What's new

Security beefed up for INS Viraat

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Kochi, Dec 30 (PTI) Following reports of a possible threat to India's lone aircraft carrier INS Viraat, security has been strengthened at the Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) here where the warship is undergoing regular repairs.
Measures have been taken to provide "top grade" security for Viraat and the yard, CSL sources said today.

When asked if security was beefed up following media reports of a possible terrorist threat to Viraat, CSL sources said it has received no such intelligence input.

Navy sources also refused to confirm or deny reports about a security threat to Viraat.

However, the Naval team is on a "heightened alert" in the wake of the reports, the sources said.

The district administration and police have been asked to initiate appropriate action to strengthen security around CSL and water front access, they said.

Security has been beefed up at the CSL and a 24-hour water front surveillance by patrol boats with armed personnel and video surveillance are on, the sources said.

Naval sources said all adequate security measures for Viraat are in place. It docked at the yard during this month for repairs, the sources said.

INS Viraat is the only aircraft carrier India has at present. INS Gorkshov is undergoing necessary modification in Russia and is likely to be inducted into the service by 2012.

CSL is also constructing an 'Air Defence ship', India's first indigenously built aircraft carrier. PTI

Gee, I wish the Americans would inform us about any possible attacks inside Pakistan or against Pakistani military compounds/infrastructure.

US already shares all intelligent reports with Pak and India if its terror related.

Last edited:
Pakistan is much more blessed than that. Pakistan has given permission for US to take the action also. So they need to work hard; cant just escape with mere information. They have to attack also ..havnt u heard of us drones.

Pakistan will just get a message MISSION completed!

cool :cheers: for pak.

Is there some sort of irony in your post?
I fail to understand it.

Just wanted to make some fun. Dont read too much Into this...If u feel bad..sorry man.
I will edit my post.

Just wanted to make some fun. Dont read too much Into this...If u feel bad..sorry man.
I will edit my post.

I was trying to figure out whether it was a serious or fun-intended post.
Nevertheless, no need to apologise, no offense taken at all, besides, it's newyear!:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom