What's new

Chinese Espionage Plot

Do you think that China has stolen some secrets from USA in past?

• Total voters
A

A.Rahman

Bail Denied for Couple Allegedly Involved in Chinese Espionage Plot
By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE, LOS ANGELES

A U.S. judge has ordered a Hong Kong couple held without bail over an alleged plot to steal secret U.S. Navy propulsion technology and smuggle it to China, officials told Agence France-Presse Nov. 8.

Former television director Mak Tai-wing and his wife, Li Fuk-heung, were ordered remanded in custody without bond when they appeared in court in Los Angeles on Nov. 7, said Thom Mrozek, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney.

The pair were arrested at Los Angeles International Airport on Oct. 28 as they boarded a Cathay Pacific Airways flight to Hong Kong and an encrypted computer disc was found in their baggage, prosecutors told the court.

U.S. officials were in the process of decrypting the discs Nov. 8, sources told Agence France-Presse.

Mak’s brother Mak Chi, who was an engineer with a U.S. military contractor and had access to highly sensitive data, as well as his wife, Rebecca Chiu Lai-wah, were arrested at their home near Los Angeles on the same evening, according to a criminal complaint obtained by Agence France-Presse.

Chi, a Chinese-born naturalized U.S. citizen who worked for a defense contractor called Power Paragon, is accused of copying secret data on U.S. Navy technology being developed to power warships called Quiet Electronic Drive (QED) and passing it onto his brother Tai.

“QED is an extremely sensitive project,” Federal Bureau of Investigation agent James Gaylord said in an affidavit contained in a criminal complaint against the four ethnic Chinese suspects.

“The technology developed by the QED program is considered by the Navy to be significant military equipment and therefore killed for export to countries specifically denied by the U.S. State Department, including the PRC (China),” wrote Gaylord, who specialized in counter-intelligence involving China.

The FBI also alleges Chi was planning to smuggle other secrets to China and that they found in his home shredded documents printed in Chinese, one of which instructed Chi to gain information on a number of military technologies, including space-based military systems.

If convicted, each of the four could face prison terms of up to 10 years plus fines.

Chi was ordered held without bail on Oct. 31 and is due to appear in court again on Nov. 10. Bail for his wife, Rebecca, also a naturalized U.S. citizen, was set at $300,000 when she appeared in court on Nov. 4.

A preliminary hearing in the case in scheduled for Nov. 15, prosecutors said.

According to the FBI affidavit, Mak, a permanent U.S. resident, is the broadcast and engineering director for Phoenix North American Chinese Channel, which broadcasts programs in the United States. Phoenix television is headquartered in Hong Kong.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?F=1231946&C=america

Just like they did from Germany,... remember some Indian stole B-2 secrets like a month ago? :LOLANI:

There was this chinese scientict who was working with some very secert project. I think it was anti-grivity or something. Any who for some reason that scientist gave all the reasearch to china. I think this happened a decade to 2 before.
:BVICTORY: :ChinaFlag:

Besides the chinese might have a spy sattelite spying at area 51 as we read :D . Cause the ruissians did this. But somehow the american found out and then they tracked the cousr of ruissian satellite. They concluded that that ruissian sattellite spies on area 51 every 3rd day. So after every 3rd day. There are absolute no activites in area51. :evil:

What is area51? please explain.

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 11 2005, 01:56 AM
There was this chinese scientict who was working with some very secert project. I think it was anti-grivity or something. Any who for some reason that scientist gave all the reasearch to china. I think this happened a decade to 2 before.
:BVICTORY: :ChinaFlag:

Besides the chinese might have a spy sattelite spying at area 51 as we read :D . Cause the ruissians did this. But somehow the american found out and then they tracked the cousr of ruissian satellite. They concluded that that ruissian sattellite spies on area 51 every 3rd day. So after every 3rd day. There are absolute no activites in area51. :evil:
[post=2654]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by A.Rahman+Nov 12 2005, 02:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A.Rahman &#064; Nov 12 2005, 02:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Its some secret military base
[post=2785]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Not enough information.

<!--QuoteBegin-Awais
@Nov 12 2005, 06:15 PM
Area 51 pics.One of the most secertive bases in the world
[post=2807]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

<div class='bbimg'>
5dc7d621ee316842313ec699252b40a2.jpg
</div>

If its a secret base why is it coming up in the google? Any articles regarding this base, information, stories?

Thanks.
Regards,
Ahsan

I think its OK for China to steal secrets from USA, I mean US also stole V2 rocket secrets from Germany.

Pakistan should also send its spies and collect info about advanced projects.

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Jan 17 2006, 08:53 PM
I think its OK for China to steal secrets from USA, I mean US also stole V2 rocket secrets from Germany.

Pakistan should also send its spies and collect info about advanced projects.
[post=5449]Quoted post[/post]​

Not a bad idea, but if spy get caught, its over for Pakistan. :lol:

Hammad said:
Not a bad idea, but if spy get caught, its over for Pakistan. :lol:

I doubt it, During cold war KBG and CIA spies were caught, no one launced nuke at each-other

A.Rahman said:
I doubt it, During cold war KBG and CIA spies were caught, no one launced nuke at each-other

Spies wont lead to war,but it can harm relationship especially btw US and Pakistan.Its beetr to finance Chinas operations so that if cought you can claim u werent aware,if successfull then China will share with u the same.:cheesy:

A.Rahman said:
Just like they did from Germany,... remember some Indian stole B-2 secrets like a month ago? :LOLANI:

yeah he did, and was trying to pass them on to Iran. Remember the indian caught by FBI who was trying to sell some Russian SAM missiles to AlQaeda?

A.Rahman said:
FYI
1. The American-Indian did not steal the info, he had designed the propulsion system on the radar-evading B-2 stealth bomber when he worked as design engineer for Northrop Corporation from November 1968 to April 1986.
2. According to his statement to the FBI he sold the info to eight different countries. The FBI has not reveled the names of these nations (as per the link attached). http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1516042/posts
yeah he did, and was trying to pass them on to Iran.
Do you have a link to prove it?

sword9 said:
FYI
1. The American-Indian did not steal the info, he had designed the propulsion system on the radar-evading B-2 stealth bomber when he worked as design engineer for Northrop Corporation from November 1968 to April 1986.
2. According to his statement to the FBI he sold the info to eight different countries. The FBI has not reveled the names of these nations (as per the link attached). http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1516042/posts

Do you have a link to prove it?

What were his reasons for selling that technology to Al qaeda and Iran? Why do indians always do such things. is india also helping iran with its nuclear program?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom