What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Another one

3007e9815605b0017ba70b560d6ac735.jpg

A very capable weapon system indeed.

@Storm Force

Where did you bring this from??

Another one

3007e9815605b0017ba70b560d6ac735.jpg

A very capable weapon system indeed.

@Storm Force

Where did you bring this from??

but what we heard here at defence.pk,it was RAAD,H2 n H4.
and some senior member and retired airforce officials confirm that H2/4 is modefied form of south african raptor1/2.thats what the artist have drawn.the artist REHAN SIRAJ is a brother of ADNAN SIRAJ who was a pilot in PAF and both r PAFs artists n both have drawn same gliding bomb in their pictures
see adnan's painting
5e46a736ca477a4097cc8ed4b4575112.jpg

well a senior person can only cofirm this MOPSOW mistry.:undecided:

It is there with PAF buddy, trust me

There you go from the above article.

"It is a widely circulated rumor among the PAF critics that Pakistan acquired South African MUPSOW, a multi-purpose, surgical-strike weapon, designed to neutralize enemy targets such as airfields, bunkers and command-and-control centres at standoff ranges. Pinpoint accuracy is achieved by using an advanced navigation and terminal guidance technology. It is also known that between 1996-98 Pakistan bought category A and B military hardware which includes sensitive major significant equipment, such as fighter jets and other large systems. Some sources also report that PAF was also testing South African Raptor I and II precision guided munitions which were designed based on Mirage III/Cheetah being the primary platform of launch.

Although identified as the DART pod, this appears identical to Rafael's LITENING pod. Other Mirage 5F upgrades included an integrated electronic warfare suite, on-board oxygen generation system (OBOGS), and single point pressure refueling. One of the key features of the ROSE upgrade was the induction of Italian FIAR Grifo-M radar, which is a copy of US made APG-68 radar. This gave these aircraft the capability of carrying BVR missiles. At the time Pakistan was interested in South African Darter series of missiles, which later on fell through due to sanctions imposed, by South Africa when military government took over after a bloodless coup. "

There you go from the above article.

"It is a widely circulated rumor among the PAF critics that Pakistan acquired South African MUPSOW, a multi-purpose, surgical-strike weapon, designed to neutralize enemy targets such as airfields, bunkers and command-and-control centres at standoff ranges. Pinpoint accuracy is achieved by using an advanced navigation and terminal guidance technology. It is also known that between 1996-98 Pakistan bought category A and B military hardware which includes sensitive major significant equipment, such as fighter jets and other large systems. Some sources also report that PAF was also testing South African Raptor I and II precision guided munitions which were designed based on Mirage III/Cheetah being the primary platform of launch.
Although identified as the DART pod, this appears identical to Rafael's LITENING pod. Other Mirage 5F upgrades included an integrated electronic warfare suite, on-board oxygen generation system (OBOGS), and single point pressure refueling. One of the key features of the ROSE upgrade was the induction of Italian FIAR Grifo-M radar, which is a copy of US made APG-68 radar. This gave these aircraft the capability of carrying BVR missiles. At the time Pakistan was interested in South African Darter series of missiles, which later on fell through due to sanctions imposed, by South Africa when military government took over after a bloodless coup. "

it says rumor for mpsow while for raptor 1/2,its another confirming clue :yahoo:

Sorry to MODS, as i am struggling with my net connection that is why three posts occurred !!

Another hint for folks is the similarity between MUPSOW and RAAD. Just look closely and you will understand why RAAD looks similar!

This is true. Raad has a South African connection as both MUPSOW and RAAD have similar characteristics. The latter being an advanced and more improved missile with significant indigenous input made it into a sophisticated ALCM leaving even the South Africans stunned !!

Not quite. The above one is Raptor

This is Mupsow

85af9403d6fa9a7c9af47ac89aa6d020.jpg

Description:

The Kentron MUPSOW (MUlti-Purpose, Stand-Off Weapon) is a multi-purpose, surgical-strike weapon, designed to neutralize enemy targets such as airfields, bunkers and command-and-control centres at stand-off ranges. Pinpoint accuracy is achieved by using an advanced navigation and terminal guidance technology (data link, choice of TV, IIR or MMW seekers). The airframe is made out of composites, powered by a turbojet.

The Mupsow is a South African development on which Kentron has been working under contract from the Air Force since 1991, with unpowered flight tests commencing in 1997. The MUPSOW is thought to be an extension of the H2 stand-off weapon program. It is not known if Mupsow has entered SAAF service.

I am pretty sure that PAF does not employ MUPSOW, rather a Raptor derivative in two versions. One is a standoff weapon with 60KM range and another with 120km range.

Ra'ad is another development but has nothing to do with the Raptor derivatives that are in service with the PAF.

I am pretty sure that PAF does not employ MUPSOW, rather a Raptor derivative in two versions. One is a standoff weapon with 60KM range and another with 120km range.

Ra'ad is another development but has nothing to do with the Raptor derivatives that are in service with the PAF.

then 120km ranged weapon is missile or bomb?

and may be PAF had used MUPSOW tec in making RAAD.
PAF brought many technologies from SA,MUPSOW could be one of them.

Blain

I have never come here with the intention to convert any thread into an argument one. The source i gave is a reliable one. I just try to share relevant info on the topic. What i can tell you is that both systems were inducted i.e. raptor (1 and 2)and mupsow. As far as the link of mupsow and raad is concerned, there is a definite link there too. The bottomline is that Mirage is a very capable platform and PAF has done radical changes to it in every dimension.

Back
Top Bottom