What's new

Which Job is better Lecturer as BPS-18 or Assistant Engineer as SPS-08?

Ebrahem

New Recruit

Reaction score
My first thread, sorry if i have done anything wrong

It will be very helpful if anyone can guide me to make this decision
i have two options for Job
Lecturer (Phd in progress) as BPS-18 grade net pay 70k
Assistant engineer as SPS-08 net pay 60 plus with medical benefit and house hiring

Assistant engineer as SPS-08 net pay 60 plus with medical benefit and house hiring
Name the organisations please and your qualification.

but people are saying freedom is everything
Is there some bond? Bond dekh kr sign krna, recently a friend joined CAA, now isn't happy and 25 Lakh ka bond hai to kam to krna hai.

Asst. Engr gets to learn on the job. Practical experience se barh kr kch nhi for someone. Technical knowledge par I've seen people go to Gulf States and earn in Lakhs, even people with Diplomas, and even people with Engineering degrees

NDC and UET taxila field aeroelasticity currently doing phd coursework completed preparing for comprehensive
Please share the name of organisations from where you have received offers including job description.

Look at the professional growth prospects.
Look at 10 ~ 15yrs from now, with family responsibilities increasing, where would you like to be?

Please share the name of organisations from where you have received offers including job description.
From NDC to work as assistant engineer in field of mechanical
from UET to work as a lecturer to give lectures on fluid mechanics and gas dynamics with labs also to have an option of PhD from foreign with full pay and scholarship if length of service is more than 3 years

And Medical Benefit is a big thing, I've seen people who don't even expect it, find themselves or Family sick and Lakhon ka kharcha bachta hai

Don't just go for higher pay

NDC is better than UET because you will get a lot of practical experience and secondly you can also get foreign exposure from NDC.
Practical experience is better then teaching.You can also teach part time as a visiting faculty during your job at NDC. @Ebrahem

Go for what you like to do...Money will follow ..If family is not dependent on you

From NDC to work as assistant engineer in field of mechanical
from UET to work as a lecturer to give lectures on fluid mechanics and gas dynamics with labs also to have an option of PhD from foreign with full pay and scholarship if length of service is more than 3 years
What is your qualification MS Mechanical Engineering? If yes join NDC.

Also, main thing, go into teaching only if you want to. It's a very good career too, but only if you want to teach. If you don't want to teach, you won't be able to switch ever, so be careful

Look at the professional growth prospects.
Look at 10 ~ 15yrs from now, with family responsibilities increasing, where would you like to be?
well in SPS-08 job i got house hiring and medical benefit also as a federal employee i have access to federal employees benevolent fund which can help me in children education but on the bad side due to saturation chances of promotion are limiting day by day
whereas in UET if i serve more than 5 years then my children will be eligible to get admission in uet on special criteria of faculty but even if i will be able to get PhD i still have to publish papers throughout my career

What is your qualification MS Mechanical Engineering? If yes join NDC.
yup MS Mechanical

f
Go for what you like to do...Money will follow ..If family is not dependent on you
amily is dependent on me my brother is doing mechatronics engineering i have to bear his burden

Back
Top Bottom