What's new

Who has the strongest Land Forces in ME?

The strongest of ME in total?

• Turkiye

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • İran

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • KSA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UAE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egypt

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • İsrael

Votes: 55 33.3%
  • Iraq

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Syria

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Firstly with all the respects to your countries we are not in ME and for the other topics i saw we are not islamic military. Even our army is the insurance of our secular Turkey.

For the topic i can say no one has more capability and potential then Turkey for the land forces operations. We got reason the keep some old junks in good shape even they are more costly than the new ones !! Just look our projects you will see why...
We are spending %1.5-1.7 of GDP to our military. This is joke for country like in our situation.

In next five years we' ll get through a breaking point. If we managed this projects that come from 10 years to a product i believe this topic will be useless.

And for the some unnecessary messages i saw; i am not even talk about our navy and air forces.. And their projects of course..

3-Turkey

*Turkey is new at those sector and working seriously hard/ pouring money and time to develop own family of surface to air missiles called Hisar. One of the most difficult mission Turkish engineers should overcame at the beggining was the heating problem of IIR seeker head during very high speeds. Engineers developed some solutions and overcame the problems. Second problem was to develop a dual pulse motor. It is also tested succesfully in recent days.

Hisar-MANPAD (tender process)
Hisar-A Low altitude (Under development/trials)
Hisar-O Medium altitude (Under development/trials)
Hisar-U Long altitude (Tender process)

Hisar-A
btf-2-1-foto1-1-jpg.235831.jpg

Hisar-O
Hisar-O.jpg

Turkey has decided to develop indigenous long range missile system instead of buying it from other nations.

“Instead of importing, the nation should focus on constructing indigenous long range missile system.” Turkey President Tayyip Erdogan said in an interview aired on private ATV and A Haber channels late on Nov. 18,

“Turkey cancelled the existing missile project tender with a recent decision by the Defense Industry Executive Committee so the country could focus on development of long-range missile defense system developed by indigenous means.” He added.

“We have been able to produce a lot of our armaments domestically. We were even not able to dream of this 13 years ago but we went beyond this,” Erdoğan was quoted as saying by Hurryet Daily News on Thursday.

“Turkey will even start soon to export armaments instead of “importing” them,” The president stated. However, the nation is currently producing missiles but the level of range is not up to the requirement.

“That’s what we have been negotiating at the moment; we want it to be both national and domestic and we want it to be ‘long range attack,’” he added.

The Undersecretariat of the Defense Industry (SSM) will work on this project and the project could be carried out either by opening a tender that might involve either China or France, or by an intergovernmental agreement, Erdoğan said.

Turkey has given up a tentative agreement to buy a $3.4 billion long range missile defense system from a Chinese company, ending a deal that ran for two years and had worried NATO allies.

Turkey Considers Developing Indigenous Long Range Missile System

Back
Top Bottom