Not open for further replies.

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
Tejas is better than MiG, it's the best: Pilot

skk.jpg

Group Captain Suneeth Krishna

There's a long way to go before my boys can touch it, " the then Air Chief Marshal PV Naik had said on January 10, 2011, the day India's Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas got its first initial operational clearance (IOC-1 ).

It had spoilt the party for Team Tejas , prompting a second IOC. But if the experience of National Flight Testing Centre (NFTC) pilots is any measure , Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne shouldn't have problems with his boys taking India's pride to the skies.

"Kick the tyre and burn the fire . It's ready," one of them said a day before IOC-2 is scheduled here . Group Captain Suneeth Krishna , who has been involved with the aircraft since its first flight on January 2001, said : "It is a pilot's aircraft".

Krishna had flown a Mirage trailing the LCA when it took off for the first time over 12 years ago with Wing Commander (retd ) Rajiv Kothiyal at the controls.

Today , the aircraft is different .Compared to two years ago, the angle of attack has been increased to 24 degrees from 17, it has been integrated with a basic electronic warfare suite, has lesser maintenance issues, more weapons and comes with an enhanced flight envelop.

"I remember the first flight vividly . Wing Co Kothiyal and I took off together . And to see that aircraft lift off was a moment of unrivalled pride . It was ours and it was flying . Today , I'm proud because it has evolved," he said . Like most IAF pilots of his time , his heart is with the MiG . "AMiG is a MiG, our first aircraft . We used to call it the Ferrari," he says . MiG-21 FL was decommissioned last week.

So what's the LCA? "It's better than the Ferrari ," he says . "It has an inherent advantage . We have the design , so we can alter it to our needs . Also, inputs from flying the MiG, Mirage and Sukhoi have been used in designing the cockpit . I can say it's the best. The pilot interface is amazing ," he said.

Krishna has the maximum number of flying hours on the Tejas . His colleague , Group Captain Venugopal , said : "There were a few upgrades the IAF wanted two years ago . We've achieved them now , and the aircraft is ready to be handed over ."

He said the LCA is an ongoing programme . "We've achieved certain targets and have some before the final operational clearance (FOC). Even after that , we can keep improving it," he said.

Link - Tejas is better than MiG, it’s the best: Pilot | idrw.org

Any plane would be better than the 'flying coffins'(Migs).

LOL. Poor indian pilots who still are flying the migs must be really glad to finally after such a long time and years of waiting will be able to fly tejas.

:victory:

It seems that Pakistan is very proud of flying ugly copy of this flying coffin, the J 7.

Last edited:
look at stuff chinese are flying before commenting here
just 2 days back an antique chinese plane even crashed.go and troll there

I wont make fun of our hero who sadly passed away on a mission.
That's the lowest class reply cheerleader!

The plane which our pilot flew on is much better maintained than your Mig-21 of course, even though they are made in the same era.

I wont make fun of our hero who sadly passed away on a mission.
That's the lowest class reply cheerleader!

The plane which our pilot flew on is much better maintained than your Mig-21 of course, even though they are made in the same era.

i am sorry
i didn't know he did not eject safely,i am sorry to offend u

i though pilot was safe

This antique carries more than double payload than your 2 engine Junk 15 (Copy of Su 33)

lca stands for many terms - leaking cockpit airplane, lost confidence airplane, losing combat airplane ..
If iaf says it is just better than mig-21 and it costs $40 mio apiece; and still cant obtain its final operation certification after 3 decades is already a declared failure.

i am sorry
i didn't know he did not eject safely,i am sorry to offend u

i though pilot was safe

Report states that No casulity on Ground but totally Mum on pilot's ejection as usual.

lca stands for many terms - leaking cockpit airplane, lost confidence airplane, losing combat airplane ..
If iaf says it is just better than mig-21 and it costs $40 mio apiece; and still cant obtain its final operation certification after 3 decades is already a declared failure.

stop laughing at india

u have done better no doubt,i agree
but with this first step of tejas next steps will be very very easy,u have to agree here

Still it envys you and make you post Nonsense on this forum. Why don't to concentrate to increasing the payload of Junk 15 from 2 tons to 2 ton and 200 KG? Envious Chinese. Burn more baby!!!!

stop laughing at india

u have done better no doubt,i agree
but with this first step of tejas next steps will be very very easy,u have to agree here

it is the attitude of you people
how can you let the people who are responsible for these comedies unfold?

somebody post link of live feed of the ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom