What's new

India’s Relations with Pakistan, China, U.S., Russia Ft. Pravin Sawhney

What is the story ?
Golden old days. Zia was President (good or not) and army chief. One of the best army commander and strategist I guess. Anyway, he completely kept CIA and Congress out of loop of Mujahideen. ISI distributed money and weapons whom they saw fit.

Congress was furious that where weapon and money is going as they have no control. So, one congressman came and insisted to visit some refugee camp. ISI clearly aid no and then CIA requested that he is an important person in terms of funding allocation.

So ISI erected one fake camp and let the congressman visit that camp, giving him 'triumph' he needed. Otherwise, no US personal was allowed to pass Peshawar.

This is a feel good moment for PDF Pakistanis in this tough time as their favourite defense analyst is in Pakistan. We rarely see any Indian analyst in Pakistan discussing about anything.
Please take him to your nuclear sites too to get more intelligent analysis.
Bhai.
Why do you have a broken heart. Come to Pakistan and see us. We will mend it . The problem remains a mistrust of nearly 8decades. Pakistan realizes that India is a much bigger power and wants to live in peace. However one way or another Kashmir needs to be decided and we need to move on from there. Once Kashmir gets decided we can establish diplomatic relations, trade and cultural exchanges. There need not be war between the 2 nations. However, we will not be subjugated or dictated to and want to live as equals.
A

Golden old days. Zia was President (good or not) and army chief. One of the best army commander and strategist I guess. Anyway, he completely kept CIA and Congress out of loop of Mujahideen. ISI distributed money and weapons whom they saw fit.

Congress was furious that where weapon and money is going as they have no control. So, one congressman came and insisted to visit some refugee camp. ISI clearly aid no and then CIA requested that he is an important person in terms of funding allocation.

So ISI erected one fake camp and let the congressman visit that camp, giving him 'triumph' he needed. Otherwise, no US personal was allowed to pass Peshawar.

Source for this ? Because it is probably a myth as White House and Congress clearly knew where the money and the weapons were going - to the so-called mujahideen for whom the ISI of that time was a channel.
E8-Ngg4VoAIUNa-

Here is a glowing tribute to Osama bin Laden by a Western newspaper including that criminal's tall tales :

6 December 1993: Anti-Soviet warrior puts his army on the road to peace​

Robert Fisk is the first western journalist to interview Osama bin Laden, ‘the Saudi businessman’ overseeing large-scale building work in Sudan​

Wednesday 04 November 2020 01:36

<p>Bin Laden in Sudan in 1993</p>

Bin Laden in Sudan in 1993
(Robert Fisk)

Osama bin Laden sat in his gold-fringed robe, guarded by the loyal Arab mujahedin who fought alongside him in Afghanistan. Bearded, taciturn figures – unarmed, but never more than a few yards from the man who recruited them, trained them and then dispatched them to destroy the Soviet army – they watched unsmiling as the Sudanese villagers of Almatig lined up to thank the Saudi businessman who is about to complete the highway linking their homes to Khartoum for the first time in history.

With his high cheekbones, narrow eyes and long brown robe, Mr bin Laden looks every inch the mountain warrior of mujahedin legend. Chadored children danced in front of him, preachers acknowledged his wisdom. “We have been waiting for this road through all the revolutions in Sudan,” a sheikh said. “We waited until we had given up on everybody – and then Osama bin Laden came along.”

Outside Sudan, Mr Bin Laden is not regarded with quite such high esteem. The Egyptian press claims he brought hundreds of former Arab fighters back to Sudan from Afghanistan, while the western embassy circuit in Khartoum has suggested that some of the “Afghans” whom this Saudi entrepreneur flew to Sudan are now busy training for further jihad wars in Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt. Mr Bin Laden is well aware of this. “The rubbish of the media and the embassies,” he calls it. “I am a construction engineer and an agriculturalist. If I had training camps here in Sudan, I couldn’t possibly do this job.”

And “this job” is certainly an ambitious one: a brand-new highway stretching all the way from Khartoum to Port Sudan, a distance of 1,200km (745 miles) on the old road, now shortened to 800km by the new bin Laden route that will turn the coastal run from the capital into a mere day's journey. Into a country that is despised by Saudi Arabia for its support of Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War almost as much as it is condemned by the United States, Mr Bin Laden has brought the very construction equipment that he used only five years ago to build the guerrilla trails of Afghanistan.

He is a shy man. Maintaining a home in Khartoum and only a small apartment in his home city of Jeddah, he is married – with four wives – but wary of the press. His interview with The Independent was the first he has ever given to a western journalist, and he initially refused to talk about Afghanistan, sitting silently on a chair at the back of a makeshift tent, brushing his teeth in the Arab fashion with a stick of miswak wood. But talk he eventually did about a war which he helped to win for the Afghan mujahedin: “What I lived in two years there, I could not have lived in a hundred years elsewhere,” he said.

When the history of the Afghan resistance movement is written, Mr Bin Laden’s own contribution to the mujahedin – and the indirect result of his training and assistance – may turn out to be a turning-point in the recent history of militant fundamentalism; even if, today, he tries to minimise his role. “When the invasion of Afghanistan started, I was enraged and went there at once – I arrived within days, before the end of 1979,” he said. “Yes, I fought there, but my fellow Muslims did much more than I. Many of them died and I am still alive.”
Four more bombs were dropped from a Russian plane on our headquarters but they did not explode. We beat the Soviet Union. The Russians fled
Osama bin Laden

Within months, however, Mr Bin Laden was sending Arab fighters – Egyptians, Algerians, Lebanese, Kuwaitis, Turks and Tunisians – into Afghanistan; “not hundreds but thousands,” he said. He supported them with weapons and his own construction equipment. Along with his Iraqi engineer, Mohamed Saad – who is now building the Port Sudan road – Mr Bin Laden blasted massive tunnels into the Zazi mountains of Bakhtiar province for guerrilla hospitals and arms dumps, then cut a mujahedin trail across the country to within 15 miles of Kabul.

“No, I was never afraid of death. As Muslims, we believe that when we die, we go to heaven. Before a battle, God sends us seqina, tranquillity.

“Once I was only 30 metres from the Russians and they were trying to capture me. I was under bombardment but I was so peaceful in my heart that I fell asleep. This experience has been written about in our earliest books. I saw a 120mm mortar shell land in front of me, but it did not blow up. Four more bombs were dropped from a Russian plane on our headquarters but they did not explode. We beat the Soviet Union. The Russians fled.”
But what of the Arab mujahedin whom he took to Afghanistan – members of a guerrilla army who were also encouraged and armed by the United States – and who were forgotten when that war was over? “Personally neither I nor my brothers saw evidence of American help. When my mujahedin were victorious and the Russians were driven out, differences started [between the guerrilla movements] so I returned to road construction in Taif and Abha. I brought back the equipment I had used to build tunnels and roads for the mujahedin in Afghanistan. Yes, I helped some of my comrades to come here to Sudan after the war.”
How many? Osama bin Laden shakes his head. “I don’t want to say. But they are here now with me, they are working right here, building this road to Port Sudan.” I told him that Bosnian Muslim fighters in the Bosnian town of Travnik had mentioned his name to me. “I feel the same about Bosnia,” he said. “But the situation there does not provide the same opportunities as Afghanistan. A small number of mujahedin have gone to fight in Bosnia-Herzegovina but the Croats won’t allow the mujahedin in through Croatia as the Pakistanis did with Afghanistan.”

Thus did Mr Bin Laden reflect upon jihad while his former fellow combatants looked on. Was it not a little bit anticlimactic for them, I asked, to fight the Russians and end up road-building in Sudan? “They like this work and so do I. This is a great plan which we are achieving for the people here, it helps the Muslims and improves their lives”.

His Bin Laden company – not to be confused with the larger construction business run by his cousins – is paid in Sudanese currency which is then used to purchase sesame and other products for export; profits are clearly not Mr Bin Laden’s top priority.

How did he feel about Algeria, I asked? But a man in a green suit calling himself Mohamed Moussa – he claimed to be Nigerian although he was a Sudanese security officer – tapped me on the arm. “You have asked more than enough questions,” he said. At which Mr Bin Laden went off to inspect his new road.

Following the death of Robert Fisk on 30 October 2020, The Independent has reproduced some of his best dispatches from 30 years of reporting

Source for this ? Because it is probably a myth as White House and Congress clearly knew where the money and the weapons were going - to the so-called mujahideen for whom the ISI of that time was a channel.
E8-Ngg4VoAIUNa-

Here is a glowing tribute to Osama bin Laden by a Western newspaper including that criminal's tall tales :
Man.. these things have no sources and why wd they. Nope, in 80s/90s, CIA was complete aloof from the Mujahideen recruitment, distribution etc. I may find a clip of some ex-serviceman revealing that. Try major Amir on YouTube. I have a lecture in 40 minutes :) .

Man.. these things have no sources and why wd they. Nope, in 80s/90s, CIA was complete aloof from the Mujahideen recruitment, distribution etc. I may find a clip of some ex-serviceman revealing that. Try major Amir on YouTube. I have a lecture in 40 minutes :) .

Yes, finish your lecture :tup: but you may be right to the extent that CIA and MI6 had left the job of recruiting the psychopaths and war-criminals called Afghan Mujahideen into the hands of the then ISI just like how Western Capitalist companies now send out unpleasant and inconvenient software development work and minor hardware development work to Indian companies. :) I will watch Major Amir's info but I will judge it from my own sensibility. :)

One thing I must admire about these Congress/Gandhi family lapdogs even in the toughest and most desperate times these people don't talk ill of the Congress and stand with them firmly, that's the kind of loyalty the Congress have bred in their 60 years rule on india

Why should we? Congress is the most patriotic party of India.

All other parties have sold outs and working for foreign powers.

This is a feel good moment for PDF Pakistanis in this tough time as their favourite defense analyst is in Pakistan. We rarely see any Indian analyst in Pakistan discussing about anything.
Please take him to your nuclear sites too to get more intelligent analysis.

He’s the Indian response to Tarek Fatah :lol:

He is a true patriot like me.

Parvin Sawhney is the biggest con artist

Punjabhis like Parvin Sawhney and South Indians like me love Pakistan.

Please take him to your nuclear sites too to get a more intelligent analysis.
Jokes aside he is the only clever sane Indian left in the population of 1.2 billion. Rest are just like you. He is more patriotic and useful to India than you. The reality is that you are not ready to swallow that bitter pill.
I am glad he came to my city and I want to personally welcome him with open arms. I know he is a patriotic indian so what that doesn't bother me as long as he is not a mad dog like RSS , BJP and indians who follow such ideology.

India’s Relations with Pakistan, China, U.S., Russia Ft. Pravin Sawhney

In conversation with Pravin Sawhney, Editor Force Magazine, this episode of The Pakistan Pivot discusses India’s politics, foreign policy, and global world order. It explains India’s relations with Pakistan, China, U.S., and Russia. What is the India of today? How is India governed? Is Congress no longer a part of Indian politics? Can India become a regional and superpower? What is India’s foreign policy? Why does India see China as a threat and compete with it rather than as a partner for cooperation? What is the Quad doing about the Indo-Pacific and how does India view the group? Where is the world order headed? What is BRI’s flagship project CPEC doing? What are India-U.S. relations? What are India-Russia relations? What does the Indian Missile Launch into Pakistan tell us about Indian capacity as a nuclear state? How do you see India-Pakistan relations in 2050?

00:00 Introduction
00:32 India of today
02:33 India’s governance
04:45 Congress and BJP
07:42 Is India a superpower?
11:03 China as a threat to India
14:15 India vs China
15:57 Future of India-China relations
17:29 The Quad
21:19 Bipolar world order
26:44 Pak-China economic development
36:22 India-U.S. relations
41:46 Russia-Ukraine War and India-Russia relations
47:49 BRICS summit
51:09 Indian Missile Launch into Pakistan
57:19 India-Pakistan trade
59:54 India-Pakistan relations in 2050
01:00:57 Conclusion

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @TNT @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @Dazzler @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Tipu7 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @White and Green with M/S @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @tower9 @Joe Shearer @jamahir @Wood @SuvarnaTeja @Syama Ayas @Sudarshan
When our enemies accept it that they are removing IK to stop the progress Pakistan will have in CPEC and in independent foreign policy. What more proof do you need??

Jokes aside he is the only clever sane Indian left in the population of 1.2 billion. Rest are just like you. He is more patriotic and useful to India than you. The reality is that you are not ready to swallow that bitter pill.
I am glad he came to my city and I want to personally welcome him with open arms. I know he is a patriotic indian so what that doesn't bother me as long as he is not a mad dog like RSS , BJP and indians who follow such ideology.
I have a long list of sane Pakistanis living abroad. You have just found one Indian. Lol

I know you follow Ashok Swine. 🤣🤣
I like Ravish kumar, newslaundary, deshbhakt, but didn't listen ashok.. for defence, there is one DD program in eng, then sometimes 'rakhwale' (of AajTak/lallantop), sometimes AIM, and for sure Pravin .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom