What's new

Tajikistan keen on Pak-China corridor

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Tajikistan is working for transit trade with Pakistan and is interested in the Pak-China Economic Corridor (PCEC) as it would serve commercial interests of Tajikistan by providing road link to ports, said the Ambassador of Tajikistan, Sherali Janonov at the Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on Wednesday.

Speaking at KCCI, the Tajik envoy said that at present about 50 to 60 trucks are carrying goods to Tajikistan via Torkham border but this volume is insignificant. KCCI president Iftikhar A Vohra expressed desire to send a trade delegation to Dushanbe to explore the market.

Janonov told the gathering that China and India are active in his country, adding: “China is holding 5 to 6 trade exhibitions a year while Pakistan organised its last exhibition in 2004.”

The Tajik envoy felt the market is still open for Pakistani products like fruits and vegetables, rice, textiles, cement and construction material.

The ambassador said that his government had already asked the commerce minister of Pakistan to appoint a commercial counselor in Dushanbe for boosting bilateral trade.

Published in Dawn, March 19th, 2015

Tajikistan keen on Pak-China corridor - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Pakistan can make some real good money due to trade routes. Hell we can run Pakistan economy through ports and trade route if we do it properly.

That is very lame of you to change my words in my quote.

Next time do it properly without implying I said it. @Jaanbaz

Back
Top Bottom