What's new

umpires, admin involved in fixing:modi

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
New Delhi: Terming Tuesday's spot-fixing verdict as just a tip of the iceberg, former Indian Premier Premier Chairman Lalit Modi said not only the players but umpires and administrators are also involved in the fixing menace.
"It's not only Players that fix matches. Sometimes there are Umpires too in connivance with administrators," Modi tweeted after a London court found banned Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif guilty of spot-fixing after 20 days of trial.

lalitmodi6_630.jpg

"It is the worst form of corruption. It makes everything else look pale," Modi added.
Modi, who was ousted from his post as IPL chairman following a financial irregularity being found in conducting the cash-rich tournament in 2010, said whosoever assisting fixing in whatever form should be equally blamed for the whole menace.
"People remotely assisting match/spot fixing or people preventing the information from coming out are equally to blame for this menace," Modi said.
Meanwhile, Modi declined to divulge more information on the issue as he is involved in a match-fixing case in a UK court.
"I can't talk much at the moment on this issue - as I am being sued by a Player - in the UK courts on my raising the issue of match-fixing. But soon the matter will go to court and we can expect many revelations about the way some players fix the matches.

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/modi-tweets-umpires-admin-involved-in-fixing/61186-13.html

Back
Top Bottom