What's new

Featured Turkey’s National Fighter, TFX/MMU, will roll out in 18 March 2023

I hope we get foreign customers with the start of serial production so the cost would be lower.

EJ-200 is not strong enough to power MMU. We need something similar in performance to F119.
Why not Russian AL-31F ... or even 117S if they are willing to sell. American jet engines would be a very risky move from a political standpoint since Turkey and the US are not exactly on great terms.

Why not Russian AL-31F ... or even 117S if they are willing to sell. American jet engines would be a very risky move from a political standpoint since Turkey and the US are not exactly on great terms.
TURKEY took AMErikan engines already, they is no risk there. THey will use these engines to test the jet that will take 8-10 years testing. by 2026 Turkey plan to take its own engine. Turkey build f110 engine for 30 years now. They might do similar engine that enough to arm it. Also, let say in any war, US doesnt want to send engines, Turkey able to make f110 engine on its own, until its engine ready

it's a very risky project, I hope we will succeed
Though risky but from some where you have to start . Room was not built in a day . The Otomans should not rely on others for an indefinite pereiod of time . Some other nations also looking for you .

Temel Kotil said in his last reportage;
upload_2020-8-5_23-23-25.jpeg

“We (TAI) are establishing a tech center inside PAC KAMRA. In addition to T-129 Atak, We are working to carry out different studies with Pakistan containing T-625 utility, T-629 and Atak-2 platforms. Addition to helicopter programs, We should focus more on strategic cooperation programs with Pakistan including Tf-X MMU fighters. “

The biggest Drawback is the Engine. Which Engine would be used for production model A/C will be what PAF is looking at. Good thing the ATAK Engine fiasco happened, which has opened the eyes of our defence planners as well of the Turks. Probability of the Engines:
France=Minus Zero Probability
American:50-50 ratio, I am worried Americans might sanction Turkey in the coming 2 or 3 years in Defence Sector
British: 60-70% Depends how the Brits respond to American Pressure
Chinese: 30-40%
Russian: 40%(probability of Turkish Russian Relations nose Diving in the next 2 or 3 years). Ruskies are up to something in Turkey. Recent arrest of Wagner Contractors in Belarus is a very unusual event.
TAI et. al say the TFX prototype will use the GE F110, but TR Motor is tasked with developing a comparable engine in parallel. I reckon the TFX will use the F110 well into SBP and Block-I, but seeing the ambition and -- to be frank, shockingly good competency -- of the Turks, their in-house engine might make it to Block-II.

Yes, by going for a F110-class engine, the Turks did make it more difficult to source a non-ITAR alternative (e.g., you have EJ200, RD-93MA, etc, in the 80-90 kN range). However, the TFX is also a bigger fighter than most next-generation options and, as a result, may make for a good strike fighter.

Granted, the PAF would likely have to wait for the TR Motor variant (which I think would come at the Block-II or Block-III stage of the TFX). However, the TFX definitely makes its case for an ideal successor to the F-16s and the Mirage ROSE-I/II/III. You can get the one fighter to form your offensive edge, basically.

On the other hand, this opens the space up for a smaller complement. I know TAI is working on the Hürjet, which can technically serve as a lightweight fighter. However, I wonder if they can extend the work going into its FCS and other inputs into a light/medium-weight next-gen fighter (in the size of the Gripen E/F).

Temel Kotil said in his last reportage;
View attachment 659208

“We (TAI) are establishing a tech center inside PAC KAMRA. In addition to T-129 Atak, We are working to carry out different studies with Pakistan containing T-625 utility, T-629 and Atak-2 platforms. Addition to helicopter programs, We should focus more on strategic cooperation programs with Pakistan including Tf-X MMU fighters. “
Strat. co-op. incl. nuclear... ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom