What's new

U.S. Diplomat Launches Access English Program In Bahawalpur

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
U.S. Diplomat Launches Access English Program In Bahawalpur

Bahawalpur: U.S. Consulate Lahore Principal Officer Bryan D. Hunt emphasized "the need for better English communication skills in the contemporary world" as he formally launched the English ACCESS Micro-scholarship program in Bahawalpur on Tuesday.

"The success of ACCESS programs around the country encouraged us to expand it to Bahawalpur, where it will reach 300 students, and provide them with the English language skills so necessary to compete for college admissions and jobs," remarked Mr. Hunt after being received by Dr. Aslam Adeeb, Chairman of the Pakistan Reading Association. Under a one-year grant, the U.S. State Department is providing assistance worth $86,670 to the Pakistan Reading Association to teach English to 300 school children at five centers in Bahawalpur.

"Learning English through a program linked with the U.S. Consulate in Lahore will provide these bright students with a new window on American values and culture that will enhance trust and understanding between our two nations," stated the U.S. diplomat as he presented certificates of participation to students at the Government Boys Cantt High School, Kali Puli.

The English ACCESS Micro-scholarship Program is an initiative of the U.S. State Department that provides an American-style classroom experience to underprivileged youth around the world. The goal of this program is to adequately prepare bright students in written and spoken English so that they can gain admission to Pakistan’s universities, thus permitting them to compete more effectively with students who have studied in English-medium schools.

The first ACCESS program in Pakistan was started in 2004 in Lahore. Based on the extraordinary success of this pilot project, programs were also initiated in Karachi, Peshawar, Multan, Rawalpindi and Gwadar. Approximately 1500 students are benefiting from this program.

ONLINE - International News Network

Education is the key for solution of Every Problem in Pakistan.

I hope they will start a program like this in SWAT as well especially for Girls because there the Children have been deprived of their basic rights such as Education.

I hope SWAT problem will be solved soon.

Education is the key for solution of Every Problem in Pakistan.

I hope they will start a program like this in SWAT as well especially for Girls because there the Children have been deprived of their basic rights such as Education.

I hope SWAT problem will be solved soon.

I agree. Islam encourages education for all, boys, girls, everyone.

More useful would be Chinese classes.

You got that right. Pakistan and China will start many more business projects in the future. I suggest Chinese be taught in colleges and universities especially after Gwadar Port became functional..Pakistanis should try to learn Chinese to communicate with our friends and business partners.

we are very happy to have dear friends of Pak.

a suggestion is learning language on web forum like http://www.defence.pk/forums.

I found the forums teach me more effective than my English teacher.

Pakistan and China are friends forever and no one can break the friendship between the two close nations. Long Live China and Pakistan friendship and partnership :china::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom