What's new

Pakistan Navy detects another Indian Kalvari class submarine

Since Pakistan has detected this for the 4th time, PN should know the acoustic signatures of it perfectly making it basically a useless sub in war?

@HRK

I am pretty sure the submarine was travelling openly and had no intention to submerge as it was on a "Show of Might" mission and wanted to be seen by Pakistanis.

Indian Navy frequently carries out Show of Might missions with Kolkata class destroyers and Scorpene submarines to intimidate adversaries.

Last edited:
I am not an expert but submarines aren't supposed to be detected, isn't that the whole point. On the other hand we shouldn't be exposing our own capabilities like that, Indians should keep thinking that they aren't under our watch.

It's fine, indians already knew the capabilities.
That's why they tried destroying our P3s during the Mehran base attack.

Agosta has AIP while Scorpenes don't.

Agosta is superior to Scorpenes.

India did not opt for French MESMA AIP as India found them and all other Sterling cycle AIP not suitable for Arabian sea, Bay of Bengal, IOR as it was meant for cooler waters, in warmer waters MESMA AIP makes a lot of noise totally destroying stealth capabilities of submarine and thus enemies can easily detect it.

I think the patch was made earlier as the latest sitting duck hasn't been added
We don't advertise every sub we detect, track & force to surface. ASW is a patient task & one done best in silence both literally & figuratively.

1646309556244.png

Last edited:
Not taking away any credit from the pilot and crew of the plane but this kind of information can't come without Appara boys first knowing that where submarine is headed. So I agree with @The Eagle

Yes we can't hit it if it is not in our waters. But, we can hit a something near it.
We cant hit them even if its in our waters
Unless there are within 25-50miles from boarder karachi
Even then norms will be not to sink it

OK, it is the fourth detection, why Pakistan is not responsive to such provocation? Why we are not taking it up in UN?
Believe me, if India got that chance they won't take a minute to blow it. Remember the 'Atlantique Incidence'; we are always in habit of playing defensive and safe.

I am pretty sure the submarine was travelling openly and had no intention to submerge as it was on a "Show of Might" mission and wanted to be seen by Pakistanis.

Indian Navy frequently carries out Show of Might missions with Kolkata class destroyers and Scorpene submarines to intimidate adversaries.

1646312610406.png

You clearly have no clue about submarine warfare.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom