What's new

Spotflux claims its service is being 'actively blocked' in Pakistan

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Creeping censorship: Spotflux claims its service is being 'actively blocked' in Pakistan
Creeping censorship: Spotflux claims its service is being ‘actively blocked’ in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

After weeks of user complaints that the free virtual private network (VPN) service Spotflux was not working in Pakistan, the service claimed on Monday that it had proof its datacentres were being actively blocked in Pakistan.

In a message posted on their official facebook page on Monday, Spotflux claimed that they have collected substantial proof that Pakistani authorities were blocking their datacentres.

Today we have collected enough proof that the government of Pakistan is actively blocking our datacenters. We will most likely write a detailed blog post about this in the near future and communicate our findings to relevant media sources. While we will continue to work on a solution to provide access to all regions, please understand that this may take some time. For those of you living in Pakistan: let your voices be heard not to us but to those who seek to oppress your basic human rights.

Spotflux is a New York based start-up that creates tools to protect privacy and security of users while retaining full access to information regardless of their location. However, at the top of their website, Spotflux note that their service is currently unavailable in Pakistan.

Users in Rawalpindi, Wah Cantonment, Lahore, Islamabad, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Bahawalpur and Sukkur told The Express Tribune on its Facebook page that they were unable to use Spotflux. The users could not get through the network while using Wi-Tribe, Mobilink, PTCL, Wateen and Qubee internet connections.

Blocked for three weeks

People first started reporting problems with Spotflux in Pakistan on January 7, with more complaints following soon after.

All these companies who want to provide services in Pakistan should open their offices in Pakistan
As then we can make sure they follow Pakistan laws as well . otherwise there is no use

They sitting in USA , sometimes give wrong maps of Pakistan, Violate Pakistan laws without paying any TAX and using Pakistan resources and people

Information in this age is criticle and they should not be allowed to provide services in Pakistan without paying any TAX to the Gov.

All international service providers should be given notice of 30 days or their services will get blocked ...simple

There is no point sitting in USA and providing services in Pakistan TAX free...

All these companies who want to provide services in Pakistan should open their offices in Pakistan
As then we can make sure they follow Pakistan laws as well . otherwise there is no use

They sitting in USA , sometimes give wrong maps of Pakistan, Violate Pakistan laws without paying any TAX and using Pakistan resources and people

Information in this age is criticle and they should not be allowed to provide services in Pakistan without paying any TAX to the Gov.

All international service providers should be given notice of 30 days or their services will get blocked ...simple

There is no point sitting in USA and providing services in Pakistan TAX free...

So... block all websites unless they open an office in Pakistan? We'll have like 3 websites up. Come to think of it, even this forum doesn't have an office in Pakistan. Ban PDF?

The question is so what. if PTA is actively blocking spotflux are they paying any taxes to GOP , IS GOP to answer to these cooperates.

They are loosing their share of the market because they dont follow are laws so be it .

I dont see anything wrong with it.

Creeping censorship: Spotflux claims its service is being 'actively blocked' in Pakistan
Creeping censorship: Spotflux claims its service is being ‘actively blocked’ in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

After weeks of user complaints that the free virtual private network (VPN) service Spotflux was not working in Pakistan, the service claimed on Monday that it had proof its datacentres were being actively blocked in Pakistan.

In a message posted on their official facebook page on Monday, Spotflux claimed that they have collected substantial proof that Pakistani authorities were blocking their datacentres.

Today we have collected enough proof that the government of Pakistan is actively blocking our datacenters. We will most likely write a detailed blog post about this in the near future and communicate our findings to relevant media sources. While we will continue to work on a solution to provide access to all regions, please understand that this may take some time. For those of you living in Pakistan: let your voices be heard not to us but to those who seek to oppress your basic human rights.

Spotflux is a New York based start-up that creates tools to protect privacy and security of users while retaining full access to information regardless of their location. However, at the top of their website, Spotflux note that their service is currently unavailable in Pakistan.

Users in Rawalpindi, Wah Cantonment, Lahore, Islamabad, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Bahawalpur and Sukkur told The Express Tribune on its Facebook page that they were unable to use Spotflux. The users could not get through the network while using Wi-Tribe, Mobilink, PTCL, Wateen and Qubee internet connections.

Blocked for three weeks

People first started reporting problems with Spotflux in Pakistan on January 7, with more complaints following soon after.
:enjoy: Well, it seems like ISI,s newly built 13 billion Rs Data and Information center is in working now :lol:

So... block all websites unless they open an office in Pakistan? We'll have like 3 websites up. Come to think of it, even this forum doesn't have an office in Pakistan. Ban PDF?

lol , did i said websites ????? i said companies , there is a big difference in running a website and running a service provider company ... ???

The question is so what. if PTA is actively blocking spotflux are they paying any taxes to GOP , IS GOP to answer to these cooperates.

They are loosing their share of the market because they dont follow are laws so be it .

I dont see anything wrong with it.

They're blocking it because it's a VPN service and thwarts their censorship attempts. Does Google pay taxes to GOP? Silly argument.

lol , did i said websites ????? i said companies , there is a big difference in running a website and running a service provider company ... ???

If you understood how websites work, you wouldn't have said it. I could start my own VPN service without requiring a company in less than an hour.

Ban Internet once in for all . Itna thoda thoda kerke kyu tadpa rae ho

The point was if they cannot follow the law of the land they should not cry .

They are not crying . Pakistani users of that service are crying and they responded why .

're blocking it because it's a VPN service and thwarts their censorship attempts. Does Google pay taxes to GOP? Silly argument.
They're blocking it because it's a VPN service and thwarts their censorship attempts. Does Google pay taxes to GOP? Silly argument.

If you understood how websites work, you wouldn't have said it. I could start my own VPN service without requiring a company in less than an hour.

yes you can , but question is why you didnt ? if running VPN service provider is that simple ? mate it need complete planning execution and strategy..

Hotspot shield is also causing problems. I don't understand what the **** is this government's problem? Yeh BC mama lagta ha hain sensor kerna ka:angry:

The point was if they cannot follow the law of the land they should not cry .

They're not crying over anything. Users in Pakistani filed complaints that their service had stopped working. They replied detailing evidence that GOP is responsible for the service unavailability.

Besides, Pakistani users have most to lose from these bans. Our internet infrastructure is backward enough without these draconian censorship laws.

yes you can , but question is why you didnt ? if running VPN service provider is that simple ? mate it need complete planning execution and strategy..

The reason I don't is because I don't have a viable means of monetizing it nor the investment to give it a shot. And stop trying to sound like you know anything about running a VPN service.

Back
Top Bottom