What's new

Featured Argentine Air Force is Considering JF-17 as it's Future Fighter

I would rather propose Argentina get the L-15 or FTC-2000, they are both a advanced trainer and a fighter so will meet two requirements. China will not risk selling them its most advanced radar equipped fighters for risk of access to US. Even Israel backed out of selling/leasing AESA equipped Kfir Blk-60s.

We don't want to invite wrath of EU/UK sanctions on our aviation enterprises hampering access to suppliers for own projects.

Last edited:
Interesting, How would they bypass that for a plan flying on Russian engine and Chinese avionics / body parts ? As I understand CAATSA covers both OEM products and components

Interesting isn’t it huh. They found a way around it, who would have thought.

UK is going to twist Pakistan's arm if Pakistan is to sell Jf 17 to its enemy.

Interesting isn’t it huh. They found a way around it, who would have thought.
They can't find any way unless US has given a tacit approval.. But more interestingly why would China want to sell a jet with its latest AESA radar and avionics to the most loyal US partner in Latin America ?

For me, it all looks like feel good talks on possible sale.... The JF - 17 is supposed to face a F-35 from royal navy or Gripen from BAF, making the purchase even more baffling

They can't find any way unless US has given a tacit approval.. But more interestingly why would China want to sell a jet with its latest AESA radar and avionics to the most loyal US partner in Latin America ?

For me, it all looks like feel good talks on possible sale.... The JF - 17 is supposed to face a F-35 from royal navy or Gripen from BAF, making the purchase even more baffling

China has multiple AESA vendors, each vendor can offer a product with different waveforms. Perhaps what is offered to Pakistan is not being offered to Argentina. And vice Versa.

Furthermore, CAATSA seems restricted to Russia, Iran, and North Korea, but not China. The RD-93 is sold by Russia to China and then on to Pakkstan. Therefore, officially Pakistan doesn’t buy engines from Russia.

My source claims that they wanted fairly ridiculous conditions, which included sending the planes to the U.S. for evaluations.
I don't think so. Argentina shall realises in an event of war between Argentina and britain. US will always stand on british side. Argentina is just side kick. The american once know JF-17 capabilities will reveal everything to the british. Can't believe argentinian are that stupid.
UK is going to twist Pakistan's arm if Pakistan is to sell Jf 17 to its enemy.
And Pakistan is afraid of UK and can't stand on it's own?

The general explained that the purchase of a JF-17 fighter is possible. This Chinese-designed aircraft is produced in Pakistan, which was visited by a special commission of the Air Force in 2017:

We are currently talking about the Block 3 version, which is a completely different aircraft. We're talking about the tech type that the Air Force is looking for.

They rejected the plane in first place but this is how now turned out. I for once, would have thought to sell them Block-II but I don't feel good about Block-III sale to a country like Argentina.

No matter how anti UK etc they are, there's still huge influence of US in power corridors and then Indians have deep route as well. Corruption is on peak and one shouldn't forget about the sabotage and exposure of Thunder to the enemy.

JF-17 Block03 will be a great choice against EF-2000.
Powerful engine, Aesa radar, and Pl-15 BVR missile and C-301 missiles will be so deadly against UK.

They rejected the plane in first place but this is how now turned out. I for once, would have thought to sell them Block-II but I don't feel good about Block-III sale to a country like Argentina.

No matter how anti UK etc they are, there's still huge influence of US in power corridors and then Indians have deep route as well. Corruption is on peak and one shouldn't forget about the sabotage and exposure of Thunder to the enemy.
At the same time, Block-3 will obviously not be in the same price range as the current model.
And we all know that the export versions are always watered down.
The Argentinians also know well that most fighter jet markets are closed on them and if they compromise on say Thunders security, then they will be flying Puccaras for the rest of their lives....or they can go for Tejas.

or they can go for Tejas.

I wish that only except that PAF can benefit anything from Argentina in return. How's Argentinian Defence Production? I mean their specialty? Software, Missile or even kind of transceivers/radar equipment?

I think there is some real chance for tejas here. India should offer it ASAP :enjoy: .

I wish that only except that PAF can benefit anything from Argentina in return. How's Argentinian Defence Production? I mean their specialty? Software, Missile or even kind of transceivers/radar equipment?
Nothing!. There is no production. Transceivers... your's truly equipment is used by them for decades now.

They really need to look at Tejas, fits their needs and experience of flying delta-wing jets quite a lot.. :p:

Back
Top Bottom