What's new

Congrats: Zero Auto Sales for Monoply of Corolla, Suzuki & Honda in Pakistan

It's not that...
...the car mafias in Pakistan offer up cars that are more expensive(comparatively) and inferior. U can compare similar cars sold in India(of the same brand) and the prices(adjusted for currency differences)...and u will see why there is hate towards these car mafias.
What is the reason?

Import duty on parts that are assembled to make a car? Or luxury tax from different levels of the gov?

Manufacturers will not make car expensive for the heck of it. Otherwise, cheaper alternatives will simply rollout from China and capture the market easily.

I was socked and then realized it's bit late to see it!

Covid-19 vanished many small to medium businesses. Even then Pakistan was in safe zone as compared. Alhamdulillah!!!

Looks like Honda City 2021 failed massively, never lived up the hype, low build quality and very expensive car, similarly Toyota Corolla sales has drastically gone down after Kia, Alswin, Hyundai, Havel SUV and Car revolution in Pakistan.

its a generation earlier than the one in the market even looks ugly and misfit even the same model importing from Japan looks better, they cannot lose this habit of exploiting Pakistan market, these three companies.
even toyota launched earlier model yaris, so they work together, new auto policy need strict rules by not allowing any brand to launch previous model. previous auto policy was good but it need a lot of changes in it to stop these looters looting public.

Chinese trash will take over as this keeps going. They need to move away from CKDs and make these cars at home to reduce cost.

Chinese trash will take over as this keeps going. They need to move away from CKDs and make these cars at home to reduce cost.
kia and hyundai arent "chinese trash". besides changan is a good offering. its the big three that are the new trash.
the only car coming to my auqaat was Alto, i was thinking of getting it and gathering funds, the price of that car in 6 months went from 11 lakh to 16lakh, now i can't think of buying it as my income or purchasing power has not gone up with the same proportions neither getting any relief from government so these guys can blame themselves for this.
invest your money elsewhere. or start a small business, if you can take out the time. spending 16lacs for trash like alto is a crime in itself.

Last edited:
What is the most popular car in Pakistan? Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Kia are typically very popular in developing countries. If not for them, then what do Pakistanis prefer?

Right now Suzuki is most popular, then Kia has taken place, Toyota and Honda with most expensive prices are loosing out quick.

Frankly, Kia, Hyundai, Changan, Proton, Nissan and Havel are all brilliant cars to buy. But they all need to be cheaper!

Right now Suzuki is most popular, then Kia has taken place, Toyota and Honda with most expensive prices are loosing out quick.

Frankly, Kia, Hyundai, Changan, Proton, Nissan and Havel are all brilliant cars to buy. But they all need to be cheaper!
Suzuki in India as well. They seem to dominate the whole of South Asia!

New Auction and Bid trend in Pakistan for Old cars in Pakistan as everybody stopped buying New Cars :

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom