What's new

State Bank Governor Salim Raza resigns

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, June 2 (APP) - Governor, State Bank of Pakistan, (SBP) Syed Salim Raza has submitted his resignation effective from May, 6, citing personal reasons.The President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari, on the advice of the Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani has accepted the resignation of Syed Salim Raza, allowing Yaseen Anwar, Deputy Governor, to temporarily work as Governor, says a press release issued here late Wednesday night.The Government would like to place on record its acknowledgement of the meritorious service rendered to the country by Syed Salim Raza as the Governor of State Bank of Pakistan and wishes him the very best in his future life and career.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - State Bank Governor Salim Raza resigns

any specific reason for his resignition??seems everyone is leaving the economic front:cry:

Who'll Sign the next note. I am free after 10 June :D

i know that..i am asking the reason..nothing tangible was said in dawn..so getting curious!
IMHO After the new budget Interest rates will go too high because of Inflation already here. Taxes will be high too. So instead of making thing better the high taxes may worse it as Intrest rates not always effect inflation. High taxes will make things more costly. and it all will become a mess.

In this situation State Bank of Pakistan will be criticized more than ever. So just to save his *** which was going to get beaten because of wronge policies of Govt he is resigning.

Its my opinion could be wrong

An advise .....Atta Cheeni khareed lo abhi sey.

:lol::lol:

yeah when i was hearing the news some people told abt that reason
bcz budget is cmng and the prizes of evrythng will raise

BTW Mobile users......Now you'll get 68 out of 100 card load. So cheers to that.

IMHO After the new budget Interest rates will go too high because of Inflation already here. Taxes will be high too. So instead of making thing better the high taxes may worse it as Intrest rates not always effect inflation. High taxes will make things more costly. and it all will become a mess.

In this situation State Bank of Pakistan will be criticized more than ever. So just to save his *** which was going to get beaten because of wronge policies of Govt he is resigning.

Its my opinion could be wrong

the budget is comming tomorrow, rush to the market!what r u doing here??
IMO he had been there in tough times n the monetary policy statement last week already says interest rate will remain the same...:undecided:

It might the case that Government wants to place someone else there.

It might the case that Government wants to place someone else there.
i dont think SBP governor is a political choice, although i dont know the exact procedure but most probably he is a senior banker....powerful place!!

the budget is comming tomorrow, rush to the market!what r u doing here??
IMO he had been there in tough times n the monetary policy statement last week already says interest rate will remain the same...:undecided:
Interest rates remains same. Tax increase..... You can imagine where the prices will go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom