What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

i heared it is co-project between italy and turkey and can we compare this helicopter with Tigerand apache

i heared it is co-project between italy and turkey and can we compare this helicopter with Tiger and Apache

Yes, Bro It is a cooperation program between Agusta-Westland and Aselsan-TAI...

Here is details...

"In the ATAK Helicopter Program, TAI will be the prime contractor, with AgustaWestland and ASELSAN being TAI’s subcontractors. As part of the ATAK Helicopter Program the following agreements were signed:

• TAI-SSM Prime Contract

• TAI-AgustaWestland Major Subcontract Agreement

• TAI-AgustaWestland Collaboration Agreement

• TAI-ASELSAN Subcontract Agreement"

With the Collaboration Agreement signed with AgustaWestland, TAI shall have;

· Intellectual property rights of the new configuration of the helicopter
· Sole sourcing rights in the world for the fuselage, including Final Assembly and Flight Operations
· Sales rights for the whole world excluding Italy and England

http://www.tai.com.tr/prog.aspx?con...RAMS__NONE_____"ATAK" HELICOPTER__PROGRAM__26

GJ kardes on the thread :) finally you have somewhere to point to when question related to t129 is asked(no more repeat;))

2nd T-129 looks to be ready for hunting some terrorist.

large_2atak.jpg

c7ki9bdmnu17rdxih.png

2atak - TUSA?-Türk Havac?l?k ve Uzay Sanayii A.?.

awesome shi....

So till today only two T-129 got out of production line except prototypes?

thes are actually not T129 but modified a129 versiyon. The T129 wil in production somewher between 2013 and 2014.

Normally, these would be used for pilot training but given the circumstances i expect them to carry out combat missions in coming months.

They will be a gigantic pain in the azz for PKK :)

Normally, these would be used for pilot training but given the circumstances i expect them to carry out combat missions in coming months.

They will be a gigantic pain in the azz for PKK :)

Now they can only be equipped with machine gun right?

I read that they are not ready for Cirit and Umtas/Omtas yet?

Now they can only be equipped with machine gun right?

I read that they are not ready for Cirit and Umtas/Omtas yet?
M197 is a cannon, not a machine gun

And first mass-production model won't include Turkish-made Cirit rockets and UMTAS ATGMs AGM114 Hellfires and 70mm Hydra rockets will be available instead.

Anyway, using hi-tech equipment against these rats would be a waste of resources. 20mm cannon fire and 70mm unguided rocket salvos are more than enough to finish them.

One last question:
What is the difference between the upgraded A129 (the ones in the pictures) and the actual T129?

One last question:
What is the difference between the upgraded A129 (the ones in the pictures) and the actual T129?
Those are not upgraded A129, probably common parts were taken from A129 during the building of these ex-prototypes but that's all.

There won't be a visible difference between these and mass-production models. Only difference will be, the technique which they will be produced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom