What's new

Second Opinion: Kashmir bargain

Wasnt it a few decades back when Pakistan publically announced the war of thousand cuts against India?

However the country that seems to be bleeding at this time is Pakistan. And bleeding bad..

I dont know if Indian State has played a part in that, but either way the threat of India bleeding to death doesnt hold too much of credibility coming from Pakistan for obvious reasons.

India is doing what is best at doing(sponsering terrorism in Neighbor hoodexample of Mukti Bahni) but you know now its india's turn to reap what it wish for others

Last edited:
India is doing what is best at doing(sponsering terrorism in Neighbor hoodexample of Mukti Bahni) but you know now its india's turn to reap what it wish for others

Pakistan has been doing so for over two decades. Your leaders have openly said it. All that time Pakistan was asking for proof. But no proof was enough, and you repeatedly denied all allegations. But now that the tables have turned you are accusing us.

The only problem is that china does not have UN resolution calling for it to have a vote for for freedom in tibet while india does in kashmir.

The UN also bars countries to sponsor cross border terrorism. Pakistan has also infiltrated the LOC several times meaning it does not give a damn about the UN.. Nobody does. Why should India?

Good bargain....any way india do have history of to put there wives as bargain item in politic/games and international relations like pandavas lost draupadi in gambaling. so it should not be big deal for indians:)

Solution of Kashmir is largely dependent on the peace process between India and Pakistan and vice-versa. Unless both countries trust each other there can be no solution for Kashmir and unless there is no solution for Kashmir both parties are not going to trust each other. End result, no result. Kashmir will burn forever. :frown:

the U.N security council seat and Kashmir are two completely separate issues....the GOI cannot compromise on territorial integrity ( a domestic matter ) in exchange for any "international status " symbol......in the face of our sovereignty who cares about some "veto power" which may or may not be granted...besides its a mistake to even think that the U.S can offer something like this.....its not the U.S sole decision to grant a veto power to India,while its firmly in India's hands to deal with an internal matter as it sees fit.....the U.S duplicity is becoming more and more apparent everyday with further revelations of Headley, and special arms packages to our enemies .....that bleeding- heart liberal Obama needs another dose of Tough talking from the Indian cabinet...hopefully Pranab and Chidambaram will take the initiative in the negotiations rather than let the "soft-spoken and too-busy-with-his-good-person-image" MMS gamble away our advantages to the American opportunists through diplomatic follies.........:angry:

India must keep kashmir with it self if it want to bleed to death.

If India want to commit suicide we should encourage them after all they are GOOD FRIENDS
we have to see how long india will be able to deprive the masses of what they want.
At present even 12 year old are fanatically defying indian imperial rule

Hellooooo - wake up and smell reality. The Kashmir insurgency was so terrible in the 90s - what we're seeing now is a playground spat compared to those days. And we've seen worse - Punjab, ULFA - all of them have been curtailed and India is stronger than ever. However, I cannot say the same about Pakistan. Realize that there is no way you can do anything to take Kashmir. India is growing stronger every year. Actually it is you who will bleed dry if you continue your stuck-record obsession with Kashmir.

I dont think that is an option. Has a lower probability than China giving up claims on Taiwan or Tibet.

Would Pakistan trade off its restive Khyber Pakhtoonwa region for some major trade concessions from the Western world. After all there are more problems there than in Jammu and Kashmir.

And before anyone jumps in with the disputed status arguement, understand that its a hypothetical question, and the concept being discussed is a nation's compromise on its boundaroes for diplomatic /economic gains.

KP is not a disputed region as internationally recognized kashmir is¬!

India is sponsoring terrorism example Mukti Bahini?? I am sure you werent even born when Mukti Bahini episodes happened. I know I wasnt. Why dont we talk in present tense??

KP is not a disputed region as internationally recognized kashmir is¬!

I dont know whether you did not read or did not understand my post, but read it again carefully.. Hypothetical has a meaning..

One thing to remember is that every one of the current veto-holding members of the SC have settled territorial issues by force. This is not a congregation of saints, it is one of the guys with big muscles (goondas).

E.g.
Russia - Ossetia/Georgia conflict/settlement
UK - Argentina/ Falklands conflict/settlement
China - Tibet conflict/settlement

Moral of the story is that you won't get admission by saying "please".

India has to prove that it can take what it claims with military might. Then you will get the seat. There's no respect for countries that compromise on their core interests.

India must keep kashmir with it self if it want to bleed to death.

If India want to commit suicide we should encourage them after all they are GOOD FRIENDS
we have to see how long india will be able to deprive the masses of what they want.
At present even 12 year old are fanatically defying indian imperial rule

Yes we are keeping the same and committing suicide by growing at 8%, being one of the top economies on the planet, having cash reserves of close to 300 billion dollars, having one of the most powerful Army/Navy/Airforce on the planet .............etc etc

I think its in India's best interest it will create stability in India.
India is doing hat ever needed to do keep Kashmir safe from other countries.

It will also relax the hostility towards the country coming from all over the world.

lol Which country??? No country ever raised Kashmir with India regarding Kashmir except Pakistan.

I won't get too much into it but India is better off without Kashmir than with it...

Kashmir was India just like any parts of India. So there is no question of India without Kashmir.

cause like it or not thats the main source for most of India's problems.

:rolleyes: Kashmir is a very small internal issue but the main problem is terrorism. After all India not approaching everyone to mediate.

The UN also bars countries to sponsor cross border terrorism. Pakistan has also infiltrated the LOC several times meaning it does not give a damn about the UN.. Nobody does. Why should India?

Alright.......that must mean we can forget that the LeT is banned by the UN and restart the group?:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom