and the total length is 2,765 meters.

1601060806228.png

1601060828147.png

Kohistan, Commissioner Hazara Division Abbottabad Riaz Mehsud visited the Dasu Dam site where General Manager Dasu Dam Project Kohistan gave a detailed briefing to the Commissioner about the ongoing construction work on the dam. On this occasion, Deputy Commissioner Kohistan Arif Khan Yousafzai, Deputy Commissioner Kohistan Lower Khalid Khan Sahib, Deputy Commissioner Kolai Palas Kohistan Shahjahan Sahib District Police Officer Kohistan Arif Javed Sahib, Adviser to Authority Colonel (R) Abdul Ghaffar, High officials of Chinese companies were also present. Later, Commissioner visited all the tunnels and Also reviewed the construction work there.

1601673522199.png

Two Diversion Tunnels named as Diversion Tunnel A (L=1.5 KM) & Diversion Tunnel B (L=1.3 KM), as shown in the pictures, are being constructed at 4320 MW #Dasu Hydropower Project by using Drill & Blast method in 4 lifts (layers) of different heights.

Excavation section of the diversion tunnel is adopted a “D” section. The dimensions of excavation section are 24.6m×27.3m at inlets & outlets while 20.4m×24.2m in main underground Tunnels. To avoid flood during flood season and safe construction, gravity concrete dyke in diversion tunnel inlet and outlet was constructed.

The main underground excavation of the tunnel is divided into four layers. The excavation height of the layer I is 8.2m, the height of the layer II is 5m, and the excavation height of the layer III is 8.0m, the height of the layer IV is 3.0m.

Credits: Engr. Tufail

1602526051352.png

1602526077540.png

1602537038237.png

Under Construction Right Access Road (RAR) to Dasu Dam Weir. The total length of the section is 12 Km and the main contractor's are China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) and China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC).

1602537151732.png

1602537262727.png

Realignment of #KKH under #Dasu_Hydropower_Project.
The concrete lining works are in progress.

#Tunnel #DasuHPP #WAPDA #CRCC #DHC #Pakistan #CheapEnergy #TunnelLining

FB_IMG_1603453870655.jpg
FB_IMG_1603453866860.jpg
FB_IMG_1603453863269.jpg
FB_IMG_1603453859787.jpg

Thank you Imran Khan. A leader thinks about the nation's future and not about the next elections.

All these dams started by IK will end after the 2023 elections. It didn't bother him that he may or may not be in power when they are completed. Atleast nation would benefit.

Wish we had more leaders like him.
i think this stupidity should be end this is cheap mentality bro . nations did nto think about elections or credit BS . our politicians need some open minds . imran khan did it i hope everyone think of it in future too . how cheap these politicians are they shut down projects of previous govt because they can not take credit . its like very very cheap mentality .

Back
Top Bottom