What's new

Wasn't the Abhay the next gen ICV ???

flanker143

Reaction score
Abhay has been in development since late 1990s ...... the hard work bore fruit and abhay is in an advanced stage of development .......

but now MoD has decided to start FICV competition in which 2 private and 1 public sector vendor will participate(and deliver new prototypes) leading to another 7-8 years of work ......

dont u guys feel that this will kill the abhay and the hard work behind all these years ??

1-714879.JPG

2-715735.JPG

3-716441.JPG

4-717297.JPG

5-718886.JPG

6-719603.JPG

7-720510.JPG

8-721939.JPG

:angry:most like yes , chances are that abhay may be thrown out, sadely.. i dont know these retarded MOD announce a project spend a decade in development ,fill their pockets and cancel it .. when this all aint enough they put a tender in the private sector to get more cream out of it.and the best part is if the project take long time they put all the blame on the sanctions.lol

most like yes , chances are that abhay may be thrown out, sadely.. i dont know these retarded MOD announce a project spend a decade in development ,fill their pockets and cancel it .. when this all aint enough they put a tender in the private sector to get more cream out of it.and the best part is if the project take long time they put all the blame on the sanctions.l

as far as specifications are concerned abhay is a far better icv than bmp2....

as far as specifications are concerned abhay is a far better icv than bmp2....
What I think personally is its time to have a wheeled ICV than a tracked one.

The wheeled ICV has more advantages than tracked coz it can be deployed quickly. It can move troops quickly has a better speed and lighter to transport buy transport planes. If you look at the other contemporary ICVs they all are wheeled and not tracked, apart from BMP3 russian which is wheeled. Its better for them to operate in plateus, but not in our mountaneous reasons.

As you can see BMP2 in First chechen war suffered heavli losses from RPGs and IEDs, I dont think Abhay will be a better option here, with its improved fire power.

I am not voting against Abhay, it can be mass produced when we want it, but at least Chinese IFVs are also tracked, may be army is looking for something on that angle.

The wheeled ICV has more advantages than tracked coz it can be deployed quickly. It can move troops quickly has a better speed and lighter to transport buy transport planes. If you look at the other contemporary ICVs they all are wheeled and not tracked, apart from BMP3 russian which is wheeled. Its better for them to operate in plateus, but not in our mountaneous reasons.

wheeled icv have advantage on road .....but what about off-road ... there tracked ones have adv...... they can negotiate bad terrain much better than wheeled ones....

Ah wheeled vs tracked...long time since I have seen this arguement....and I already know the result....bot have their own advantages and disadvantages.

wheeled icv have advantage on road .....but what about off-road ... there tracked ones have adv...... they can negotiate bad terrain much better than wheeled ones....
In tarrains wheeled ones are much better to manuevor are they are the ones that can take precise turns where a tracked one cant, similar reason for what the IA was interested in Stryker!!!

Abhay has been in development since late 1990s ...... the hard work bore fruit and abhay is in an advanced stage of development .......

but now MoD has decided to start FICV competition in which 2 private and 1 public sector vendor will participate(and deliver new prototypes) leading to another 7-8 years of work ......

dont u guys feel that this will kill the abhay and the hard work behind all these years ??

If I'm not wrong Abhay was only a demonstrator program proposed by DRDO and no officially wanted by IA. It could have been a nice and faast way to get upgraded BMP versions, but can't be taken as an NG IFV.

Can you provide more infos on FICV?

If I'm not wrong Abhay was only a demonstrator program proposed by DRDO and no officially wanted by IA. It could have been a nice and faast way to get upgraded BMP versions, but can't be taken as an NG IFV.

Can you provide more infos on FICV?

C'umon ....is drdo going to develop stuff only when army or other armed forces say so ??

So if a stuff is at a advanced stage of dev. then why a new competition !!

Bcoz any thing take alot of development time.... resuting in delays and the requirement is not fullfilled !!! name one big stuff that was ready ontime without delays.

nothing new,it is almost happening in the Indian defense sector for the past few yrs,they spend a lot of money,develop a weapon then someone in the MoD or armed forces percieves it is not up to the standards,scrap the project,start a new one or go for a foreign one,set back everything back to few more yrs and definitely fill ur pockets

C'umon ....is drdo going to develop stuff only when army or other armed forces say so ??

So if a stuff is at a advanced stage of dev. then why a new competition !!

Bcoz any thing take alot of development time.... resuting in delays and the requirement is not fullfilled !!! name one big stuff that was ready ontime without delays.

They can develop arms without of course and propose it to the army, but that doesn't mean that the army wants them, or it fits to there requirements. If IA really wants a new sophisticated, or even NG IVC, I don't think Abhay would be good enough. Can't tell you about the competition, that's why I asked about more infos to FICV.

Back
Top Bottom