What's new

Security forces claim seizure of 500 kgs explosives in Khyber

pakdefender

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: Pakistani paramilitary forces on Sunday raided a house in the northwestern tribal belt on the Afghan border and seized up to 500 kilograms of bomb-making material, according to an official.

The raid was carried out in Shahkas village near Jamrud in Khyber tribal region which is close to Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

At least 60 bags of potassium chlorate, mortar shells, timers, landmines, detonators, fuses, improvised explosive device circuits and gel explosives were recovered from the basement of the house, Colonel Mohammad Naeem Sarwar told AFP.

A suspect was arrested during the raid, which was carried out after a roadside bomb wounded three civilians in the area on Saturday, he said.

“The site was being used to make bombs for terrorist activities in the cities of Peshawar, Islamabad and Lahore,” Sarwar said.

Authorities last week said they had raided a car bomb factory in the southwestern city of Quetta, confiscating more than 100 tonnes of chemicals which had been used in recent attacks.

Pakistan says more than 40,000 people have been killed in attacks by al Qaeda and Taliban-led militants in the last decade

Security forces claim seizure of 500 kgs explosives in Khyber - DAWN.COM

duly paid by Pakistani tax payers in shape of transit aid.

Khyber Agency Security forces seize 12 tonnes of explosives
LANDIKOTAL: Around 12 tonnes of explosives were seized by security forces in a raid on a secret warehouse in the Shakas area of Jamrud in Khyber Agency on Sunday.
“A suspected militant from Afghanistan was also arrested in the raid carried out on intelligence information,” Colonel Muhammad Naeem Sarwar, Commandant Mehsud Scouts told reporters at Shakas Levies Fort.
Col Sarwar said that the operation was launched in Manz Picket area of Shakas during which security forces cordoned off the area and shifted the explosives to the fort.
He said explosives used in making bombs, rocket-shells, detonators, remote control devices and water bombs were recovered in the raid on the warehouse.
“Security forces have thwarted several attempts of terrorism after seizing such a huge amount of explosives,” the Commandant Mehsud Scouts told the journalists.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 26th, 2013.

----------------------
I've noticed a remarkable change in the attitude of Security Agencies, they have been conducting very successful raids on the hideouts, i hope they continue doing this..

Another haul of explosives seized. This is very good news for the people of Pakistan and bad news for the terrorists. We commend the Pakistani security forces on a job well done in averting possible attacks on innocent Pakistani. The seized explosives, if gone undedicated, could have caused massive casualties and damage. The pressure is on the terrorists and we fully support our Pakistani friends in their efforts to safeguard their soil and their people from the terrorists whose mission is to keep the region destabilized. Time is near when the terrorist will have no choice but to give up their evil ideologies or feel the wrath of the people and the security forces of Pakistan.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

----------------------
I've noticed a remarkable change in the attitude of Security Agencies, they have been conducting very successful raids on the hideouts, i hope they continue doing this..

Bhai jan yeh to pehlay bhi hota tha. Ab thori publicity ho rahi hai, na janay kyun?

BTW, just research on the recent Islamabad airport case...your eyes will pop out.

can u elaborate it bit?

I prefer not to at this moment, but what I'll say is that the whole Pindi garrison was put into action (figuratively) and a lot of people were arrested and the whole plan was foiled.

Last thing I'll say is that this was also a three pronged attack, with three teams attacking simultaneously.

Well done to the intel and security agencies on this one.

I prefer not to at this moment, but what I'll say is that the whole Pindi garrison was put into action (figuratively) and a lot of people were arrested and the whole plan was foiled.

Last thing I'll say is that this was also a three pronged attack, with three teams attacking simultaneously.

well there wasnt any news in media about plan foiled. news were only about strict security measure bec of expected terror attack.

damn, you knew about it janab? would it be ok if I tell you Naval Police along with Naval intelligence had a role to play in this all too :secret:

well there wasnt any news in media about plan foiled. news were only about strict security measure bec of expected terror attack.

dont expect media to cover everything - infact its good they didn't know about it, but as nuclearpak said allot has been going on since Ramzan, all three branches have been on it

damn, you knew about it janab? would it be ok if I tell you Naval Police along with Naval intelligence had a role to play in this all too :secret:

Haha...poori pindi ki fauj lag gayi thi is case par...and all intel agencies were on it. You are right.

media just showed how they came in police uniform and then left airport undetected.

i think they caught few on margalla hills :what:

Poora tola pkra tha...tola nhn, puri party!!!

on @Topic- yes Security forces - have been pretty active since Ramzan, i dont know why were they like sitting ducks in the holy month, whether it was out of respect for Ramzan and prefered not to shed any blood or what , But I will say good job at the Quetta raid too.

@nuclearpak - i was watching the footage of quetta and this peshawar op, they recovered material in bags, we should be able to track them back to the source- from where they have been bought?
we need to control the selling of such materials

Last edited by a moderator:
@nuclearpak - i was watching the footage of quetta and this peshawar op, they recovered material in bags, we should be able to track them back to the source- from where they have been bought?
we need to control the selling of such materials

Yar toooo-ooooooo difficult.

Balochistan border is prime area for smuggling this stuff into the interior of the country. FATA waghaira say sirf local hi jata hai...since there is heavy Army presence in those areas and you can't get explosives there that easily. The surface fighting goes on there. But the smuggling is further South.

Poorly marked border, no proper guidelines, flimsy policies, bad combination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom