What's new

Islamic Monuments in India - Whose Legacy?

Do Islamic monuments in India belong to Pakistani history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of all the topics I have read discussions on this forum, I think this topic is easily the most stupid & irr-relevant. Someone seems to have run out of ideas or is simply attempting to stoke a fire.

History belongs to the land where the events took place or the people that were affected by it.

What shall we discuss next ? " Does the wind that blows that over India from the west belong to Pakistan "?

Ok. 2 people seem to have voted "Yes". Whoever it is please present your views and reasons here.

I just noticed one thing:

The poll title and the thread title are different.

Of all the topics I have read discussions on this forum, I think this topic is easily the most stupid & irr-relevant. Someone seems to have run out of ideas or is simply attempting to stoke a fire.

History belongs to the land where the events took place or the people that were affected by it.

What shall we discuss next ? " Does the wind that blows that over India from the west belong to Pakistan "?

Exactly, so why does Pakistani history belong to the people of India according to most Indians on this board?

I completely agree with AgnosticMuslim and RoadRunner on this matter.

Let me clear a few misconceptions here.
I think better suited words would be 'let me raise some controversy'

The vast majority of Islamic monuments in India were built by Indian architects, sculptors, calligraphy artists, workers, and funds.
Why did Indian sculptors suddenly stoped building similar monuments ?
How many funds are allocated for building Islamic monuments in the budget of Y-2008?

How many funds are allocated for building Islamic monuments in the budget of Y-2008?

Indian government does not allocate money to build any religious structures.
Why should it?

Exactly, so why does Pakistani history belong to the people of India according to most Indians on this board?

Events / actions that took place before 1947 belonged to Indians , Pakistanis & Bangladeshis. We were all affected by it.

History is like our parents or ancestory..and cannot be divided, only shared.The memories may or maynot be pleasant.

Events / actions that took place before 1947 belonged to Indians , Pakistanis & Bangladeshis. We were all affected by it.

History is like our parents or ancestory..and cannot be divided, only shared.The memories may or maynot be pleasant.

That is seriously a narrow minded explanation. 1.6 billion people do not share the same history.

What happened on the land of Pakistan belongs to the people who have always lived there, i.e the people known as Pakistanis. You are blatantly using double meanings to credit the modern People of India the history of the entire subcontinent.

Actions that took place in Baluchistan do not belong to Indians, regardless of what year it was, same with actions that took place in every other Pakistani city. 1947 politics doesnt change ancient history. Lets try and talk sense here.

Sure there is some overlapping, Certain Muslim history in North India, certain Sikh history in Lahore. But try not and abuse this.

Why did Indian sculptors suddenly stoped building similar monuments ?

Because the Brits came and dismantled the Mughal empire. You need an empire to build monuments. I think that much is obvious.

When was the last "similar" Islamic Monument built in Pakistan?

The government of India does not allocate any funds for the building of religious monuments.
All funding is used for secular public structures and maintaining the heritage structures.

Seriously, where are you from buddy?

Actually, the events and monuments which were built during the course of history belongs to the rulers who ruled then.

That apart, by the yardstick of convoluted logic on show, one could say Lahore or the area from Khyber Pass to Jammu and Sindh to Tibet etc captured by the Ahluwalia Msl belongs to the Sikhs?

Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalia

Forgotten hero: Jassa Singh Ahluwalia - DiscoverSikhi.Com

Or that India and Pakistan and all its monuments belong to the UK if indeed one goes by the title.

I am aware that it is hardly logical, but then with the logic of the title of the thread, anything would and should logical!!

It is neither stupid nor irrelevant. There are quite a few Pakistanis who think that they are the inheritors of all the real estate in India with Allah's name on it, Webmaster included.

What I want to know, is why.

You have to realize that history isn't a chocolate cake to be cut in to wedges and distributed.

However, we are forced to do it, because of prevailing nationalist attitudes.

Salim and Cactuslilly have the right idea.

It is neither stupid nor irrelevant. There are quite a few Pakistanis who think that they are the inheritors of all the real estate in India with Allah's name on it, Webmaster included.

What I want to know, is why.

And would I be wrong to believe that they believe that Indians of the Islamic faith are irrelevant to the issue and are inconsequential and only relevant when something unfortunate happens in India?

I would like to add that Pakistan is not the sole inheritors of Islam of undivided India. The Indians of Islamic faith and also the Bangladeshis are also of the Islamic faith and very relevant!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom