What's new

US drone strike kills five militants: Officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

beggingwalker

BANNED
Reaction score
MIRANSHAH: A US drone strike targeting a militant compound killed five insurgents in the northwest tribal region of Pakistan near the Afghan border Thursday, security officials said.
“Two missiles were fired by a US drone on a compound used by militants in Spalga town near Miranshah and five militants have been killed,” a security official said.
The attack was confirmed by two other security officials in Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan region, known as a stronghold of Taliban and al Qaeda linked militants.
Security officials said several other militants were wounded but the exact number was not immediately known.
The latest attack came a week after US missiles killed Badar Mansoor, the most senior Pakistani in al Qaeda, one of America’s main targets in the country and wanted for attacks that killed scores of people.
Pakistani officials and a member of his group told AFP that Mansoor who reputedly sent fighters to Afghanistan and ran a training camp in North Waziristan, was killed in a drone strike near the Afghan border.
US officials say Pakistan’s tribal belt provides sanctuary to Taliban fighting in Afghanistan, al Qaeda groups plotting attacks on the West, Pakistani Taliban who routinely bomb Pakistan and other foreign fighters.
But the missile attacks fuel widespread anti-American resentment, which is running especially high in Pakistan since US air strikes inadvertently killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.
President Barack Obama last month confirmed for the first time that US drones have targeted Taliban and al Qaeda militants on Pakistani soil, a programme that has escalated under his administration.US drone strike kills five militants: Officials – The Express Tribune

Does it mean that... this drones remain in Pakistan's airspace all the time ..24 *7 ? Because only then they can see the militants ..isn't that the violation of pakistan's sovereginty ?

"beggingwalker

do you have the name of the "militants" or just because the shooting was from US drone is enough proof for you that they were bad guys?

"beggingwalker

do you have the name of the "militants" or just because the shooting was from US drone is enough proof for you that they were bad guys?

Firstly i quoted news and i think you should ask this to your generals.
btw,i think bombing is done after surveillance

Firstly i quoted news and i think you should ask this to your generals.
btw,i think bombing is done after surveillance

good that you clarified.

this forum is not just a copy paste site about news that are already in the web.

making a thumbs up and pasting unconfirmed stories is not only pointless but also fails the whole reason for having a discussion based on facts.

not on assumptions and typical Clichés like your generals should know and I should ask them.

therefore closing it before it becomes a troll fest of one liners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom