What's new

Tamil Party wins local polls in Sri Lanka’s north

Great news ! It is time Tamils joined Srilankan national mainstream

I think the LTTE is more responsible for these killing than the Govt. forces. Yes, there is possible atrocities from the Govt. but these killngs could have been avoided if LTTE would have behaved more maturely.

I don't think an investigation will solve the humanitarian problem the tamils are facing in north. If possible, make a peace mission like they did in SA under Desmond Tutu.

And the finger pointing should stop from those who were supporting LTTE at least. They are not genuine Tamils. They are the people who have killed the maximum number of Tamil intellectuals and political leaders.

Democracy will even fill the wounds of war crime , just stick with Democracy and have full faith in it....

good begining half done !!

I have seen most of Indian members here lack of knowledge about Sri Lanka or some southern Indian members based on their media, mostly anti-Sri Lankan news.

There was an election some parts of North before this election.
In this election TNA (Tamil National Alliance) able to secure around 124,000 votes and UPFA (United people's Freedom Alliance (government's party)) able to secure around 48,000 votes in the north. Main opposition party UNP (United National Party) unable to secure any council. So most of members are from TNA and UPFA, few other from some other parties.

I have seen most of Indian members here lack of knowledge about Sri Lanka or some southern Indian members based on their media, mostly anti-Sri Lankan news.

There was an election some parts of North before this election.
In this election TNA (Tamil National Alliance) able to secure around 124,000 votes and UPFA (United people's Freedom Alliance (government's party)) able to secure around 48,000 votes in the north. Main opposition party UNP (United National Party) unable to secure any council. So most of members are from TNA and UPFA, few others from some other parties.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom