What's new

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever earns $330M opening weekend globally

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Disney and Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is settling in at a $180M opening, and there is absolutely nothing to complain about. The MCU title unseats the previous November opening champ, Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which held the month’s domestic box office opening record for nine years. Wakanda arrived slightly higher than Disney and tracking’s $175M+ estimate. Exhibition were the ones projecting this sequel higher, toward $185M. Worldwide start for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is $330M.

Disney and Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is settling in at a $180M opening, and there is absolutely nothing to complain about. The MCU title unseats the previous November opening champ, Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which held the month’s domestic box office opening record for nine years. Wakanda arrived slightly higher than Disney and tracking’s $175M+ estimate. Exhibition were the ones projecting this sequel higher, toward $185M. Worldwide start for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is $330M.

This sounds like another movie that will make a $Billion without the Chinese market.

This sounds like another movie that will make a $Billion without the Chinese market.

China loves black men, but they don't like gay people.

Marvel is influenced by LGBT

Everything can be solved, if they create a special version for the Chinese market.

Marvel is influenced by LGBT

Marvel is not...Hollywood is..or to be more expansive the world theater/film industry in general.

Wasn't some recent film in China not released because some filter put on actors faces was not "manly enough".

Last edited:
Why are you talking about lgbt stuff? Did they put gay characters in Wakanda?

Why are you talking about lgbt stuff? Did they put gay characters in Wakanda?
...Censors are believed to have rejected the film due to the brief depiction of openly gay characters — in this case, the Wakandan warrior Aneka (played by Michaela Coel) and the Dora bodyguard Ayo (Florence Kasumba), who are shown to be in a relationship...

...Censors are believed to have rejected the film due to the brief depiction of openly gay characters — in this case, the Wakandan warrior Aneka (played by Michaela Coel) and the Dora bodyguard Ayo (Florence Kasumba), who are shown to be in a relationship...
I want to get back to the 80's and 90's when producers were actually afraid of losing money because of such scenes.

The black panther franchise will never be the same without Boseman. I look forward to watching this.

The most stupid movie in recent times that I have watched was Black Panther and that too only due to that Walking Dead actress Michonne.

Not looking forward to part 2 of the misery.

I'm from South Asia, we grew up watching superhero movies... I mean just look at this fight scene.

I grew up in Asian mixed with Western culture. And my mother actually think Batman and Robin were gay and my mom don't like us buying superhero comic. I grow up watching Japanese Anime, I remember one of them is an anime called "City Hunter" which is a dude who is a private investigator with exceptional investigation skill and also combat skill (The story was he was in a plane crash in Africa as a child and survived the crash but brought up by a rival fraction which teach him combat skill as young as 10.) But that dude is extreme indecent to a point people would recognize him as a pervert as he like acting like a peeping tom and always look for upskirt moment. Yet my mom allowed that, but say no to batman and robin....

And for action movie, I like movie or TV series like Strike Back or Person of Interest.

You can identify as Taylor Swift. Just don't Identify as Alexandra Daddario or else we got some serious beef.
What had she done to you??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom