Xian MA60

Manufacturer Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation - China
Introduced 2000
Status In production
Number built 41 (April 2010)
Unit cost $12.5 million

Xian MA60H-500 : A military cargo version of the MA-60

Nops and thanks.

We can't make ourselves another junkyard to induct aircrafts from all around the world and later have problems in maintaining them and getting spare parts all around the world.

And the first pic is a CN series aircraft not the Chinese MA series.

Nops and thanks.

We can't make ourselves another junkyard to induct aircrafts from all around the world and later have problems in maintaining them and getting spare parts all around the world.

And the first pic is a CN series aircraft not the Chinese MA series.

Sorry for the wrong picture! :coffee:

Yeah it would be a logistical nightmare to induct so many different planes...I think C130's are good enough.We should try to acquire few more..

First 7 C-130B delivered by the U.S. in early 1960s, a further 4 C-130B and 5 C-130E delivered later from Iran, 2 civilian versions (L-100-20) transferred from PIA and 2 more ex-USAF C-130B models.

All surviving B and E model aircraft modified with addition of Allison T56-A-15 turboprops and extended fatigue lives by Lockheed-Georgia Co. at Marietta by 1987.

At least 7 attritional losses pre-1988 and 1 more in 1988.

Sale of 6 ex-Australian C-130E with wing/engine/avionics upgrades, plus 1 aircraft for spare parts, concluded with U.S. in September 2004.

I wanted to mention one thing that i want to post and hear comments from senior as well as moderators on the topic that should PAC join the Y-9(transport aircraft similar to C-130J's) as a 25% partner ship as well as Y-8. In order to gain some knowledge as well as replace very old C-130 B's& E's and other aircraft like foker, altantique berkuit and not to buy CN-235,Saab-2000's and older P-3C's. And try put systems of Erieye on Y-8 as awacs and MPA systems with ability to deploy weapons like P-3C's and may be BVR's too from france or germany or U.K or even sweden. In this we can induct more planes for transportation purpose and self-defence but with a cost that will generate economics activity in our country as Y-8 and Y-9 will be manufactured at PAC. I don't want to blame PAC but i want to say that GOP should provide them the money to join these projects with china and also to bring our PAC manufacturing to at least from 20% parts manufacturing to close to 80%(with some local private suppliers) and especially to give money to produce JF-17 without China's assistance. Also i want to mention that tey must provide money to build Heavy electrical complex(which i think is for doing electronic R&D for the pak military) and heavy engine complex( which i think is for doing engines and other precision components R&D for the pak military)

I wanted to mention one thing that i want to post and hear comments from senior as well as moderators on the topic that should PAC join the Y-9(transport aircraft similar to C-130J's) as a 25% partner ship as well as Y-8. In order to gain some knowledge as well as replace very old C-130 B's& E's and other aircraft like foker, altantique berkuit and not to buy CN-235,Saab-2000's and older P-3C's. And try put systems of Erieye on Y-8 as awacs and MPA systems with ability to deploy weapons like P-3C's and may be BVR's too from france or germany or U.K or even sweden. In this we can induct more planes for transportation purpose and self-defence but with a cost that will generate economics activity in our country as Y-8 and Y-9 will be manufactured at PAC. I don't want to blame PAC but i want to say that GOP should provide them the money to join these projects with china and also to bring our PAC manufacturing to at least from 20% parts manufacturing to close to 80%(with some local private suppliers) and especially to give money to produce JF-17 without China's assistance. Also i want to mention that tey must provide money to build Heavy electrical complex(which i think is for doing electronic R&D for the pak military) and heavy engine complex( which i think is for doing engines and other precision components R&D for the pak military)

Well whatever you said is important, but it all needs money, and good amount of money, as its not short term measures, rather long run. Money for infrastructure as well as training and establishment of human resource.

From what I have gathered, the Y-9 program has either been halted or canceled, rather the Y-8F600 has taken its place.

We can't make each and everything here in Pakistan, as said needs lot of human resource and technological infrastructure, which is a very long term program and education is gonna play a major role in that.

Our transport requirements are not very heavy, as major of the forces are deployed close to the Indian border already, thus not heavy transport requirements are needed. C-130s with smaller CN-235s can make up, plus a few IL-78 types are more then enough for heavy lift, we are no global reaching army nor have plans nor capacity, so our lift capability is restricted to Pakistan, a good road and rail network will further supplement the air transport capacity.

PAF should check up Y-8F600 models as they can come with P&W engines, British propeller system and Honeywell avionics and specifications are nearly same as the C-130 models, excluding the latest J models.

Making them inhouse would be an extra burden, we should for the time being concentrate on JF-17s and other little stuff and make parts for exports by getting outsourced orders.

Preference and importance should be given to own heavy engine development, as that is where we lack considerably. We are dependent on Ukrainian and German engines for our mechanized formations.

20-25 C-130s / Y-8F600s

Supported by 10-15 smaller CN-235 types

& 5-10 IL-78 kind of heavy lift or MRTT type of planes would be sufficient enough.

Helicopters is a section which we should look into.

How about C-130J?Why don't we try to get it?

Any idea about its price ??

Indian bought 6 of them for more then 1Billion US$s.

Its price is somewhere above 70M$s.

Hell of a price and too much when compared to what our requirements are.

Any idea about its price ??

Indian bought 6 of them for more then 1Billion US$s.

Its price is somewhere above 70M$s.

Hell of a price and too much when compared to what our requirements are.

70m oops.My bad.

This looks similar to Saab Erieye. my suggestion would be to use this aircraft for Chinese AWACS system.

Back
Top Bottom