What's new

Shaheen-3 and India’s second-strike nuclear capability

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Now Pakistan can hit whole of India even their Northeastern frontiers, India cannot hide anywhere ” declared retired Pakistani military officer soon after Pakistan successfully test-fired for first time new missile dubbed Shaheen-3 with claimed range of 2750km. today General (retd) Khalid Kidwai too made a similar claim saying that Shaheen-3 will give Pakistan ability to overpower India’s defense and deny India second-strike nuclear capability ensuring its survivability.

While Shaheen-3 gives Pakistani military establishment ability to hit India’s far northeast and Andaman and Nicobar islands which were not reachable earlier by Pakistani missiles until now, Missile gives Pakistan strategic depth to hit all corners of India but this new missile will not deny India second-strike nuclear capability as Pakistan wants its citizens to believe it.

After India tested series of five nuclear bombs at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in May 1998, India has been heavy investing in developing a Nuclear triad”, a capability which will give India ability to deliver strategic nuclear arsenal from any of three components.

Traditionally strategic bombers jets , Intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), while first two are important component in first strike option but it also makes them vulnerable to Pre-emptive nuclear attack from enemy forces . for India which has a self-imposed No First Strike Policy it becomes important for India to develop credible last leg of nuclear triad which will ensure second strike capability and will deter Enemy forces from carrying out Pre-emptive nuclear strike in first place and that’s why submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) in Indian missile arsenal will act has a crucial vantage point for India in next few years.

India has been developing not so Secretive ” K-Missile family” for last decade or so, first of the missile to emerge from the family was K-15/B-05 SLBM which had capability to strike at range of 750 km , second missile to be tested was K-4 which has ability to hit targets at 3500km range which actually makes it a game changer since now Indian nuclear submarines don’t have to be positioned close to Arabian sea for launch . India also is developing 3rd missile which is part of the K series which is dubbed has K-5 and will have ability to hit targets as far as 5000km ensuring that Second strike capability will remain intact and submarines can be positioned deep in Indian ocean .

Last leg of India’s Nuclear triad will also complete something which has been missing for last few decades In India’s Nuclear command, which is Active Nuclear warheads. India keeps its Nuclear arsenal in semi dissembled stage, while scientist and Strategic command force crew are trained to assemble one in shortest notice period, according to retired nuclear scientist it will still take them around 2 hours to get single bomb assembled but what SLBM will bring is that now each nuclear ballistic submarine will be able to carry fully assembled Nukes when it goes out to patrol in high seas safeguarding India’s second strike capability to remain intact and will also ensure that India’s Nuclear strike will have much shorter response window for any International pressure to tickle in to stop India from responding.

While India is all set to Induct its first Nuclear submarine and will be adding few dozen more in next decade or so. with the induction of each new nuclear submarine capable of carrying long-range submarine ballistic missiles tipped with nukes, Pakistan advantage in Pre-emptive nuclear strike is neutralized and Indian response will be ensured.

Shaheen-3 and India’s second-strike nuclear capability | idrw.org

Now Pakistan can hit whole of India even their Northeastern frontiers, India cannot hide anywhere ” declared retired Pakistani military officer soon after Pakistan successfully test-fired for first time new missile dubbed Shaheen-3 with claimed range of 2750km. today General (retd) Khalid Kidwai too made a similar claim saying that Shaheen-3 will give Pakistan ability to overpower India’s defense and deny India second-strike nuclear capability ensuring its survivability.

While Shaheen-3 gives Pakistani military establishment ability to hit India’s far northeast and Andaman and Nicobar islands which were not reachable earlier by Pakistani missiles until now, Missile gives Pakistan strategic depth to hit all corners of India but this new missile will not deny India second-strike nuclear capability as Pakistan wants its citizens to believe it.

After India tested series of five nuclear bombs at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in May 1998, India has been heavy investing in developing a Nuclear triad”, a capability which will give India ability to deliver strategic nuclear arsenal from any of three components.

Traditionally strategic bombers jets , Intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), while first two are important component in first strike option but it also makes them vulnerable to Pre-emptive nuclear attack from enemy forces . for India which has a self-imposed No First Strike Policy it becomes important for India to develop credible last leg of nuclear triad which will ensure second strike capability and will deter Enemy forces from carrying out Pre-emptive nuclear strike in first place and that’s why submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) in Indian missile arsenal will act has a crucial vantage point for India in next few years.

India has been developing not so Secretive ” K-Missile family” for last decade or so, first of the missile to emerge from the family was K-15/B-05 SLBM which had capability to strike at range of 750 km , second missile to be tested was K-4 which has ability to hit targets at 3500km range which actually makes it a game changer since now Indian nuclear submarines don’t have to be positioned close to Arabian sea for launch . India also is developing 3rd missile which is part of the K series which is dubbed has K-5 and will have ability to hit targets as far as 5000km ensuring that Second strike capability will remain intact and submarines can be positioned deep in Indian ocean .

Last leg of India’s Nuclear triad will also complete something which has been missing for last few decades In India’s Nuclear command, which is Active Nuclear warheads. India keeps its Nuclear arsenal in semi dissembled stage, while scientist and Strategic command force crew are trained to assemble one in shortest notice period, according to retired nuclear scientist it will still take them around 2 hours to get single bomb assembled but what SLBM will bring is that now each nuclear ballistic submarine will be able to carry fully assembled Nukes when it goes out to patrol in high seas safeguarding India’s second strike capability to remain intact and will also ensure that India’s Nuclear strike will have much shorter response window for any International pressure to tickle in to stop India from responding.

While India is all set to Induct its first Nuclear submarine and will be adding few dozen more in next decade or so. with the induction of each new nuclear submarine capable of carrying long-range submarine ballistic missiles tipped with nukes, Pakistan advantage in Pre-emptive nuclear strike is neutralized and Indian response will be ensured.

Shaheen-3 and India’s second-strike nuclear capability | idrw.org

While Shaheen-3 gives Pakistani military establishment ability to hit India’s far northeast and Andaman and Nicobar islands which were not reachable earlier by Pakistani missiles until now, Missile gives Pakistan strategic depth to hit all corners of India but this new missile will not deny India second-strike nuclear capability as Pakistan wants its citizens to believe it

Which many trolls either fail to understand or dont want to understand.

First, What Pakistan has to do with India's ICBM, do you guys truely need ICBMs to hit Pakistan?

Second you are going to add few dozen more in next decade......:hitwall::omghaha: You know what you mean???????

First, What Pakistan has to do with India's ICBM, do you guys truely need ICBMs to hit Pakistan?

You should read the OP again and try to comprehend it...... It is talking about Second strike capability.......

You should read the OP again and try to comprehend it...... It is talking about Second strike capability.......
That guy clearly mentioned that ICBM and strategic bombers are important components in First strike option and can be neutralize in pre emptive strike.
I think you need to read it carefully.

Second i quoted that India have one nuclear submarine and in the decade India willl have few dozen more...
Now can you explain how india will have few dozen more nuclear submarines???? where from the money come for few dozen nuclear submarines for second strike capability. Can you tell him the dozen mean 12 and few dozen mean atleast more than 24.. So according to that guy Inida will have more than 24 nuclear submarines in a decade ?????
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
Sir nair i think you should teach that guy and tell him to be prepare before going to post crappy statements.

Second i quoted that India have one nuclear submarine and in the decade India have few dozen more...
Now can you explain how india will have few dozen more nuclear submarines???? where from the money come for few dozen nuclear submarines for second strike capability. Can you tell him the dozen mean 12 and few dozen mean atleast more than 24.. So according to that guy Inida will have more than 24 nuclear submarines in a decade ?????
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I agree on that part of the post, that is the reason i did not quote...... Some assume that making submarine is as easy as making "masala dosa"

That guy clearly mentioned that ICBM and strategic bombers are important components in First strike option and can be neutralize in pre emptive strike.
I think you need to read it carefully.

Well I guess i did not understand your point, I was talking about SLBM and its importance,

I agree on that part of the post, that is the reason i did not quote...... Some assume that making submarine is as easy as making "masala dosa"

Well I guess i did not understand your point, I was talking about SLBM and its importance,
Ok let me explain, I posted in the response of "kahonapyarhai" s post that he is talking about ICBM (Intercontinental ballistic missiles)..... So i asked to him that is India really need an ICBM to hit Pakistan even from submarines hiding deep into the Indian Ocean? Then why India need ICBM even on submarines????

Actually it will be or closer to that number...but rather combination of SSN+SSB+SSG
It is still not realistic number even if you sum up all SSK, SSN and SSBN, i dont think so India will keep the number more than 15 or may be 18 in some cases. As indian aquire new submarines she will start decommissioning the old ones.

So i asked to him that is India really need an ICBM to hit Pakistan even from submarines hiding deep into the Indian Ocean? Then why India need ICBM even on submarines????

SLBM is one of the most crucial part when it comes to second strike capability...... You can be as far as you can from your enemy and still manage to hit the enemy with it......

SLBM is one of the most crucial part when it comes to second strike capability...... You can be as far as you can from your enemy and still manage to hit the enemy with it......
Yes i know SLBM is a very crucial part of any nation's second strike capability. I agreed on this part but my question still there....
Theoratically ICBM's range starts from 5500 Kms.... Even ICBMs on submarines are not meant for Pakistan.. Yes it can be true for China that India have ICBMs on submarines but for Pakistan it dosent make sense.... Coz Pakistan dont have any asset which can be used to locate any submarine in an occean.. Even USA cannot sweap the whole ocean.. so in that context 3500 Km range of K4 are more than enough for second strike capability in form of SLBM. But if you will have even 5000 Km range K5 missile on submarine still question arises that whether india need an ICBM on its submarine to hit Pakistan as second strike capability????? Really i dont think so..

Yes i know SLBM is a very crucial part of any nation's second strike capability. I agreed on this part but my question still there....
Theoratically ICBM's range starts from 5500 Kms.... Even ICBMs on submarines are not meant for Pakistan.. Yes it can be true for China that India have ICBMs on submarines but for Pakistan it dosent make sense.... Coz Pakistan dont have any asset which can be used to locate any submarine in an occean.. Even USA cannot sweap the whole ocean.. so in that context 3500 Km range of K4 are more than enough for second strike capability in form of SLBM. But if you will have even 5000 Km range K5 missile on submarine still question arises that whether india need an ICBM on its submarine to hit Pakistan as second strike capability????? Really i dont think so..

BS article written by Bullshit writer, and on the tadka posted by @kahonapyarhai.

This guy is not a regular member but a bot or the management person of this site, and posting only flaming and b.s article to attract the member. He will never reply, but only been paid to create the thread.

That's right. ICBMs are long range SLBMs are not primarily meant for Pakistan.... We have other concerns with that.

PS: typo...( I meant 'and' and not 'are' between ICBMs and long range SLBMs).

Back
Top Bottom