What's new

Chandrayaan-3 Mission Successfully Landed!!!

This is a great achievement. India should try to leverage this and build up aviation manufacturing. I think India can start by providing a competition to Embraer of Brazil by building high performance and competitive turboprops in the under 100 seat market. The world desperately needs affordable small planes for local transportation. This has been neglected by the big guys.

The only way that can happen is when the private sector comes into aerospace in a big way. The first step towards that has just started, at least for the production part..with the Tata - Airbus JV for the C-295. Once the C-295 is almost completely built from scratch in India, the indigenous Regional Transport Aircraft (RTA) at least has some chance of working out.

But even then, it is a long shot. It can be made possible only if the Modi govt turns it into a national mission as it has for several other projects.

Smart guy ,
I hope chairman of your space agency (suparco ? ) thinks in the same way as you are thinking .
Interestingly, Canada was in a pinch in 2014. A communication satellite couldn't be launched by Russia due to the breakout of Ukraine war. Canada didn't want to use China's launch service. Finally, ISRO helped them out with a launch.

I would save my congratulations for the Indian people achieving sustainability and uplifting themselves from poverty and filth. I would not want Pakistan to invest in such a program.

I'd prefer our money be invested in birth control programs to save us. I don't believe this publicity stunt is in the benefit of the Indian people.

No offense.

People in the subcontinent must find a way to bring an end to their conflicts and find peace and prosperity.

And sustainability most importantly.

I would save my congratulations for the Indian people achieving sustainability and uplifting themselves from poverty and filth. I would not want Pakistan to invest in such a program.

I'd prefer our money be invested in birth control programs to save us. I don't believe this publicity stunt is in the benefit of the Indian people.

No offense.

Beg to differ

While the mission itself might not look like yielding instant benefits economically, it serves in many ways to further interest in people of India to take up STEM subjects.

Secondly in mid to long-term it establishes India as a viable partner for anyone, who wants to take up Space based endeavors. Many nations are using services of ISRO now to launch their satellites.

On the mission itself, if the rover and lander manage to confirm existence of water in ice form and any other minerals that might exist on Moon, this mission will help in India and others take up more missions and lead to both scientific and commercial benefits for India.

Sometimes we have to take up missions, which will yield benefits at later date. Its like Planting a Tree now, so that the next generation can eat it.

Interestingly GOI actually reduced its funding to ISRO this year, as it had to allocate for other human endeavors. Sustainability like you said is desirable, but it cannot be achieved immediately. That's the hard truth

Pragyan rover ramps down Vikram lander; made in India, made for the Moon, says Isro​

Chandrayaan 3 Highlights | Pragyan rover rolls out successfully near Moon's south pole​

No offense.

I hope people realize that to land a rover on the moon, one must first have a sound education system, food security, technical knowledge, infrastructure, logistics, ... the list goes on. All of these don't just benefit the space program. Finally, nowhere does it say that you have to eradicate 100% of poverty or have 100% of the population literate before you can build a rocket.
This is not an RTS tech tree. You can chew gum and walk at the same time.

I hope people realize that to land a rover on the moon, one must first have a sound education system, food security, technical knowledge, infrastructure, logistics, ... the list goes on. All of these don't just benefit the space program. Finally, nowhere does it say that you have to eradicate 100% of poverty or have 100% of the population literate before you can build a rocket.
This is not an RTS tech tree. You can chew gum and walk at the same time.
Unfortunately much of Western media, highlights this poverty issue whenever there is any Space based achievement. Its a fact and there is no problem if its mentioned, only if one keeps pointing it out all the time and question the program itself!!! Then it certainly points to them having dual intent, where on one side you praise something but then also say maybe you shouldn't be doing this yet. Sort of saying, you are trying to get too big for your boots.

Now we can't generalize and say everyone feels the same way, but the articles are there to speak for themselves.

Agree totally with what you wrote above though, a nation (doesn't matter who it is) doesn't have to reach a certain level in all indicators to aim big. Things can go hand in hand

Unfortunately much of Western media, highlights this poverty issue whenever there is any Space based achievement.
Much less so THIS TIME. So that particular canard is being used less and less .

Modi and Lula admiring the headlines in South African Newspaper
103014461.jpg

This was an incident right after my PhD, I was in CLEO (Conference on Laser and Electro-Optics) conference in San Diego, after my presentation, the Director of IIT-D approached me and asked what is your plan after your PhD. I politely told him I already have few jobs lined up, I am just taking a break from academia and doing my thesis correction.

He told me that he is very interested in my research, and he can offer me an academic position in IIT-D and will help me secure DRDO funding, but the salary he can offer is only 15 Lakhs INR. The jobs lined up had been offering me >$200K including equities.

So when we talk about our scientists, we have to consider the sacrifices they have made to stay back for the country. And I'm still in contact with him, sometime in the future maybe I will join IIT too, as a professor.

We should invest on our skilled people and scientists and need to take care of them.

No offense.

Pakistan did not invest on space all these years and did they became developed nation ? and uplifted themselves from poverty and filth ?

Now you are preferring to invest on birth control programs where as India did it in 80s when Pakistan was busy in eating grass for sake of Nuke and India voted for Garibi Hatao and we all know after 40+ years we both know where we are standing.

Investments are need to be done where, when required and not after someone did it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom