World Bank to help Dasu Dam construction

Shabaz Sharif

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
May 18, 2014, 2:22 pm

hr.png

1400404936-5262.jpg

Islamabad- World Bank has assured today to extend cooperation in the construction of Dasu Dam.
The assurance was given by country Director of the Bank Richard Ben-messaoud while talking to Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.

The project will be completed at the cost of four billion dollars. The bank also assured to extend cooperation in other projects, particularly those in the energy sector. Shahbaz Sharif appreciated the World Bank cooperation in Pakistan's energy, education, health, irrigation and other sectors.

World Bank to help Dasu Dam construction

$4 billion mean Phase-I of Dasu dam will be build which will generate 2150mw. While Phase-II which will generate additional 2150mw will be build after Basha dam is completed.

This is expected news but still no money yet. I had heard World Bank will release initial funds for Dasu Dam in May this year...

This is expected news but still no money yet. I had heard World Bank will release initial funds for Dasu Dam in May this year...

Funds for Dasu by WB are already approved. But Pakistan will face difficulty financing Basha dam, Middle East banks and internal resources are best option at this point.

Funds for Dasu by WB are already approved. But Pakistan will face difficulty financing Basha dam, Middle East banks and internal resources are best option at this point.
I am not talking about funds being approved, I am talking about money in hand. The construction work on Dasu was supposed to begin this year and if my memory is correct, we are expecting funds from World Bank in May (this month).

I am not talking about funds being approved, I am talking about money in hand. The construction work on Dasu was supposed to begin this year and if my memory is correct, we are expecting funds from World Bank in May (this month).

World Bank already released over $1 billion last week. And yes construction for Dasu will start this year, in 3-4 months.

World Bank already released over $1 billion last week. And yes construction for Dasu will start this year, in 3-4 months.
The funds for Dasu dam has not been released so far, please correct me with credible source

The funds that you received earlier are for other purpose

The funds for Dasu dam has not been released so far, please correct me with credible source

Not for Dasu, but WB was assured funds for Dasu. Just not for Basha.

Not for Dasu, but WB was assured funds for Dasu. Just not for Basha.
Kya bhasha bhasha lagayi hoe hai yaar.. Maine bhasha ka zikar kiya hai poori discussion main :cry:

Are you misunderstanding me or what?

All I am saying that the funds for Dasu were approved ages ago but we were suppose to receive them in May 2014 if my memory is correct. You said it's already been given... I asked for proof and...... ?

Kya bhasha bhasha lagayi hoe hai yaar.. Maine bhasha ka zikar kiya hai poori discussion main :cry:

Are you misunderstanding me or what?

All I am saying that the funds for Dasu were approved ages ago but we were suppose to receive them in May 2014 if my memory is correct. You said it's already been given... I asked for proof and...... ?

By end of year they will release funds for Dasu along with other projects. Don't expect Pakistan to receive $4 billion at one go for Dasu alone. Phase-I of Dasu Dam will take good 5-6 years to be build.

will be approved on 29 may and released in july/august.
it will also depend upon this year budget, unless govt funds its part, it will be tough.

another blunder of nawaz sharif making pakistani's fool over a hydro electric project calling it as DAM and shelving the Diamir Basha Dam ...

dont make high expectation with corrupt governments they inaugurated basha Dam 2 times in 2007 musharaf's tenure then in 2011 in PPP tenure ... not even a single piece of ground work have been done for such a mega project they will surely take decades to make a single dam in pakistan

another blunder of nawaz sharif making pakistani's fool over a hydro electric project calling it as DAM and shelving the Diamir Basha Dam ...
We need Dasu as much as we need Diamer Bhasha

dont make high expectation with corrupt governments they inaugurated basha Dam 2 times in 2007 musharaf's tenure then in 2011 in PPP tenure ... not even a single piece of ground work have been done for such a mega project they will surely take decades to make a single dam in pakistan
The problem we are having about Diamer-Bhasha is the funds. It's not the will but lack of funds

Dasu on other case is a different matter. There are many potential investors and the project (Phase I) is likely to be completed within the next 5-6 years.

We need Dasu as much as we need Diamer Bhasha

The problem we are having about Diamer-Bhasha is the funds. It's not the will but lack of funds

Dasu on other case is a different matter. There are many potential investors and the project (Phase I) is likely to be completed within the next 5-6 years.

they will just talk about Dasu Hydro project too just like Diamir Basha Dam ..

Bhasha & Kala Bagh Dam are very important for Pakistan, WC is not financing Bhasha dam because of India & India is also trying their very best to stop Kala Bagh dam. Every one have already read the reports.

Back
Top Bottom