What's new

Should Pakistan Switch to Nuclear Energy?

Xtremeownage

Reaction score
We already have Nuclear weapons, and we certainly have the technology, so do you think that it would be beneficial for Pakistan to switch to Nuclear Energy?

Definately switching to Nuclear Energy is a good idea compared to Thermal mode as it would reduce pollution till certain extent, but will raise other problem about disposing of nuclear waste. Switching to hydro and wind enargy as an alternation to Thermal energy would be the best option as there will not be any waste left behind. :enjoy:

We already have Nuclear weapons, and we certainly have the technology, so do you think that it would be beneficial for Pakistan to switch to Nuclear Energy?

Pakistan to switch to nuclear energy is kinda difficult now as a lot of countries will be unwilling to sell components to Pakistan specially Japan which is the only country who build the main container or dome of the reactor.
Nuclear thermal power plant is far more complicated than building a nuclear bomb.

Nuclear thermal power plant is far more complicated than building a nuclear bomb.

ya that very correct. Bcoz to control that amount ot energy need very complicated equipments.

By the way has there was some experiment going on with the Fusion reactor, has it been completed? Or is it still in process. ?

You can, provided you grant the world, access to A Q Khan. Otherwise, you are not getting the technology from anywhere. And you are not in a position to build them yourself either.

Or, go to China & hope that they can donate something for free.

You can, provided you grant the world, access to A Q Khan. Otherwise, you are not getting the technology from anywhere. And you are not in a position to build them yourself either.

dont worry. we have already got nuclear reactors under construction. we dont have to gran access to AQ Khan only to get some nuclear tech. u r naive to think that after grantin access to AQ Khan things will calm down.

dont worry. we have already got nuclear reactors under construction. we dont have to gran access to AQ Khan only to get some nuclear tech. u r naive to think that after grantin access to AQ Khan things will calm down.

Can you provide link about Pakistani nuclear reactors? Thanks.

And yes, allowing access to A Q Khan does not gurantee that things would calm down. But they surely are not going to calm down unless that step is taken.

Can you ever post something positive and when did China started to donate Nuclear Reactors?All nuclear reactors are paid for.You have the tendency to pull out your own figures/information out of your bloody ***.

Can you ever post something positive and when did China started to donate Nuclear Reactors?All nuclear reactors are paid for.You have the tendency to pull out your own figures/information out of your bloody ***.

I am just pointing towards lost credibility of Pakistan, by A Q Khan episode. And now this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/world/asia/18nuke.html

The administration’s effort is complicated by the fact that Pakistan is producing an unknown amount of new bomb-grade uranium and, once a series of new reactors is completed, bomb-grade plutonium for a new generation of weapons.

That is why I requested one of the members to provide more information on the under construction reactors. Per US, they are being used to produce bomb-grade material, not nuclear energy material.

I am just pointing towards lost credibility of Pakistan, by A Q Khan episode. And now this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/world/asia/18nuke.html

That is why I requested one of the members to provide more information on the under construction reactors. Per US, they are being used to produce bomb-grade material, not nuclear energy material.
Actually, the reactors are used for electricity as well.We have 2 nuclear reactors AFAIK providing 300MW electricity each.

Actually, the reactors are used for electricity as well.We have 2 nuclear reactors AFAIK providing 300MW electricity each.

Right, you do. See here.

Asia' s Nuclear Energy Growth

Pakistan

2 reactors in operation, 1 under construction, 2 planned, also 1 research reactor.

Pakistan generates almost 3% of its electricity by nuclear, its second power reactor started up in 2000, and the third - supplied by China - is under construction.

The government plans 0.9 GWe of new nuclear capacity by 2015, and a further 7.5 GWe by 2030.

We should spend the money we would on nuclear reactors on more dams-solar power-wind ect.

I cant find the article but there was a plan to put thousands of solar panels in the sahara desert and sell the electricity.......we could do the same in pakistan.

Windup technology is another that is very good.

We should spend the money we would on nuclear reactors on more dams-solar power-wind ect.

I cant find the article but there was a plan to put thousands of solar panels in the sahara desert and sell the electricity.......we could do the same in pakistan.

Windup technology is another that is very good.

I don't think that wind-power would be efficient, but the idea of the solar panels could work.

I think that the desert in Balochistan could be used...

Last edited:
Per US, they are being used to produce bomb-grade material, not nuclear energy material.

Are you confusing the under construction Khushab 2 and Khushab 3 reactors that are supposedly going to provide plutonium for next gen. nukes with the Chasma NPP's?

The proposals under discussion with China involve expanding the Chasma complex to 4 reactors (under IAEA safeguards) of 300 MW each for electricity generation purposes.

Back
Top Bottom