What's new

This Brilliant Idea From Pakistan To Help The Homeless Sleep Better Is Just What India Needs

Khan_21

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...p-better-is-just-what-india-needs-256566.html

Every year millions of people from different states migrate to other metropolitan cities in search of education, work and a better life. Most of them remain homeless and have to sleep on the footpath. This is not the story of just India, but many countries across the world that have a similar problem where there is not enough space for everyone to stay. Most of the people are out-of-town labourers who work during the day but have nowhere to sleep at night. Nowhere but the street.

billbed1_1465558839_725x725.jpg

YouTube

It's hard to believe but when the world goes to rest, these poor people start trying to find a spot on the pavement and roads to sleep. Some of them pray for the day to never end so that they don't have to face the night, because it is not easy to sleep on a bed of rocks.

billbed1_1465558896_725x725.jpg

YouTube

But this mattresses company called Master MoltyFoam from Pakistan has come up with a unique campaign in order to give such hard-working people a good night's sleep. They designed the world's first billbed, a simple billboard that advertises the company during the day and, with a flip, turns into a bed at night.

billbed2_1465558957_725x725.jpg

YouTube

Since last year, the company has set up more than 150 billbeds across Pakistan, providing more than 50,000 people a peaceful night. And they continue to add more billbeds across the country.

billbed3_1465558996_725x725.jpg

YouTube

Well, when will this brilliant idea be adapted in India? Think about it!

A very good step indeed. The irony of our unjust society and the economic system is that the people who build our country are homeless and I can't find a proper sleeping place but believe me these labourers sleep far more deeply than the corrupt elite in their mansions. Here is the WORKING video link :)

Last edited:
Good step. the irony of our unjust society and the economic system is that the people who build our country are homeless and I can't find a proper sleeping place but believe me these labourers sleep far more deeply than the corrupt elite in their mansions. But the thing I really don't undestand how come 150 billbeds can cater for more than 50,000 that simply mean more than 334 persons/bed....then the question is how big is this bill bed? The guest beds I have for a certain types of vistors/friends is 90 x 210 cm and so by this standard the billbed should be 30,000 cm (i.e. 30 m) wide if the length is kept 210 cm.

I think its 150 destinations all over Pakistan . In the video it says its the first of its kind in the world.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...p-better-is-just-what-india-needs-256566.html

Every year millions of people from different states migrate to other metropolitan cities in search of education, work and a better life. Most of them remain homeless and have to sleep on the footpath. This is not the story of just India, but many countries across the world that have a similar problem where there is not enough space for everyone to stay. Most of the people are out-of-town labourers who work during the day but have nowhere to sleep at night. Nowhere but the street.

billbed1_1465558839_725x725.jpg

YouTube

It's hard to believe but when the world goes to rest, these poor people start trying to find a spot on the pavement and roads to sleep. Some of them pray for the day to never end so that they don't have to face the night, because it is not easy to sleep on a bed of rocks.

billbed1_1465558896_725x725.jpg

YouTube

But this mattresses company called Master MoltyFoam from Pakistan has come up with a unique campaign in order to give such hard-working people a good night's sleep. They designed the world's first billbed, a simple billboard that advertises the company during the day and, with a flip, turns into a bed at night.

billbed2_1465558957_725x725.jpg

YouTube

Since last year, the company has set up more than 150 billbeds across Pakistan, providing more than 50,000 people a peaceful night. And they continue to add more billbeds across the country.

billbed3_1465558996_725x725.jpg

YouTube

Well, when will this brilliant idea be adapted in India? Think about it!

@MOD positive rating requested

I think its 150 destinations all over Pakistan . In the video it says its the first of its kind in the world.
Oh I see the problem is that I only see the images or thumbnails, the videos links are not working. so now I found the video and watched it and updated my comment accordingly.

Last edited:
No, I think we should discourage massive migration to cities by giving incentives... govt should invest or invite industries to invest in smaller towns so that everybody does not flock to cities. People in cities should get used to higher cost of labour.

Good idea. :tup: But instead of digging up the ground and making a mess of the place, it would be better to have the two poles on a stand.

But this mattresses company called Master MoltyFoam from Pakistan has come up with a unique campaign in order to give such hard-working people a good night's sleep.

I am for sure buying Mattresses from Master Molty Foam come what may.

Do Good and the Good will come your way. So nice of Master to take this initiative.

Back
Top Bottom