What's new

Steel cutting ceremony of 2nd Milgem Corvette held at KS&EW - June 2020

Genesis bro.

Havelsan ADVENT.

Most of the subsystems are the same as the Ada-class: same radar, CMS, ELINT/ESM, etc. Really, the bulk of the changes are in the VLS mod and the weapon systems.

Okay. I asked this because if Advent it is, this also means that there is a very high probability that PN will choose Turkish I-class frigates and TF-2000 destroyer once the two platforms become operational and get mature which unfortunately might be near the end of the decade.

Okay. I asked this because if Advent it is, this also means that there is a very high probability that PN will choose Turkish I-class frigates and TF-2000 destroyer once the two platforms become operational and get mature which unfortunately might be near the end of the decade.
The original contract announcement said that the 4th ship will be a frigate. So, there's a theory among us that the 4th ship will be a version of the I-Class.

The 1st and 2nd ship will be built at Istanbul Naval Shipyard while two ships will be constructed at Karachi shipyard & Engineering Works (KS&EW). A note worthy feature of the contract is that the 4th warship will be designed jointly by Pakistan's Maritime Technologies Complex (MTC) and will be the first indigenously designed & constructed Frigate.

http://pid.gov.pk/site/press_detail/8782

Just crafted the infograph of under construction PN Milgem class Corvette.

PSX_20200611_124125.jpg

Last edited:

That is what I think as well. Advent will provide unique capabilities when the platforms connected to eachothers via Advent, were sent to conflict zone so The more number of Advent based platforms increase, the more network centric operation capabilities will improve so Pakistan will construct a version of I class frigate as continuation of Milgem program.

054A take 3 months to complete. But the test takes 10 months.

Wenchong Shipyard set a record. The 3 type 818 (the Coast Guard version of 054a) was built within 1 month.

Certification and acceptance tests usually take more than 10 months when combined altogether, at least by the standards we are legally and practically bound to oblige. I am not saying this to undermine Chinese Navy or worship ours but from the perspective of safety and platform security, it is essential that the building period from laying the first block to declaring the ship operational goes smoothly as planned and any malfunction and exploitation gets repaired.

There is a reason for why huge number of maintenance and safety accidents occur in Asian navies, particularly India and previously Russia. No matter who they serve, life of sailors should not be jeopardized at the expense of delivery times.

Take the first I-class frigate for example..

January 2021: Laid to sea
May 2022: Port acceptance tests
September 2023: Delivered to navy
January 2023: Cruise tests (contrary to its name, in addition to mobility; weapons sytems and sensors are also tested)

These dates are of course dependent on other factors too like politics, economy, engineering and more. I think our fellow engineer @ANMDT can enlighten us on why our naval ship building time and process is longer than that of Chinese, because I am not 100% sure and might as well as be wrong.

If I am not mistaken, there were no joint system development and system engineering work at this scale between the two Muslim countries before. This agreement has a remarkable strategic direction on a global scale, beyond what it will bring to Pakistan maritime and shipbuilding capability. Despite all sabotage activities and obstacles, decisiveness of the representatives of both forces will be remembered with respect even years later.

Certification and acceptance tests usually take more than 10 months when combined altogether, at least by the standards we are legally and practically bound to oblige. I am not saying this to undermine Chinese Navy or worship ours but from the perspective of safety and platform security, it is essential that the building period from laying the first block to declaring the ship operational goes smoothly as planned and any malfunction and exploitation gets repaired.

There is a reason for why huge number of maintenance and safety accidents occur in Asian navies, particularly India and previously Russia. No matter who they serve, life of sailors should not be jeopardized at the expense of delivery times.

Take the first I-class frigate for example..

January 2021: Laid to sea
May 2022: Port acceptance tests
September 2023: Delivered to navy
January 2023: Cruise tests (contrary to its name, in addition to mobility; weapons sytems and sensors are also tested)

These dates are of course dependent on other factors too like politics, economy, engineering and more. I think our fellow engineer @ANMDT can enlighten us on why our naval ship building time and process is longer than that of Chinese, because I am not 100% sure and might as well as be wrong.
ah. so complicated. I don't understand.

I think Turkey is building a 13,000-ton class DDG. So it takes 10 months to test.

But wait. You are just building a 3000-ton light frigate. Isn't it?

Just crafted the infograph of under construction PN Milgem class Corvette.

View attachment 640770
Btw, I hope the Turkish navy will rethink the supply of corvettes like the Jinnah-class configuration. I don't want to write off-topic somethings, but I think Pakistan Navy starts its national ship program by doing what we should have done years ago.

Btw, I hope the Turkish navy will rethink the supply of corvettes like the Jinnah-class configuration. I don't want to write off-topic somethings, but I think Pakistan Navy starts its national ship program by doing what we should have done years ago.
I think the PN MILGEM is at-par with the Gowind 2500 and Hyundai HDF-3000.

It meets the need for a specific market, i.e., countries that need a fully-capable frigate, but can't afford the stuff from the West. The key will be to see how they can lower the cost.

The $1 b to $1.5 b contact likely includes the re-design overhead and ToT. However, I think the true cost of these ships might be in the $200 m range of the HDF-3000s sold to the Philippines. I hope the PN makes use of the ToT KSEW is getting for corvette to manufacture more of them, even if there's another frigate program.

That said, seeing the capabilities of the PN MILGEM corvette, I can't see how they'll justify a frigate in the size of the I-Class. The PN MILGEM and I-Class are already quite close (albeit the latter has more AShW and, if it uses Mk41, better AAW). I think the next logical step is to work with Turkey on the TF-2000 design.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom