What's new

Russian Navy

Newly built small missile ships pr. 22800 (Karakurt-class corvettes). "Pella" shipyard.
7572358_original[1].jpg

EMn5i9eXUAA-udo

EMn5jkcWsAArsJI

Russia launched the first submarine of Yasen-M project. A total of 8 submarines will be built for the Yasen-M Project, a nuclear-powered attack submarine (SSN). The unit cost of the submarine is said to be $ 1.6 billion.
The Yasen-M project aims to fire the 4500 km range Kalibr-M cruise missile. The Yasen-M project will be the US equivalent of Virginia-class SSNs in Russia.
https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/7419695
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...t-us-navy-its-deadliest-submarine-ever-107816

Possible further development of small missile ships project 22800 ("Karakurt"-class corvettes) - multipurpose corvettes with 16 anti-ship missiles and 8 anti-air missiles VLS.
7677612_original[1].jpg

from time to time we always hear about a Russian design of an upcoming ultra mega super carrier like the Shtorm completely disregarding the fact that building such a carrier not only would drain the navy budget resulting in much less SSNs but would also take such a long time to finish.

still Russia does need a carrier of some sort in order to have a strike capability not against the US but against hostile cave men like those in Syria, in Syria they already had an airbase in there so they didn't need a carrier in there but what if a conflict happens in a friendly country that has lost it's airbases? in this case a carrier would allow Russia to launch airstrikes against the enemy till friendly forces have secured an airbases & then Russia could base it's aircrafts in that base.

so instead of a regular aircraft carrier a better option for Russia would be to aquire a helicopter carrier , attack helicopters would provide the air support needed using the Vikhr & the kh-25 to help friendly forces retake an airbase, with the kh-35 the strike range could also be significantly increased, a 25k tonne helicopter carrier would likely cost half a billion dollar or a little bit more, much cheaper than even a kuznetsov class carrier & Russia could get two of them & in the future if Russia would develop a VTOL aircraft they could turn the carrier into a light CV, they could then make back some of the money spent on developing the VTOL aircraft by exporting it, Turkey wanted to use it's TCG Anadolu as a light CV so I'm sure they would like to buy a Russian VTOL fighter, China too has the Type 075 & would also be another potential buyer.

Last edited:
from time to time we always hear about a Russian design of an upcoming ultra mega super carrier like the Shtorm completely disregarding the fact that building such a carrier not only would drain the navy budget resulting in much less SSNs but would also take such a long time to finish.

still Russia does need a carrier of some sort in order to have a strike capability not against the US but against hostile cave men like those in Syria, in Syria they already had an airbase in there so they didn't need a carrier in there but what if a conflict happens in a friendly country that has lost it's airbases? in this case a carrier would allow Russia to launch airstrikes against the enemy till friendly forces have secured an airbases & then Russia could base it's aircrafts in that base.

so instead of a regular aircraft carrier a better option for Russia would be to aquire a helicopter carrier , attack helicopters would provide the air support needed using the Vikhr & the kh-25 to help friendly forces retake an airbase, with the kh-35 the strike range could also be significantly increased, a 25k tonne helicopter carrier would likely cost half a billion dollar or a little bit more, much cheaper than even a kuznetsov class carrier & Russia could get two of them & in the future if Russia would develop a VTOL aircraft they could turn the carrier into a light CV, they could then make back some of the money spent on developing the VTOL aircraft by exporting it, Turkey wanted to use it's TCG Anadolu as a light CV so I'm sure they would like to buy a Russian VTOL fighter, China too has the Type 075 & would also be another potential buyer.
That exactly how it will be. This year before Victory Day (May, 9) in Kerch, Crimea, 2 big helicopter carriers will be laid. They will be bigger than French Mistral-class.

That exactly how it will be. This year before Victory Day (May, 9) in Kerch, Crimea, 2 big helicopter carriers will be laid. They will be bigger than French Mistral-class.

hopefully that will be the case, because whenever we hear about an upcoming ship we wait for it several years & it's nowhere to be seen like that Super Gorshkov destroyer, so I will hold my breath for this one, personaly I think they would be better off cooperating with China on this one, they could make a deal with China to buy two type 075 LHDs, the first one would be built in China & the second one could be built in Russia.

Russia has little population. Russia don't want to match the US in navy. I think a couple of light carriers is enough.

Frigate "Admiral Kasatonov" pr. 22350 at sea trials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom