What's new

MRTP-33 Fast Attack Boats

According to Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry (SSM), A new MRTP series FAC is on the way. The new boat would be called MRTP-41. The specifications revealed by SSM is like following...

-45m and 500-600t
-50+ knot max. speed
-Reduced radar/IR signature
-High Manouverability
-Surface-to-Surface Missiles/Medium Calibre Guns (76/57/50mm?)

mrpt40mx1.jpg

Probably it will looks like this.

3Mart2001.jpg

This one seems more likely the next version .

It is a modern patrol boat with ASW capability(Mortar and Depth Charges). It is for inshore patrol missions. It does not fill in our FAC role.

It is a modern patrol boat with ASW capability(Mortar and Depth Charges). It is for inshore patrol missions. It does not fill in our FAC role.

IMO Jigs while it is not classed as a FAC it can still be used for surprise and high speed attacks since the YTKB has the minimum of 25 knot speed requirements for FACs it is also stealth so this beuaty aint no simple patrol boat.

IMO Jigs while it is not classed as a FAC it can still be used for surprise and high speed attacks since the YTKB has the minimum of 25 knot speed requirements for FACs it is also stealth so this beuaty aint no simple patrol boat.

Except it has to surprise you with its cannon going 25 knots.

Kilic 2 can suprise you going 42 knots from 30km away with Harpoon SSM.
P333.jpg

These are curcial differences that make a Fast attack craft different then a Patrol boat.

YTKB however does have a sonar and ASW capability and that is a great feature to have and inline with its role.

Except it has to surprise you with its cannon going 25 knots.

Kilic 2 can suprise you going 42 knots from 30km away with Harpoon SSM.
P333.jpg

These are curcial differences that make a Fast attack craft different then a Patrol boat.

YTKB however does have a sonar and ASW capability and that is a great feature to have and inline with its role.

Yeah a true FAC is way more deadly then a OPV but given the YTKB main armament for surface combat is just below max visual range and that it is stealth it can really hurt anything that it can sneak up on given the oppositions reaction times it may not even be able to retaliate and the Kilic can be detected way off allowing the enemy to react and possible fire first?

Correct me if I am wrong but the Kilic is lacking any stealth tech, yes?

Yeah a true FAC is way more deadly then a OPV but given the YTKB main armament for surface combat is just below max visual range and that it is stealth it can really hurt anything that it can sneak up on given the oppositions reaction times it may not even be able to retaliate and the Kilic can be detected way off allowing the enemy to react and possible fire first?

Correct me if I am wrong but the Kilic is lacking any stealth tech, yes?

No the kilic has stealth reduction measures taken especially if you look at the angled bow and how low it is along with the sloped cannon.

img_33_31506_3

49_753_YTKB-2b.jpg

YTKB has measures taken around the bridge and angled the sides.

I wouldn't be comfortable sending the YTKB after ships with its cannon. TBH maybe small patroal boats but the main purpose of this craft is keep around harbors and important naval bases and patrol and conduct ASW duties. The kilic is a hit and run type of craft it will come in fast launch a missile at the target and maneuver away while the enemy is trying to deal with the oncoming threat.

Is not the YTKB stealth tech from it's shape + the coating that our scientists have developed? IE the same tech as found on the Milgem?

Ok it's getting off topic but I would like to point out to my Pakistani friends that unlike the MRTP the YTKB is not modular so it's not in the same family of ships although both are equipped with stealth characteristics.

Update: One last thought between the Kilic and YTKB I would think that our "friendly" neighbors would have eliminated the advantage the Kilic gave us when it first entered service, I would surmise that they would have found a counter to the stealth tech by now.

both the ordered boats have been received and are in active service!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom