Security pact with Saudi Arabia on the cards

DESERT FIGHTER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Security pact with Saudi Arabia on the cards

Published 2014-01-05 07:32:51
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Saudi Arabia would sign a security cooperation agreement later this month, officials said on Saturday.

The accord would be signed during the visit of Interior Minister Mohammad bin Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to Pakistan. The trip is tentatively planned for last week of January.

It would be second high-profile visit from Riyadh to Islamabad this month. Foreign Minister Saud Al Faisal is arriving here on Monday on a two-day trip.

During the interior minister’s visit, the two countries would also sign agreements on combating trafficking and smuggling and transfer of prisoners

Saudi Ambassador Abdul Aziz Ibrahim Al Ghadeer met Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan to discuss the Saudi minister’s visit.

Chaudhry Nisar told the envoy that the visit would add a new dimension to the already close relations between the two countries.

The signing of the accords and visits by the Saudi ministers in a month mark intensification of bilateral ties that remained lukewarm during the PPP government.

Security pact with Saudi Arabia on the cards - DAWN.COM

@Armstrong @Aeronaut @al-Hasani @Oscar @Irfan Baloch @F.O.X @Leader @Imran Khan @Aether

Last edited:
pakistan is forming an alliance with the muslim countries. i guess what my father told me years is now coming to frutation. he said that" Things may look bleak right now but from what i know soon enough pakistan economy will take a a start and it will form reginal alliances with the world. its relation with the countries will improve and it will have better standing then it currently have. its only imperative that we go up the curve." he also said that pakistan will not abandon iran for saudi. lets see how accurate his predictions are.

how ever can u tell what the security pact will mean . is it something like if x attacks you then i will also attack x or something or something like if x attacks you i will send u logistic support.

Security cooperation is a welcome development but we must not let Saudi Arabia or any other country shape our foreign policy in their interests.

Pakistan should totally become a truly non-aligned country with friendships with countries based on our own interests and not in any sort of bloc or group to protect interests of any other country. We do not want to be anybody's pawns or players in their game.

Since this falls into context, it is totally beyond my comprehension why we do not want to import gas from Iran. We need cheap electricity for our poor consumers, for our industry, for our export products to compete in the world markets but most of our electricity generation is based on oil which is going to become prohibitivley expensive as time advances.

Now Saudis may start befriending us to toe their line and start telling us to do what we should do or not especially when it comes to Iran and other such conflicting interests.

Good for Pakistan as well as KSA. KSA needs to get out of USA Defense Pact. Pakistan can be very helpful for them in exploring more options like China.

Saudis want our nukes. Don't give nuke to mad wahabis they will start using it like hummus.

Back
Top Bottom