What's new

Shahbaz sharpening knives against terrorists

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Shahbaz declared service of Anti-Terrorism Department as field service

Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif has stressed upon the need for all political forces to close ranks for overcoming lawlessness in the country.

The chief minister was addressing a high level meeting at Elite Police Training School Badian Road on Saturday.

Provincial ministers Rana Sanaullah Khan, Col (r) Shuja Khanzada, Special Assistant to CM Rana Maqbool Ahmed, inspector general police, advocate general, home secretary, Turk police experts and concerned officials were present in the meeting.

Restructuring of Anti-Terrorism Department, performance of Elite Police Force, setting up of Anti-Terrorism Force and over all law and order situation of the province were discussed in detail during the meeting.

Addressing the meeting, Shahbaz directed the officials that recruitment process in Anti-Terrorism Force should be completed at the earliest. He said that training of Anti-Terrorism Force should be arranged keeping in view the future requirements. He said that there will be separate headquarters of Anti-Terrorism Department whereas regional offices will also be set up.

The chief minister said that capacity-building of Anti-Terrorism Department was the need of the hour and the department should also evolve a separate intelligence system. He said that Anti-Terrorism Force will prove to be most effective weapon in eliminating terrorism and maintaining law and order in the province. He disclosed that the first batch of Anti-Terrorism Force will complete its training during current year, however, elite police force will be used as Anti-Terrorism Force during this period.

Shahbaz also gave approval to declaring the service of Anti-Terrorism Department as field service. He directed that the process of recruitment of 500 Sub-Inspectors through Punjab Public Service Commission should be further expedited.

He directed that the security arrangements should be further tightened at the entry and exit points of Punjab keeping in view the present situation and these places should be monitored round the clock.

Shahbaz directed Cabinet Committee to prepare and submit practicable recommendations within two weeks. He directed that a system should be evolved for evaluating the performance of Elite Police Force. The chief minister also gave approval to release of funds under various heads for meeting the needs of ElitePoliceSchool.

Shahbaz sharpening knives against terrorists | Pakistan Today

Currently there is ZERO national security & these politicians are keeping it that way.

Currently there is ZERO national security & these politicians are keeping it that way.

Brainless politicians.

Of course Politicians have not yet made their significant position on this but for a moment stop living in some fantasy world with a one sided belief. Let us look at the other side of picture, which i know during my many years of stay here at PDF that people always find themselves devoted to that something else.

It is said by many that Pakistan has been ruled by the Army most of the time. At first i didn't care but on a second thought, i realized that the numbers are actually significant as they ultimately lead us to study accomplishments. Now that you bring up the issue of 'national security', it is a good time to ask what the Army did that is different from the Politicians ?

If i may point out, the Talibs and other Militant groups which are harming us to this day were actually their creations, perhaps once meant for Kashmir and Afghanistan. I'd like to call this situation when dogs are starting to bite their master and to my knowledge the only logical way for this to end is by the master placing himself responsible for this 'failed national policy' and as the first and last volunteer to crush them.

I feel that under situations of liberation movement, that is when you don't require use of iron hand but sadly to say the Army and its inhumane acts against Bengali community was another failed national policy. I would hope that this does not repeat in the current state of Baluchistan.

Let us hope Pakistan does not get brainless Politicians, nor brainless Generals. Pakistan is as old as Israel but look and compare the two. Israel's 'national policy on security' is way efficient and it is pertinent to note that they were not only faced by a shortened Jewish community but also surroundings from Arabs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom