Thousands rally in support of PM Gilani in Quetta

p(-)0ENiX

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
APP
28th May 2012
ppp-rally-for-gilani-quetta-ppi-670.jpg

Activists of PPP are protesting to show their solidarity and support for Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani in Quetta on Monday. – Photo by PPI

Thousands rally in support of PM Gilani in Quetta

QUETTA: Thousands of PPP activists on Monday held a rally to express solidarity with Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani condemning the announcement of PML-N and PTI to move Supreme Court for disqualification of the prime minister.

Leaders of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and Balochistan ministers Mir Madad Ali Jatak and Jan Ali Changezi led the rally, which after marching on main thoroughfares of the provincial capital turned into a huge public gathering at Meezan Junction.

The participants, including PPP supporters, activists and leaders, were holding placards and banners inscribed with pro-democracy and pro-PM slogans.

The speakers said that the Pakistan Tahrik-i-Insaf (PTI) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) have been hatching conspiracies against the democratic government since it came into power.

They alleged that the opposition never wanted democracy to flourish in Pakistan and created an environment of confrontation.

They supported the ruling of National Assembly Speaker Dr Fahmida Mirza in the case of prime minister’s disqualification, saying it was in accordance with the Constitution. “It is deplorable that Nawaz Sharif and Imran Khan are misguiding the 180 million people of the country to get political mileage,” they added.

“We are the ones who initiated mega projects in Balochistan, granted huge share to the province in NFC Award and introduced Aghaze Haqooqe Balochistan package to resolve the grievances of the people.”

The 18th amendment was another achievement of the PPP-led coalition government, they stressed.

They noted that the PPP had struggled and sacrificed for the freedom of constitutional institutions and it would come in power in next election on the basis of relief it provided to the masses.

:woot: :angry: :hitwall: :butcher: :guns:

Seems to me that politics in Pakistan have not evolved, basically, street power is the substance of politics in Pakistan, and now since political parties also have armed wings, the conditions are ripe for armed politics --- the longer Pakistanis wait to correct this situation, that is to say, the longer they put off what is inevitable, the greater the damage to Pakistan or whatever will be left of it.

That is why i always blame people first....

They need to bring change in them before bringing change anywhere else. There would be no looters if people didn't elect them in the first place.

PPP is somewhat ideologically associated with Bhuttoism, whatever bhuttoism, they shift accordingly, I see no harm if PPP has support, after all there are beneficiaries of their rule too, and secondly we cannot converted each and every person to our views...

it's got nothing to do with evolving or being idiot/fools.

i guess the Support for PPP has almost collapsed all over pakisitan the bunch of people of people in Gilanis Favour doesn't seem to make a Big Number

Looks like an other PPP's Jialaaaaa....................in picture there are hardly...........20 Peoples............i think he is multiplying..............1 person with Thousand.............lolz :rofl:

Looks like an other PPP's Jialaaaaa....................in picture there are hardly...........20 Peoples............i think he is multiplying..............1 person with Thousand.............lolz :rofl:

Lol, I simply posted the article. If someone has any updated information regarding the number of people at the rally then please post it.

More like paid followers, most of these guys receive a bag of wheat or a thousand rupee for their service.

That just shows you how corrupt some people in are society are. They support people that destroyed their country simply for money.

well in pakistan ALL followers of ALL parties are blind! look at followers of PML N,PTI & MQM! they would kill each other if something is said to their leader!

so i don't blame them! i blame ALL PAKISTANIS! to them certain LEADERS can do no wrong no matter what!

As long as people dont start following a leader on merrit nothing can be changed.

getting a crowd is one of the easiest things in Indian subcontinent. people here are just waiting for an opportunity to protest on the road.

Back
Top Bottom