What's new

STM-500 for the Pakistan navy

**Sighs**. Tell me, do you enjoy been a rude dick? Also you @dBSPL
The problem with narrow shallow waters v deep ocean isn't that the submarine can dive to near the bottom they can't.
But:

Conversely operating in deep ocean waters has its own challenges which are different. A submarine operating in shallow water at a certain noise level and depth may well be undetectable. The same noise level and depth in deep ocean water might as well shout "here I am".
A submarine designed to operate in narrow waters can afford to an extent to ignore its own noise. But one operating in deeper, oceanic waters need to be very careful. For instance anything above 6-7 knots creates cavitation noises. In narrow waters thats not so much of an issue, it gets lost in the background and bounces off the seabed. In deep, oceanic water it can be heard for hundreds of miles.
You mentioned that average depth of sea here is 3000 M that made it clear you have no clue about Submarines warfare. These would be great for us. 250 to 300 meters is what most Submarines stick to. Plus it has endurance of 30 days and 4000 nautical miles in range

A good addition, but my understanding is any Submarine can venture into sea depends on the food and fuel supply and ability to stay at certain depth at sea when submerged

Maintaining the depth at sea is handled by various tech on board

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom