Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Hello! Few questions about AK-I again)

1) Recently found some video:

It looks like this tower looks a bit different

1656742241891.png

1656742257810.png

1656742272696.png

1656742291719.png

It's some kind of a new tower used on AK?

I mean, comparing to known AK photos,

1656742390513.png

There're some difference between them, especially if we look at back of the turret 🧐

2) And the second question is about AK-I production cost, is there a reliable sources about that? I mean, judging by some EU/US/RU sources, there's difference betweet cost data, so, what cost is more realistic?

turret shown in the video on rotating table is placed upside down
2) And the second question is about AK-I production cost, is there a reliable sources about that? I mean, judging by some EU/US/RU sources, there's difference betweet cost data, so, what cost is more realistic?
HIT official never gave any exact figure of AK series sales price but number of times stated that its 1/3 of the price of western tanks.

Last edited:
turret shown in the video on rotating table is placed upside down

HIT official never gave any exact figure of AK series sales price but number of times stated that its 1/3 of the price of western tanks.
Thank you!

So, it's only because of view on turret? But what about turret back basket, it looks a bit different?

And about price, I guess, it's 1/3 of the price tanks like 2A6/M1A2?

And about price, I guess, it's 1/3 of the price tanks like 2A6/M1A2?
no tank was specifically mention they always use the term western tanks

One educated guess could be made by the purchase of VT-4 by Pakistan which I think was bought at price tag of $5+ million (I am forgetting the exact figure of the purchase price which was b/w $5.3-5.5 million) but AK-1 supposedly cost less to PA than VT-4 keep in mind I am talking about manufacturing cost not the sales price to international customers.
So, it's only because of view on turret? But what about turret back basket, it looks a bit different?
Yaap only because of the view of the upside down FRONT of the turret.

Front Half of AK-1 Turret.jpg

as far as back of the turret is concern its the same as previous version of the turret. One more thing is that turret of AK series from the front create the illusion of square shape but form the side view one can observe that back of the turret is angled same as previous version

Following is the pic of latest AK-1 being tested at HIT factory

Back Half of AK-1 Turret.jpg

Last edited:
no tank was specifically mention they always use the term western tant,

One educated guess could be made by the purchase of VT-4 by Pakistan which I think was $5+ (I am forgetting the exact figure of the purchase price which was b/w $5.3-5.5 million) but AK-1 supposedly cost less to PA than VT-4 keep in mind I am talking about manufacturing cost not sales price to international customers.

Yaap only because of the view of the upside down FRONT of the turret.

View attachment 858786

as far as back of the turret is concern its the same as previous version of the turret. One more thing is that turret of AK series from the front create the illusion of square shape but form the side view one can observe that back of the turret is angled same as previous version

Following is the pic of latest AK-1 being tested at HIT factory

View attachment 858784

Thanks for the clarification!

I wonder how PA is going to react to the Engine problems
... Now that we know Russo-Ukraine war isn't going anywhere soon... What are we going to do about the engine supplies let alone making more AK-1s ????

Pakistan did not put any good defensive system like trophy and ERI to Al Khalid for protection only focus on powerful gun

We need good ERA trophy system

No protective armour it's sitting suck for indian apaches

bro just a little reminder this thread is is an Information pool about AK series so only post info about the tank if you want to share your opinion then plz use other relevant thread.

BTW just want mention that this query is addressed number of times by many inform members on relevant thread

Hello! Few questions about AK-I again)

1) Recently found some video:

It's some kind of a new tower used on AK?

I mean, comparing to known AK photos,

There're some difference between them, especially if we look at back of the turret 🧐

The turret looks different to me too but could possibly also just be the angle and the orientation of the turret. The video is over a year old, but it could still possibly be something they were considering for Future AK or still are, but slim chance.

as for cost, if I had to take a guess, somewhere around 3 Million for the AK-1, possibly less, depends on how many parts they’re still importing that we don’t know of, but that’s just a guess, price has not been revealed.

I wonder how PA is going to react to the Engine problems
... Now that we know Russo-Ukraine war isn't going anywhere soon... What are we going to do about the engine supplies let alone making more AK-1s ????
We have enough engines and transmissions in stock to finish the current order of AK-1s. There are no other Russian or Ukrainian sourced components on the tank, after that they’re switching to Chinese engines. Chinese engines for future batches of AK have already been ordered and delivered, probably for testing purposes.

How much thickness of armor would be required to stop Hellfire penetration, whats your take ?
Too much to be realistic. An APS that can deal with top-attack munitions like the trophy or arena is the only bet (even Arena is uncertain for top attack)l

Pakistan did not put any good defensive system like trophy and ERI to Al Khalid for protection only focus on powerful gun

We need good ERA trophy system

Kindly try to read through the information pool before making uninformed comments.

Too much to be realistic. An APS that can deal with top-attack munitions like the trophy or arena is the only bet (even Arena is uncertain for top attack)l
Thats an active protective system. I dont think that armor thickness can be the solution.

Thats an active protective system. I dont think that armor thickness can be the solution.
Yes, that’s what I said too, the armor needed to stop a top attack munition would be beyond unrealistic, the only way to stop them is an active protection system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom