What's new

Singapore to launch first commercial satellite TeLEOS-1 with ISRO’s help

jarves

Reaction score
Country
India
Singapore to launch first commercial satellite TeLEOS-1 with ISRO’s help
isro-480.jpg

The TeLEOS-1 is equipped with an electro-optical camera capable of taking images at ground resolution of one metre.
A Singaporean earth observation satellite will be launched with an Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) next year, a senior official said on Sunday. The TeLEOS-1 would be Singapore’s first commercial project on Indian Space Research organisation’s PSLV, making Near Equatorial Orbit, taking images for shipping and maritime security, Mah How Teck, Vice President for Market Development at Singapore Technologies Electronics Ltd told PTI.
ST Electronics has signed an agreement with India’s Antrix Corporation Ltd for the satellite to ride on PSLV, which would be launched into space at 550-km above the Earth at a low inclination in the fourth quarter of 2015. The 400-kg satellite is equipped with an electro-optical camera capable of taking images at ground resolution of one metre, Mah said. “It is suitable for applications such as disaster and environment monitoring, maritime safety, urban planning and homeland security,” he said, after hosting a pre-Singapore Airshow press conference.
The unique Near Equatorial Orbit allows frequent revisits to areas of interest in equatorial regions at approximately 96-minute intervals, delivering high data availability and responsiveness, Mah said. Singapore launched its first experimental satellite XSAT in April 2011 with the help of ISRO. This is their second project.
The TeLEOS-1 is a commercial project by ST Electronics and its compatriot partners Nanyang Technological University and Defence Science Organisation Laboratories, following up with the XSAT, their first research project. Mah said TeLEOS-1 would be ready for launch in the fourth quarter of next year, having completed more than 60 per cent of the project.
Meanwhile, preparations were underway for Singapore Airshow, which held pre-opening full dress rehearsal on Sunday. Staring Monday, more than 80 civilian and defence aircraft and 60 out of the top 100 aviation companies are taking part in the week-long exhibition and conferences.

Singapore to launch first commercial satellite TeLEOS-1 with ISRO’s help | The Indian Express

This is great news for Indo-Singapore cooperation.
Even tiny Singapore is ahead of Pakistan in space technology..

The headline is misleading .

Singapore have satellite in sky already .

last year Russia launched satellite by Singapore university ...

This is the first satellite by private Singapore company ...

Was there any need to bring another country into the discussion ..... :disagree:

agree .... absolute misadventure !

This is great news for Indo-Singapore cooperation.
Even tiny Singapore is ahead of Pakistan in space technology..

please edit your post . it's not factually correct . and remove the line which points to our neighbor ...

Last edited:
I can change the title if you guys want @Indo-guy

Singapore to launch first commercial satellite with ISRO's help :D

No it's ok . I was mistaken . Because I had heard of launch of Singapore satellite last year .
But now I reconfirmed , it was not a commercial satellite .

By the way this satellite is being launched by private Singapore company ....

Nevertheless it's important because we got a new customer ...
and we have weaned one from Russia .

Pakistan launched a sat ages ago:

Pakistan launches first Varsity-level satellite | SAMAA TV

Welcome to the present.

Yeh . true . sorry for the rash comment by fellow Indian !

He is talking about indigenously devloped satellites actually.

Making staellites is not that difficult now a days ...depends on what satellite you are talking about .

Many University satellites have been launched by ISRO so far ...such as one by IIT , UK university and so on ...

so it's not big deal .

If Pakistan can make nukes , missiles ,,,,making satellite is no big deal for them .

Yeh . true . sorry for the rash comment by fellow Indian !

Making staellites is not that difficult now a days ...depends on what satellite you are talking about .

Many University satellites have been launched by ISRO so far ...such as one by IIT , UK university and so on ...

so it's not big deal .

If Pakistan can make nukes , missiles ,,,,making satellite is no big deal for them .
he is not Indian :usflag::taz:

Not really. Just for the sake of the augment :p

No , but I apologized earnestly . This attitude to belittle others is not good.

oh ....I didn't know . thanks for clarifying . in any case there was no need to instigate people by unnecessary name calling like that .

No , but I apologized earnestly . This attitude to belittle others is not good.

oh ....I didn't know . thanks for clarifying . in any case there was no need to instigate people by unnecessary name calling like that .

I don't appreciate bashing India all the time either. :)

That doesn't mean I approve such remarks to any country.

Making a tiny satellite and something like our RISAT is different ball game.
'Sup India friend? :pop:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom