What's new

Turkey Launches Amphibious Ship

Ghazwa e Hind

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

ANKARA — Turkey has launched a 140-meter-long amphibious ship at a high-profile ceremony.

cture_20151003_6434696_web1.jpg

The Bayraktar is the first of two landing ship tanks that Turkey’s procurement officials have commissioned. The vessel was designed, developed and built by a privately owned Turkish shipyard, Anadolu Tersanesi. The Bayraktar is expected to boost naval operational capabilities.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was present at the launch ceremony. He praised the country’s local industry for successful indigenous programs over the last 13 years.

Erdogan said that in 2002, 80 percent of Turkey’s military requirements were imported systems. Now, that figure is only 40 percent.

Meanwhile, Turkey’s procurement agency, the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), has issued a request for proposal for the acquisition of two naval assault boats.

SSM said that the composite- or aluminium-body boats would be procured from a local shipyard.

ANKARA — Turkey has launched a 140-meter-long amphibious ship at a high-profile ceremony.

cture_20151003_6434696_web1.jpg

The Bayraktar is the first of two landing ship tanks that Turkey’s procurement officials have commissioned. The vessel was designed, developed and built by a privately owned Turkish shipyard, Anadolu Tersanesi. The Bayraktar is expected to boost naval operational capabilities.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was present at the launch ceremony. He praised the country’s local industry for successful indigenous programs over the last 13 years.

Erdogan said that in 2002, 80 percent of Turkey’s military requirements were imported systems. Now, that figure is only 40 percent.

Meanwhile, Turkey’s procurement agency, the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), has issued a request for proposal for the acquisition of two naval assault boats.

SSM said that the composite- or aluminium-body boats would be procured from a local shipyard.
Mashallah, any good news for Turkey is good news for Pakistan; we are happy for our brothers.

Can PN have any use of this ship ?

if Pakistan want, Indonesia too had perfected the capability to built LST for long time

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanks for your offer, i will convey your message to Naval Chief. Will tell you after getting his reply. Please also tell me something about advance payment?

Thanks for your offer, i will convey your message to Naval Chief. Will tell you after getting his reply. Please also tell me something about advance payment?

your country can propose the advance payment through soft loan credit scheme offered by Indonesian Ministry of Trade and Industry

your country can propose the advance payment through soft loan credit scheme offered by Indonesian Ministry of Trade and Industry
above message was on the softer note :-) i love Indonesians because our Quaid e Azam paved path for good diplomatic relations in both countries even before the creation of Pakistan.

above message was on the softer note :-) i love Indonesians because our Quaid e Azam paved path for good diplomatic relations in both countries even before the creation of Pakistan.

Indonesia has exported two LPD for Philippine Navy, through credit scheme....

i think Pakistan Navy can afford that if they want

Indonesia has exported two LPD for Philippine Navy, through credit scheme....

i think Pakistan Navy can afford that if they want
Defense planners are thinking keenly on all these options and brother countries are always first options if weapon systems fulfill the high standards of Pakistani Armed Forces.

Back
Top Bottom