What's new

The Traditional Dances of South East Asia

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This thread will be dedicated to the different traditional dances of south east asia.

I had the pleasure of seeing some of these dances in a cultural fair and was really impressed.

Apsara, the Royal Dance of Cambodia

Ramakien, the traditional epic of Thailand

Last edited:
This thread will be dedicated to the different traditional dances of south east asia.

I had the pleasure of seeing some of these dances in a cultural fair and was really impressed.

Apsara, the Royal Dance of Cambodia

Ramakien, the traditional epic of Thailand

Other than trade and commerce, Culture is one area which Japanese can use to strengthen ties with ASEAN countries and forge a strong quasi-alliance.

Rianto Gatutkaca Gandrung, of Indonesia

Beautiful!

Tari Srikandi of Indonesia

beautiful :tup:

Malay Dance - traditional dance

Most of Malay dances for ladies its sitting (most not all), with fans or gentle slow hand movements for gents its a display of marshal arts skills called Silat...

Malay Traditional Dance - Tarian Asyik (Asyik Dance)

From state of Kelantan

Last edited:
beautiful :tup:

Malay Dance - traditional dance

Most of Malay dances for ladies its sitting (most not all), with fans or gentle slow hand movements for gents its a display of marshal arts skills called Silat...

Malay Traditional Dance - Tarian Asyik (Asyik Dance)

From state of Kelantan

Definitely beautiful !

Joget (Jawi: جوڬيت) is a traditional Malaydance that originated in Malacca. It was influenced by the Portuguese dance of Branyo which is believed to have been spread to Malacca during the spice trade. In Malacca, it is better known as Chakunchak.[1] The dance is one of the most popular folk dances in Indonesia &Malaysia and normally performed by couples in cultural festivals, weddings and other social functions.

Tradtional and slow dance...really minimal movements...almost every other state has a joget dance :D

Traditional Dance of Brunei

Brunei Traditional Song - Zapin

Brunei Traditional Dance - Temaruk and Alai Siakap

Traditional Dance - Ngajat Iban from Sarawak, Malaysia

Traditional Dayak Dance Kanayatn

Iban war dance using perang

Very beautiful dance, indeed. It is very similar to the muslim dances of the Philippines, particularly of the Tausug people:

This dance is called the Asik Dance,

B'it Bilaan Dance, Mindanao, Philippines

Very beautiful dance, indeed. It is very similar to the muslim dances of the Philippines, particularly of the Tausug people:

This dance is called the Asik Dance,

[media]
Asyik (literally "beloved"/"besotted") is a classical royal court dance popular in Patani[disambiguation needed] and Kelantan. According to Hikayat Patani, the dance was created in 1644 to entertain the grieving Ratu Kuning over the loss of her favorite bird. The dance’s name "the beloved" could have been referring to the lost bird.

You really know alot about Malay dance and history!! Impressive!!
google is your friend...I have seen a handful live ...And I do like to know what I have seen and the story behind it like people read up a background story of the opera they are going to watch!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom