What's new

Serbia Sold 282 Modernized T-55 Tanks To Pakistan – Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally M777 is what Pakistan needs. But unless there is other development, M777 is off the table!

We have already purchased 90 SH-1 we received 80 more M-109A5 and few years back we got Panther also. We are not having a competition we pretty much are going for as many as we can and for me few hundred T5 Condor and G7 will give us great boost
Bhai... Now we have West as well that needs to be defended... So getting different equipment for different areas... Western areas are mountainous and bairn narrow valleys where the equipment that is required is more compact and capable of handling pressure differences.

Bhai... Now we have West as well that needs to be defended... So getting different equipment for different areas... Western areas are mountainous and bairn narrow valleys where the equipment that is required is more compact and capable of handling pressure differences.
I know but these will be place on border with India and old ones will be shifted on western side

Ideally M777 is what Pakistan needs. But unless there is other development, M777 is off the table!

nope we dont.. unlike indians we dont need those to lift them to the chinese border... for us .. we need more Self propelled guns... and luck is on our side with that one... this year alone we inducted almost 200 SPGs....

Apart from getting production of A-100s and Panters...

I know but these will be place on border with India and old ones will be shifted on western side
That is an internal issue, PA does feel fit shall be available to protect the integrity of Pakistan.

Now we are discussing the sale of T55 tanks...Yes they are intended for Pakistan for a third country support.

nope we dont.. unlike indians we dont need those to lift them to the chinese border... for us .. we need more Self propelled guns... and luck is on our side with that one... this year alone we inducted almost 200 SPGs....

I heard we have stopped panters production

Why are we going for so many different platforms of similar type... WZ-10, Zulus... SH-1 and evaluating south african system...

So we are buying a 50 year old junk from serbia?And paying millions of dollars? Wow what a horrible use of scarce resources and our tax money.

Pardon my ignorance but the region in the West and North East may require something like the M777 in the future! the reason why I am thinking this because it is helicopter transferable light 155mm howitzer. where anything else will have to be driven there which is problematic if roads are non existent and lets be frank such is the case.

this is only my opinion but Pakistan may need something like a commando artillery unit for light placement if it cannot be accessed by towed/self propelled howitzer. 105mm is good but cannot match 155mm hence PA decided to phase out 130mm and have one standard of 155mm.

I heard we have stopped panters production

panter is being reborn with upgrades which means off the shelf!

Pardon my ignorance but the region in the West and North East may require something like the M777 in the future! the reason why I am thinking this because it is helicopter transferable light 155mm howitzer. where anything else will have to be driven there which is problematic if roads are non existent and lets be frank such is the case.

this is only my opinion but Pakistan may need something like a commando artillery unit for light placement if it cannot be accessed by towed/self propelled howitzer. 105mm is good but cannot match 155mm hence PA decided to phase out 130mm and have one standard of 155mm.

panter is being reborn with upgrades which means off the shelf!
That is good news

So we are buying a 50 year old junk from serbia?And paying millions of dollars? Wow what a horrible use of scarce resources and our tax money.
We are buying upgraded version for Para Military which never had Tanks before. We are not going to buy most expensive Tanks for Para Military force

False report that was debunked on the previous long thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom