What's new

Spot fixing cloud over IPL

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Delhi, May 14: India TV sting blows the lid off murky deals among players, organizers, owners, foreign captain and big guns of Indian cricket. Many IPL players confessed on hidden camera that they get much more than their prescribed auction amount under the table as black money.

Shockingly, it was also revealed that superstars of Indian cricket and even an international player, who is a captain of one of the teams, are involved in fixing the matches. Some team owners too are allegedly involved.

Some players even disclosed that they attempt to negotiate a larger financial contract with some of the other IPL franchises that is a serious non-adherence to the IPL player guidelines. Once deal is finalized the players are paid under the table.

The governing council of Indian Premier League earlier had imposed a one-year ban on Ravindra Jadeja and four-match ban on Manish Pandey for negotiating with other team owners for a larger financial contract.

India TV sting also revealed that spot-fixing is not only prevalent in IPL but First class matches are also fixed and beautiful ladies played an important role in match-fixing.

T Sudhindra, one of the Deccan Chargers player, had bowled a no-ball in last year’s first class match on India TV reporter’s insistence. He also assured to change his team in future if he was paid Rs. 60 lakhs.

Kings XI Punjab player Shalabh Srivastava demanded Rs. 10 lakh for bowling a no-ball in a IPL match.

Mohnish Mishra, playing for Pune Warriors India, confessed that he was getting 1.45 crore from its owner Sahara whereas he was in the 30 lakh slab. According to BCCI guidelines uncapped players were not to get more than Rs. 30 lakh.

Watch the video:
India TV sting reveals spot fixing and black money in IPL

amazing how indians didnt create such a thread :cheesy:

we will send all the fixers to jail

Hope you have the appetite, for.....

India TV sting also revealed that spot-fixing is not only prevalent in IPL but First class matches are also fixed and beautiful ladies played an important role in match-fixing.

I used to bet on EPL football games with Ladbrokes and even had their card.

IPL should legalize betting through proper agencies.

IPL is the acronym for? Indian Potty League? Internationally Pampered Losers? :confused:

we will send all the fixers to jail

I have been saying for months some of the bookies have got a hold over some of the senior players in Indian cricket. You cant jail everyone. I believe certain players are being blackmailed and if they dont spot fix these bookies simply wont take no for an answer. The bookies are known to be rife in Dehli and are flooding the IPL with millions. One of the ring leaders is Pradeep Agarwal.
I believe the only way to stop this is ask the players to come forward and give evidence and perhaps get leniancy for giving statements against these scounderals. The game is being ruined by these idiots.

I have been saying for months some of the bookies have got a hold over some of the senior players in Indian cricket. You cant jail everyone. I believe certain players are being blackmailed and if they dont spot fix these bookies simply wont take no for an answer. The bookies are known to be rife in Dehli and are flooding the IPL with millions. One of the ring leaders is Pradeep Agarwal.
I believe the only way to stop this is ask the players to come forward and give evidence and perhaps get leniancy for giving statements against these scounderals. The game is being ruined by these idiots.

don't worry...we will do the proper inquiry and send all of them to jail.

don't worry...we will do the proper inquiry and send all of them to jail.

Firstly Im not worried.
Secondly they have known about Pradeep Agarwal who paid half the Indian team in the world cup match against South Africa and did nothing. Please stop attempting to be the international Indian spokesman on cricket because you are not. This guy seems to be bigger than cricket and bigger than the authorities.

Bookie 'Pradeep Agarwal' spotted in Team India dressing room during Worldcup 2011 - YouTube

Firstly Im not worried.
Secondly they have known about Pradeep Agarwal who paid half the Indian team in the world cup match against South Africa and did nothing. Please stop attempting to be the international Indian spokesman on cricket because you are not. This guy seems to be bigger than cricket and bigger than the authorities.

Bookie 'Pradeep Agarwal' spotted in Team India dressing room during Worldcup 2011 - YouTube

Don't worry bro...it was a morphed video...anyone who indulges will go to jail.

Back
Top Bottom