What's new

What’s happening to Pakistan’s scientists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
India

I have posted this theory quite a few times. Whoever responded to it said, “It is not so.” But nobody told why it is not so.

I have a theory. Since you are acquainted with actual people on ground, you may be able to tell whether I am right or wrong.

I think some country’s intelligence agencies are doing this with the populace of Pakistan and Kashmir.

Searching, identifying and then literally killing the brightest (most intelligent) of the populace and sparing the rest.

That means filter out the best genes and leave out the lesser ones.

It means eliminating the cream and keeping alive the dummies.

It means selectively finish the smarter guys before they marry and pardon others.

If you keep doing this for decades, the chances of the victim country producing scientists will certainly reduce and it sabotages the economy.

Has this really happened? Did any intelligence agency really do this?

Last edited:

I have posted this theory quite a few times. Whoever responded to it said, “It is not so.” But nobody told why it is not so.

I have a theory. Since you are acquainted with actual people on ground, you may be able to tell whether I am right or wrong.

I think some country’s intelligence agencies are doing this with the populace of Pakistan and Kashmir.

Searching, identifying and then literally killing the brightest (most intelligent) of the populace and sparing the rest.

If you keep doing this for decades, the chances of the victim country producing scientists will certainly reduce and it sabotages the economy.

In Pakistan this has not yet happened.
Actually this is Israeli way of doing things. They did same in Iraq, Iran and now in Syria. But Pakistan is not in hostile relations with Israel now, so, yes for Pakistan its not so. For us, more dangerous thing is extraordinary people are leaving country on their own to get better opportunities in rest of the world.

For us, more dangerous thing is extraordinary people are leaving country on their own to get better opportunities in rest of the world.
Yes, exactly. But I think as the economic situation becomes better, they might stop leaving and work inside Pakistan.

What is happening to Pakistan's scientists u say??? They are being robbed of their jobs by nepotism in Pakistan...hence being forced to work in foreign countries where they are given better opportunities...
One more reason is that brilliant scientists like Dr Abdus Salam are being forced to leave Pakistan by calling them non-muslims and hence non-pakistani....
Others are subjected to charges of terrorism under US pressure like DR AFIA SIDDIQUI ,Dr Abdul Qadir Khan,etc

Yes, exactly. But I think as the economic situation becomes better, they might stop leaving and work inside Pakistan.
Its a major trend in Asia nowadays. Thousands and thousands leave India Pakistan China SriLanka Bangladesh, Iran, Israel and off course Russia each year. But thank God we have huge networks of professional producing machines (universities), so we seldom come short of professionals and other intellectuals.
Now, as the financial crisis getting deeper and deeper in west, and they are getting surplus numbers of "white" professionals, and emerging sentiments against colured people specially against browns, may be professionals from Asian countries have to do something in their own countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: PDF

It means selectively finish the smarter guys before they marry and pardon others.

Do you have any data on this from internet?

that is some really creepy sh*t bro....you have me worried :sad::ph34r:

But thank God we have huge networks of professional producing machines (universities), so we seldom come short of professionals and other intellectuals.
:agree:you wouldn't believe the amount of engineers they churn out in a year.....its like an infestation of engineers in the country:rolleyes:...there are just too much of them:disagree::disagree:

Who would do such a thing? India? No, because our intelligence agency is better and would bite back twice as hard, not to mention the risk of war.

Israel? No, same as above and they have no reason to.

Russia? Maybe back in the Cold War days, but still highly unlikely and definitely not now.

USA? No reason to, and again, we can very easily screw with them in Afghanistan.

I can't really think of anyone who would or could do such a thing. The real issue is that most bright Pakistani's move abroad to secure a better future.

Its a major trend in Asia nowadays. Thousands and thousands leave India Pakistan China SriLanka Bangladesh, Iran, Israel and off course Russia each year. But thank God we have huge networks of professional producing machines (universities), so we seldom come short of professionals and other intellectuals.
Now, as the financial crisis getting deeper and deeper in west, and they are getting surplus numbers of "white" professionals, and emerging sentiments against colured people specially against browns, may be professionals from Asian countries have to do something in their own countries.

Pakistan thinks it lacks engineers and scientists -- which is only partially true -- but what it lacks are opportunities. Pakistan is more keen on minting Ph.Ds in STEM areas rather than creating opportunities. And when I say opportunities, I mean development and research.

Reactions: SQ8
Because of south asia's society straining population there is very little capital left for the scientists, so most of the good scientists leave the country for the U.S and western europe. There is a massive brain drain going on in south asia and the middle east.

Sorry but this is nonsensical conspiratorial speculation. Pakistani 'intelligence' agencies have and do a number of nafarious and selfish things but this is not one of them.

But you have a point - why doesn't Pakistan produce scientists and scientific achievements.

It is no different from India's inability, with 1.4B population has hardly produced any olympic medal. Obviously this does not mean Indian athletic prospects are thwarted by some force.

I think it is simply a matter of emphasis, priority, funding and perseverance.

The above examples from India and Pakistan are examples of lack of emphasis, priority, funding and perseverance.

Positive example of emphasis, priority, funding and perseverance would be China's amazing accomplishments in olympics.

Nothing is happening to them just that there is no real motivation and no real funds....

I have a couple of scientists in my family and sure some are working overseas like in WHO and other NGOs while others are teaching in the uni for the next generation....However the funds in education is low sooo there isnt much going on keep your conspiracies in yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom