What's new

Greek invents UAV-killing laser-shooting vehicle, sells it to Turkey

From what I read,Sukos said he had had an offer in France,in the past. So it's not something recent.

Honestly It is not a system to be taken seriously. İt is just a modified BTR with simple laser.

Honestly It is not a system to be taken seriously. İt is just a modified BTR with simple laser.
We did shoot down a Chinese Wing Loong in Libya with such a system.

In fact I believe we are the first country to shoot down an aircraft of any kind in combat using lasers.

From what I read,Sukos said he had had an offer in France,in the past. So it's not something recent.
The question is what he might have sold Turkey

Knowing that we already use tactical AA lasers, what could he have offered?

Last edited:
We did shoot down a Chinese Wing Loong in Libya with such a system.

In fact I believe we are the first country to shoot down an aircraft of any kind in combat using lasers.
True, there are not many countries that have a laser system wich can hit a moving target with a range of 3-5km, only USA, China, Israel and Turkey. Even you and I can make an ordinary laser, but the most important thing is that this laser in the open air should be able to hit its moving target without being affected by cold,moist weather

True, there are not many countries that have a laser system wich can hit a moving target with a range of 3-5km, only USA, China, Israel and Turkey. Even you and I can make an ordinary laser, but the most important thing is that this laser in the open air should be able to hit its moving target without being affected by cold,moist weather
He says his system has a range of 26 kilometers... I'm wondering how true that is

What makes you think that the Greek one can't be better than that?
A simple Greek defense company cannot pass the point that we and other countries have barely reached for more than 10 years. Even if they have passed, they would show their success by shooting target drones with this laser system in exercises.

Also:

He says his system has a range of 26 kilometers... I'm wondering how true that is
The further you fire lasers, the less effective they become, "range" for laser systems isn't really an absolute thing.

Anyways, is this thing a chemical laser?

The further you fire lasers, the less effective they become, "range" for laser systems isn't really an absolute thing.

It is normal laser as you can see..
There is only single test shot and it burns plate just few meters away

Obviously I meant destructive range.

I don't know how much the power scales over distance. Taking 3 seconds to burn a target at basically point-blank range, at 10 kilometers maybe you'll need 15 seconds? I don't know but it should be easy to calculate.

About the second part, what does the blue-ish color of the light tell you?

A simple Greek defense company cannot pass the point that we and other countries have barely reached for more than 10 years. Even if they have passed, they would show their success by shooting target drones with this laser system in exercises.

Also:
Our laser seems to be invisible.

I'm guessing ours is much more powerful despite not having a huge optical instrument.

Besides ours is much more heterosexual because as everyone knows, colorful lights are gay. 🌈 🇬🇷

Last edited:
It looks ridiculous. Like I've said in other threads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom